• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next-Gen Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2014
Sorry if this is already a topic, but I looked around the forums and didn't see it.

I made this thread mainly to talk about expectations or ideas for the next Pokemon game, and whether you want a remake or a completely new region and story. If you want a remake, for example, please include some ideas (new or old) about what you think would make it even better than the original! :)

Personally, I would love to see more time-exclusive Pokemon, such as ones that only come out at dawn or dusk, late night, and early morning. It gets a little tiresome seeing the same ones at any time of day. I think we need more Pokemon like Hoothoot, that only show up under normal circumstances at night time. I spend a good amount of my play time at night, and it gives more excitement and reason to picking up the game at strange times to play, in my opinion.

I would also like more time-exclusive events. I remember setting my alarm clock one night just to wake up around the right time to check out that little Easter Egg in Diamond at the Mansion when the security guard left. It was actually disappointing. I think there should be better rewards to things like that.

Also, I would really prefer the next version being on the 3DS. Not for the gimmicky 3D aspect, but since the franchise is pushing 3D models for everything, they seem to be at their limits with the DS. The 3DS is capable of much more and I would like to see it in use.

Lastly, (this is all I can think of at the moment) I'm getting a little tired of being the protagonist. I think it would be really cool to be able to make some choices in the game that actually change the story. Many games (like InFamous) already have this and I find it really fun. It even gives a lot more replay value to the game. Little side missions or branching story lines can change your reputation to good or bad, and things like stealing other trainers' Pokemon can damage it.

P.S. I would love a trophy system. I know it isn't even an option outside of the game right now, because Nintendo stated that they would not use it, but I noticed the use of medals in B2/W2 and think they might be going somewhere with that.

So those are my ideas for the next game. I know it's not much, but feel free to add yours!

Update: 2 more ideas

I think something needs to be done about HMs. At least make them deletable, like other moves, or do something so I don't need a HM slave in my party. My favorite Pokemon in my party are never taught HMs because I can't simply delete them for a better move.

Something should be done about all of the hacked Pokemon getting into the GTS. I don't want to trade my hard-earned Pokemon for something I can easily make in a few seconds with PPSE or AR codes. They should run some type of validator, excusing specifacally event Pokemon, that doesn't allow you to upload illegal Pokemon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back