• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Clay in driftveil city went down pretty easy as well, I've finally gotten a handle on how things are this time around - MUCH TOUGHER!

I also beat all the opponents at the World Tournament, but c'mon they were all at level 25, it was no contest really.
Oh, did you know they require you to enter 3 mon? I tried to go with just Gardevoir, but they refused!

Alright, up next is Skyla, I suspect I'll take her out pretty quickly as well!

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Username: Kanea.

Current Goal:

Training a competitive team in White. My only EVed pokemon is a Charizard.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I totally did not expect a triple battle from Skyla!

When I was CLOSE to winning my game glitched, and would not let me send out new pokemon! I had her down to the last three, and I had just revived my whole team.
She ko'd my first two, leaving the third.
For whatever reason I became unable to send out new pokemon!
So i'm resetting and gonna try again.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Welcome, Pokemoner2500, latias190 and Kanea! Hope you guys have fun here with us! I'm curious about what Pokemon you guys are level/EV training and how is it going ^_^

Oh tough luck, mucus, sounds like a glitch! So in Blaze Black (this is what you were playing, I think?), Gym Leaders have full parties and you can even have triple battles with them? Sounds a lot tougher, I wonder if training is more difficult too, as in, more grinding? Or is AI so much better that you'd need to go as far as EV training?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Skyla went crashing down!
Ohhhh yeah! Gigalith really lead the charge on this one with her unrelenting rock slides!

Current team
Gigalith
Gardevoir
Samurott
Torandus
Shellgon
Eelektross

Skyla has been the only triple gym leader battle so far, and I think there have only been a handful of triples in the whole thing actually.
Yeah, there's a lot more grinding involved, right now my numbers look to be about 5 hours of grind per gym.
I've ev trained my team, and it's still real tough so I'd say EV training is a must.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
Username: xMikasax
Your Goals: My goals are to make my team strong and to build strong bonds with them.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I caught a litwick last night.
She's going to be replacing Gardevoir.
Good bye Gardevoir, you did your job admirably!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: xMikasax
Your Goals: My goals are to make my team strong and to build strong bonds with them.

Welcome to the club, hope you enjoy it here! What game(s) are you currently playing and how is training your team going?

Yeah, there's a lot more grinding involved, right now my numbers look to be about 5 hours of grind per gym.
I've ev trained my team, and it's still real tough so I'd say EV training is a must.

That sounds tough, looks like a good game if you want a challenge. Personally, I don't like grinding, but as weird as that may sound, I actually enjoy EV training. I guess that, since I'm going to battle the same Pokemon over and over again anyway, actually boosting my teammates' stats as opposed to just gaining EXP is actually a good enough reason to go for it. Poor Litwick at Celestial Tower, hehe.

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
I'm currently playing again my Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Ruby and my pokemon are doing fine in their training but now I have to face Roxanne (because these are new save files) now I have to do more training.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Caught a litwick, she's replaced Gardevoir - and has already evolved into...whatever.
I need to find a covenant ore (blaze black item) in order to evolve it into Chandelure.

I changed my Eelektross's name to Shibirudon, because I am just so used to that name.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: Zebz213
Your Goals: EV Training a new competitive UU Team.

Welcome the the club, hope you enjoy it here! Good luck with your team, may we ask what Pokemon you're training and how's it going? Also, here is a great EV counter for you, you can set PKRS and any items you're using, and you can just hit a button to add your EVs, a real time saver, hehe. And if you're playing B/W or B2/W2, it also hints to some of the best EV training spots in Unova.

I'm currently playing again my Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Ruby and my pokemon are doing fine in their training but now I have to face Roxanne (because these are new save files) now I have to do more training.

Good luck with your games! Are Emerald and Ruby very different though? I mean, are you able to make different teams and use different strategies, or do you end up duplicating some of your Pokemon?

Caught a litwick, she's replaced Gardevoir - and has already evolved into...whatever.
I need to find a covenant ore (blaze black item) in order to evolve it into Chandelure.

I changed my Eelektross's name to Shibirudon, because I am just so used to that name.

That's its Japanese name, right? I name my Clefable Pixi, and I sometimes draw inspiration from the original names, some are very creative and it's fun learning about the ideas behind the Pokemon. Also, there are also unique items in Blaze Black, I didn't know that. That ore thing seems to work like an evolutionary stone, are there also items that help with EXP gaining or effort values? Though since this hack is supposed to be really challenging, I kinda doubt it.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
That's its Japanese name, right? I name my Clefable Pixi, and I sometimes draw inspiration from the original names, some are very creative and it's fun learning about the ideas behind the Pokemon. Also, there are also unique items in Blaze Black, I didn't know that. That ore thing seems to work like an evolutionary stone, are there also items that help with EXP gaining or effort values? Though since this hack is supposed to be really challenging, I kinda doubt it.
Well, lucky stone, exp share, etc items like this.
And yeah Shibirudon is the Japanese version of the name. I was part of the b/w translation team way back when, and I got used to that name... and it rolls off the tongue so much more easily imo.

Updates:
Tornadus is off the team.
Shellgon evolved into Salamence and learned fly.
Samurott became an HM slave.
Gigalith learned strength.
Chandelure has come into being.
Gardevoir (my prized 'mon) is back on the team.

Currently on route 13, just north of Udella town.
Cobalion is here... I'm going back at night to try and catch it with duskballs.

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
Welcome the the club, hope you enjoy it here! Good luck with your team, may we ask what Pokemon you're training and how's it going? Also, here is a great EV counter for you, you can set PKRS and any items you're using, and you can just hit a button to add your EVs, a real time saver, hehe. And if you're playing B/W or B2/W2, it also hints to some of the best EV training spots in Unova.

I've already got an EV counter and I've already finished EV Training half the team in quite a good spot, thanks for the recommendation though! :D I'm actually EV Training an OU Team instead now and the pokemon are Cresselia, Volcarona, Metagross, Gastrodon, Scrafty, and Amoongus.

Last edited:

xMikasax

Your Worst Nightmare
Years
No i'm not duplicating them because I was thinking in ruby winggull in ruby and in emerald tailow and my starter in emerald is treecko while my starter in ruby is torchic (see the difference)

Zebz213

Travelling Insomniac
Years
Update!
The whole team has been EV Trained and it is proving to be quite a fearsome team in Double Battles on Random Matchup :D!

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username: kirou12
Your Goals: To create a strong team to face the entire Pokemon universe.

Welcome to the club! Good luck with your training projects and feel free to tell us about them. Hope you enjoy it here ^_^

Wait, isn't Blaze Black a remake of Black? So if you're already on Route 13, does that mean you've beat the game, mucus? Or are you able to explore Black post-game area before defeating the Champion in Blaze Black?

Mikasa, that's great! Your starters even match the color of the game they're in, hehe. I think it's a good idea to use a different team in different playthroughs, especially when you're playing two games at the same time, that way you can compare your training progress and see what fits you best while experimenting with different Pokemon. Feel free to keep us updated on your progress :)

Dylan, that's good to hear! It's always a great feeling to see that all the breeding and hard training pays off in the end, isn't it?

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Username: Pacifist
Your Goals: I want to maximize the potential of my pokemon through breeding, shiny hunting, EV training and much much more
at the moment i'm playing through Black 2 again, my main objective for this playthrough is to get a nice base for breeding and training until X & Y come out, since my last save was really messed up
I have just defeated Burgh and this is my team so far:
Spoiler:

Back