• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I think she means that it was by Misty's popularity that she wasn't taken off for so long...a typo, I believe.

I'm sure Misty has a huge Japanese fanbase...but then again, Japan cares about the American fanbase too. I heard somewhere that Brock was brought back because the Americans were upset that he was gone...

Kenta-kun

死神
Years
Chairman Kaga said:
I think she means that it was by Misty's popularity that she wasn't taken off for so long...a typo, I believe.

Then her argument completely works against her....Kasumi wasn't taken off for a little bit of time & then brought back, she was actually replaced by another character

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
Years
Ironicly, they just showed the episode last night where he returned. Of course, it was because of Professor...........

[Brock goes and hides in a corner] Brock:"Don't mention that name"

If the Magikarp salesman can make a reappearence[which he just did in Japan], then Misty can surely reappear and return. That would make both us and Ash happy. :cool:

glad.JPG

:cool:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Kenta-kun said:
Then her argument completely works against her....Kasumi wasn't taken off for a little bit of time & then brought back, she was actually replaced by another character

Brock was replaced by Tracey, though...and I think Misty's been gone in Japan about the same amount of time that Brock was gone...but since the Orange Islands arc was only one season, and the Hoenn arc looks like it's going to be two seasons, so they can't replace May with Misty again in the middle of an arc, so we'll just have to wait until the end of this league like we had to for Brock to come back...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Wait misty has been gone WAY longer then brock was, he was only gone for the orange league which was 50-somthing episodes. Misty's all ready been gone for more then 70 episodes.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
I believe she'll come back, just because of the massive size of said fanbase. The reason it'll be a while, though, is due to the time required to complete the Hoenn arc. If the were to jolt the storyline like that by bringing back an older character permanently right in the middle of an arc it'd make very little sense overall. Besides, all the little kids who discarded Misty the instant they saw May might get upset by her sudden and unexplained reappearence.

Speaking of Misy being discarded, a while back I had a horrible dream. In it, I was sitting and talking over Pokemon with a friend. we're in a crowd of children, and Misty enters the conversation. Then one of the little punks comes up and says "Who's Misty?" I remember wanting to strangle the kid even after I woke up.

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years
Kenta-kun said:

Oh jeeeez, are you seriously saying that i have to have one of my Evidence on Misty's return rants again?! ><

Guys, please, lets not start a opinion war. This is the BMB, for people who want her back. Being pesimistic about her return makes everyone despressed. Kenta-kun, its not very respectful to only post in this thread to make a argument.

I guess i will put my points in though ^^; Here ya go Misty Fans, this should make you more confident.

1. The Relationship - Right, shipping's a factor, and we'll need to take all factors into account if we want to figure out whether Misty's likely to come back. And no, the Pokeshipping subplot is NOT resolved (Duh ;)). Misty likes Ash - she's liked him ever since the Orange Islands - and it's clear to see from the HoSo specials that the writers haven't forgotten this. Misty's feelings are a dangling plot-thread.
The writers spend - what was it - four seasons? Five? - developing Misty's crush, then give her an incredibly shippy farewell scene in Gotta Catch Ya Later (the handkerchief, "well, Ash Ketchum, now I finally know what you think of me"), and plant several little reminders of the crush's existence in Misty's HoSo specials... and all for what? Nothing? Just chuck it straight out the Window? I really don't see that happening @@ The writers got rid of Togetic for a reason and have kept Misty in the dark for another reason. Don't get me wrong, i adore Togepi, as you may know Togetic's one of my fave Pokemon, but i really think it's for the best. Togepi was basicly destroying Misty's character, she had to act like his mother 24/7, she always had her attention on him, and he was always in her arms. Her personality was running dry and she had less time to focus on Ash. If she is to come back, Misty will come back fresh and better than ever. And ofcourse she'll have more time to concentrate on Ash ^.~

As for Misty being left in the dark, its almost as if she's suspended in time.
There's levels of suspicion, viewers pondering over wether she'll return or not. Tension. Thats what the writers want, it keeps their viewing levels high, keeps the Misty fans watching. Its almost like a cliff hanger.

2. May/Advance shipping? A threat to AAML and Misty's return? - AdvanceShipping is virtually baseless IMO. Am I the only one who doesn't think that there is any basis whatsoever for AdvanceShipping in the anim??
There are slight hints, of course, but no more than for the totally-discredited GymShipping (Brock+Misty). I don't even belive in those ones. However, Ash has never shown the level of attachment to May that he has to Misty. He has referred to her, indirectly, on many occasions, often in May's company.
Ash's relationship with May is that of senior to junior Trainer. She is his Apprentice and, no doubt, he has been of great help to her behind the scenes. However, he has never shown the emotional closeness and vulnerability towards May that he repeatedly did towards Misty. Nuff said.
As for May and Max, i belive they are Seasonal characters made to put some spice in AG. People claim that Pokemon was in need of some new characters, so they introduce May and Max. But IMO May is a a avertising character, she was brought into AG because she is one of the playable characters in Ruby?Sapphire, and they thought she would increase the R/S sales. Thats marketing. May and Max i belive will be left behind at the end of AG, Hoen's their home country. If Ash and Brock go back to Kanto, May and Max won't go with them IMO.

Anyhoo, i have a few more points to make, but i have to go now ^^; *Waves* Heres some piccies guys!

Last edited:

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
Years
I appologise for sounding pessimistic. I was just looking at things from a different pov, I do not wish to force my beliefs on anyone here (on a completely unrelated note, does Wally appear in AG at all?)

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
Years
So far, there has been no appearence of Wally in the show. Brandon made a cameo in Jirachi: Wish Maker in the beginning seqence which explains the world of Pokemon, though.

Sure you can join Gonan's Chick! Welcome!

On an another unrelated note, my sister wants to know if anyone here can play Lugia's Song on a flute or a recorder.

Your points are great Tatts! Also, your attached pictures didn't appear at all. :P

I see you got Doc Ock as an avatar Kaga. Thats cool! I just nicknamed my Octillery Doc Ock! I can't wait to see Spider Man 2. My sister can't wait ether.

I'm not going without showing a picture of our cutie, so here's a very cute picture of Misty from the episode Hocus Pokemon! [the one where Ash gets turned in to a Pikachu]

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
Years
Kenta-kun said:
I appologise for sounding pessimistic. I was just looking at things from a different pov, I do not wish to force my beliefs on anyone here (on a completely unrelated note, does Wally appear in AG at all?)

Don't worry about it Kenta-Kun. Sorry for bursting out like that, just goes to show how fiery i am like the red-head herself ^^;
Don't take it personally, i was just having a bad day ;)
So yeah, i'm real sorry.

Oh? Wally? I have no idea if he has/is appeared in AG *Confused* I'd like to see him make a appearance, cause i thought he was quite cool in the R/S Games. Does anybody have any info on him appearing in AG?

*Checks Member list* Wow, we are on a roll this month! =D
Welcome to The BMB Gohan's Chick!

Thankyu ML for the comments! :) Ya, my pics seem to be invisible on that post don't they? ;p Sorry, i think i forgot to attach them *sweatdrops* Heres some! Gosh, i don't have enough pics of Misty by herself, they always have Ash in too ^^;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, Doc Ock rocks, just had to make him my avvy :P

And welcome, Gohan's Chick! Hope you have fun here, the only qualification for being here is that you're a Misty fan!

Nice pics Tatt and ML! I love that one with her starry eyes, it's always funny when she does that...she doesn't go into starry-eyed mode nearly enough :P And I especially like your first pic, Tatt! I love Misty's hair there, it's so different from what she usually has!

pokeknight

Hyper Member
Years
welcome! Gohan's chick

Welcome!
Hey! huys i think that the writers had also forgotten that they started pokemon taking Kasumi and Satoshi being made for each other!
As for Haruka replacing Kasumi; i want haruka never to return then like Tracey did! :D

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Yeah, a bit of reasoning is that Ash can't be her guide forever, can't he? Besides, she's more interested in contests than battling, so May and Ash are going to have to part sooner or later because of their different goals...

at least I hope ._.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Good point, that one. Besides, May'll have to grow a spine eventually (just my opinion, folks).

Also, a great big welcome hug for GC. CVisit often, visit well, and have fun.

As for my pic review: Starry-eyed Misty is always cute, but I'm glad they only put her in occasionally, to overdo it would kill the kootness. As to Tattsu's piccy's, well, I love them all, particularly the third, which I love.

Misty Lover17

Shining Angel
Years
Well, if Misty dosn't return, we can always do this.............. take their bases!

In A.D. 2004, war was beginning.............

[exploding sound]

Director: What happen?

Prouducer: Someone set us up the bomb.

Exec. Producer: We get signal.

Director: What!

Exec. Producer: Main screen turn on.

Director: Its you!!

Tatts :P : How are you gentleman!!

Tatts:All your Misty are belong to us.

Tatts: You are on the way to cancelation.

Director: What you say?!

Tatts:You have no chance to survive make your time.

Tatts: Ha Ha Ha ....

Producer: Director!!

Director: Take off every 'ZIG'[zagoon] !!

Director: You know what your doing!!

Director: Move 'ZIG'[zagoon].

Director: For great justice.

That be funny! [turns proper English back on] Of course, she will come back. I just felt like doing a All Your Base thing. It would be funny if someone here did a Flash for this club using AYB. It makes sense. It would have alot of Misty pictures, of course.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
XD Pokemon meets Zero Wing...I could do that if you want, I have a zero wing rom that I can get pics from...but how could we tie that into the misty club? XD That "All Your Misty Are Belong To Us" phrase is hilarious :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back