• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
you people take things to serious here, I wasn't ordering him to make it where I can playing a female I was just asking, and I would rather he answer me

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Well i am telling you this. Even if he does listen to you or something for him to make clair playable that would mean a rework in the sotryt and i am pretty sure he is trying to keep it the same.And me so serious? Nevah.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
What are you talking about? I was being nice and tried my hardest. But that is what would happen for something like that to happen so yeah we will just wait for him to come along.

Atomic Reactor

You can only be lance, because that is who the story is revolved around.
It was houndooms choice. Quit bickering and accept it please.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
I am not bickering I'm asking, do not be mean here
Grow up already; obviously my -rep (without rep power ~_~) didn't help...

You obviously have no taste for decent plot-writing. How can you have -any- story involved in itself if you're always concerned with what the gender of the character is? I don't remember this particular plot, but I'm speaking in general across the board. A gender option, for example, slays any potential for romance subplots. Continuity (say, a sequel) isn't possible because that requires one path, not a gazillion options for who the protagonist is. How can your character have any distinct personality if his or her gender is not held static? Let's be honest: guys and girls do NOT think the same way. Put both a guy and a girl into the same situation, and I guarantee you they will act and react differently. You want to replace Lance with Clair? Um, yeah...again, I don't recall this one, but they are far from the same person. They even interact; the gender option requires for a complete character switch unless you have two viewpoints of the same story in one game (more work than RMXP are likely to do)...from a plot standpoint, the gender option is epic failure. Complaining isn't really appreciated in our community, either...
Everyone knows Acanthite: Would you replace Kamon with his sister? No, you would not; Kiren doesn't appear in GSC...see where the geender option falls apart? Besides, I don't see many male gamers complaining about playing as Samus...

P.S.-I'm a flake; I reported this topic early this morning as being bumped, and it was January, not December ~_~...

EDIT: So Konekodemon hides her red rep box by disabling it...how do I know? Because she dropped me a -rep (no rep power) with a nasty comment like the one below...I'd report it, but it didn't affect me (and it's something to snicker at)...I know it was her 'cause she spelled stubborn with one B both times.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

If anyone is being stubborn, it's you. I've gone ahead and reported you for spamming. Please drop it cause it's getting kinda pointless. We've all made our points about how changing to having a gender option would be bad. So quit .. please.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
your the one who's spamming not me i'm blocking you people for this

Anuhrima: Oh I see. That make sense. Thanks for begining nice to me, your the only one who has.

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Game is based around Lance, Lance is a boy last time I checked.

Why don't you go bother them about not been able to play as a girl in Yellow ?

It is a shame that you lost everything :( But it is good, because now you have a great idea of what you want, add in little new events that you didn't have before and etc.. Only bad thing is probably re-doing the scripts and mapping as f your trying to get them the same will probably be boring ><

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Just to sort this thing out, I might actually make Clair a playable character as well, but I'm not sure if I should go through all the bother. It would take a lot of scripting, might mess up the storyline and there's nothing bad about playing as a male.

While I'm busy with my exams for the next 3 weeks or so, I'm going to need a lot of help.
This means I'm going to need to recruit more staff. If anyone is interested, please fill out this forum. You can also apply for multiple positions.

Username:
Email Address:
Experience in this position:
Examples of your work:

This is what we are looking for:

Mappers (will be given guidelines and will use Kyledove's tileset)
OW Spriters (someone who can do D/P style overworlds)
DP Trainer Spriters (someone who can do D/P style trainers, back and/or front)
Ideas (this is for moves, items, abilities etc.)

When I am finished with my exams, I'm going to star rebuilding the brand new, better Scarlet.

Thanks,
Houndoomed.

conorconor

the faithful
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
what is the RGSS102E.dll it says it could not be found ;-;

ok i googled it and down loaded but its still not there

Last edited:

AeroMaxx

Tanzanite Pokedex Coordinator
Years
Hey Houndoomed. I am interested in applying as a staff member. :)

Username: AeroMaxx
Position Wanted: Ideas
Email Address: [email protected]
Experience in this position: working for items and moves for Pokemon Tanzanite
Examples of your work: link to the forums and work is in my signature.

I have also suggested a few things for items on the Scarlet forums a few days ago.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Username: iPro. (Or TB Pro, dosen't matter)
Position Wanted: Mapper
Email Address: [email protected] ; MSN = [email protected]
Experience in this position: A couple hacks, as well as doing it for fun.
Examples of your work: Engorged Path - Using Kyledoves Sinnoh tiles ; Windfry Pass - Using FireRed/Alistairs tiles ; Cesca Hollows - Using FireRed tiles.

I know I am not a Game Maker, but I have fiddled around with RMXP before. ;; The maps posted are arranged in a timeline. The most recent map is on the Left, and the oldest map is on the right. Feel free to browse my Photobucket for more maps. Thanks for taking your time of day to read this ^_^

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Hey guys. I'm hoping to have this update out by Sunday, before I go back to school. It should include the following:

An update should be coming very soon. Things to expect:

New region map
Character redesigns
New and improved maps
New graphics
Updated first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back