• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Loneliness.

Manitee

bury me alive
Years
I don't mind being alone, it doesn't bother me much. I'll just read books or listen to music. I do enjoy talking to people but I wouldn't say I'm needy.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2015
It can be a good and bad thing. Honestly, at the moment, I spend 99% of the time with my family. I can't remember the last time I did something with a friend who wasn't family. Not to say I don't have friends, I just stay in contact through Social Networking.

But then in six months I could be the complete opposite and always going out with friends. I have weird phases like that.

Loneliness isn't so bad if you have something to pass the time.

Outlier

Being needy and codependent aren't qualities I like at all. That said being a lone wolf is nothing to be proud of either. I definitely spend my fair share of time alone, if that wasn't already obvious enough from the username.

I agree with what Raichu said 100%. I think I can speak for myself and people like me when I say that there is a sick part of us that actually gets off from being secluded from others to the point where we actually feel miserable. I'm out of my teens now so it's getting even more pathetic.

I became aware of my anti-social behavior years ago, yet I never put in the effort or took advantage of any of the opportunities to better myself and become a more outgoing person like I used to be. Whenever people reached out I'd always turn them away or sabotage my relationships with them. Now pretty much everybody who I ever cared about is out in the world living life while I'm at home feeling sorry for myself because I guess I'm dead set on being a miserable piece of **** till the day I die haha.

They say intelligent people have a harder time breaking out of bad habits and addictions because they tend to rationalize pretty much everything they do. For example you could ask me why I am the way I am and I could tell you in great detail about the series of events that led to my mental breakdown a few years ago. But the truth is at a certain it doesn't matter what happened to you or why you are the way you are. The world doesn't revolve around your problems or misery. So you have to actually try to improve yourself or your situation, and more importantly you have to genuinely WANT to improve yourself or your situation. Otherwise life will continue to pass you by.

Years
Usually I feel lonely when my parents say they're going shopping but wind up being gone for like 6 hours or more because they committed to other things without telling me (which unfortunately happens a lot).. but other than that, I have things I could do online if I ever feel lonely.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
There's a difference between feeling alone and feeling lonely. Feeling alone isn't that bad (everyone likes being alone at some point. It's necessary), but feeling lonely is something that nobody should ever have to experience. You can feel lonely when you're around other people, but I find it hard to feel alone around other people.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I think the small hours haunt us all, when we're alone. However loneliness is an important part of self-reflection. It's important to be able to be confident in being alone, fear of it is actually a sign of a broken or frail mentality. Those who are afraid of being alone usually have memories or thoughts that hurt or upset them. So I tend to enjoy alone time and so forth, but too much of it can be bad for anyone, really.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Do I like being alone? I was going to say not really, but I'm taking that back, actually. It all depends on how life is for you when you're alone, or it does for me anyway. If I'm happy, and I'm alone, I'll be happy, cause my mind's focused on whatever's putting that smile on my face. In times like those, nah, I don't mind being alone at all. It's those times when you're sad or unsure, or hell, depressed, where being alone feels like you're being waterboarded by your own mind. Memories eat away at you, gnawing at every shred of endurance you have, until eventually you have nothing left and you collapse.

So yeah, it depends, really.

V-Create

You have no power here
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
I love being alone most of the time because I submerge myself in books (I forget reality), but after that I snap back in real life.. and I just want to feel people.. like cuddling or something.
I feel like I'm satisfied with just THAT and nothing else.
Physical contact, nothing sexual, just so I know I'm not lonely in this world.. but even I can't get that whenever I need it most.
It's just a sinking feeling and you can't help but wish someone would just hug you tight the way you hug people tight and just piece together that broken part of you that you don't even know you have. So deep but true.

Feel better y'all, I'd give out really tight hugs if I could!!​

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Spoiler:

This..we all might feel lonely sometimes but some people know how to enjoy that! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I prefer to be alone most of the time, but that also seems when I reflect on my past the most and that makes me feel really bad about myself. There are some nights, late at night where I just feel like udder crap and I hate it. No matter who you are, ever human needs some sort of companionship in their life at some point.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Big difference between being alone and being lonely. I like being alone at times because I can be on my own and have none of those gross lonely feelings.

With loneliness though, I hate it (who likes it tho). That horrible empty feeling, it's just ugh no thank. Like there's nothing worse than being with a group of friends and feeling lonely. And I feel like I can't talk to them about it because they don't understand the difference so yah it's just a big gross mess when I feel like that.

Years
I've always been a lone wolf, it's my nature. I have tried to change it on people's request but it just doesn't work that way. It's just like a pokemon's nature, there's no way to change it (other than hacking LOL).

Surprisingly enough, at my current job, a lot of people there have no idea of how antisocial I am and ironically my job requires me to be super sociable. I have to be approachable and people say I do a great job at socializing. So, I came to realize that sometimes, even though your nature may be "lonely", the situation can influence the outcome of your sociableness (is it even possible to say it?).

On the other hand, while I'm not at work I'm pretty much a lone wolf. People in my French course even asked me one day if they have a contagious disease that keeps me away from them.

In the end I came to realize one thing: we can be alone in the crowd, we are always alone no matter what. Is there really anyone out there or is life but an illusion? We can never tell, let's try and enjoy it for what it is.

"We are all bound by our experiences. They are the limits of our consciousness. But in the end, the human soul will ever reach for the truth... This is what Adam taught me."
-Samus Aran

[I'm sorry for reviving this topic, but it really caught my attention]

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I used to be very antisocial; I had social anxiety, I couldn't talk to anyone and I had very few friends.

But I think there was one point where I realised my loneliness (the last thing my ex said to me on the phone before we broke up was "Your problem is you're just lonely" and that just got to me so much) and I decided to do something about it. Every day, I try to talk to at least one person who's not a member of my family - whether it be phoning them or texting - and it's just made me much more comfortable. Even today, I've done nothing social all day, but I've facebooked quite a few of my friends. I doubt I could revert back to being asocial and lonely like I was before.
Whew... I'm not alone on this forum with SAD. Well, you had it, and I think you can vouch for me on this: It's hell.

I'm lonely all the time. People don't talk to me, because they know that it won't go anywhere because of anxiety. I can't help this, but you know....

Loneliness can actually be for the better. If your really angry at the world, you need to be alone, so you won't hurt anyone else.

Loneliness ins't that bad of a feeling, eventually. Once you've been lonely for 9 years, you get used to it.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Lonely? I feel lonely very often. I grew up near a town where pretty much everyone in it didn't want anything to do with my family. We were 'those weird homeschoolers'. We had a few 'friends', but I've never had luck with friends.

I was the one who was too young to hang out with my older siblings, and too old to hang out with the younger one. My only 'friend' turned on me and nearly raped me when I was 10.

Since then? Fake friend after fake friend. I can't help but feel that nobody actually wants me around. I've always had trust issues because of this, plus my Autism that I was born with.

So yeah, I've always had people around, but they didn't want me there, which I think can be worse than being completely alone.

Now, even though I think I have some friends, I can't help but feel afraid, I can't help but doubt. I'm tired of fake friends, and being alone because of it.

I don't view being alone in itself as bad, but when people give you hope that you don't have to be alone, and then strip it away like you're worthless. That's just horrible.

Years
Feeling lonely? I do sometimes, especially when my mood's not the best (and I just somehow swing to the thought of "omg I have no one to turn to right now ahhh", regardless of my actual surroundings).

However, compared to the amount of time I actually spend alone, I actually don't get that lonely that much. I'm the kind of person that doesn't tend to do well for long among a lot of people, so I'd far rather spend my time by myself or with one or two other people, tops.

Then again, I also then tend to go talk to people online while I'm by myself, so I'm not entirely sure how much that counts...

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Love being alone listening to music but I have to interact once in awhile just so I don't go off the deep end that's what I believe n also need hugs once in awhile to feel not so lonely besides that fact most people I've met r fake n its like ugh come on why bothr

Last edited:
Years
I am used to be lonely, it's pretty normal for me. Actually I prefer being lonely, because I'm a lone character.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I despise being alone, because there will always be points where I have problems I can't do alone and in need of support.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
There are times that I want to be alone, and there are times that I want communication and interaction with people. I much prefer doing things on my own, but there can be times that I'll feel depressed because I lack that human interaction. Being along is alright as long as you don't spend too much time by yourself.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
I used to be able to go weeks without talking to anybody really. But now I get really emotional and usually need an army of people to talk to me and listen to my feelings, and if I don't talk to people I hold in all my emotions and it usually leads to depression.

Back