• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
TEPIG/EMBOAR SOLO WHITE UPDATE
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, I've got all 8 badges on my Venusaur run, but I just can't get past freaking LUCIAN!!!!!

Any ideas?

Oh, and while I ponder my defeat at the hands of that stupid- I mean the awesomely powerful Lucian! (he's watching me.... o.O) I guess I'll start a Charizard ultimate.

Username: Feraligatr13
Pokemon of Choice: Charizard
Games: FireRed, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum (AFTER I transfer all my goodies), Black 2, Y (I like doing my challenges on Y lol)

Alright, be back when I find a way to murder that b*tch Lucian I mean get some progress in with Charizard! o.O >:D

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Tynamo Update #2
Spoiler:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Challenge:
Spoiler:

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

So as you can see, I've beaten the League and became a hero or something. I never played Generation Five before, so I'm just making the journey again as Cheren said. Never thought I would get 1 Exp. when holding a Lucky Egg.
EDIT: Actually, now I've walked around a bit, I have decided not to expand my challenge for Alder. I'm just too curious on how the storyline goes on in White 2. So I am going to start that "single" challenge:

Username: TeunCornflakes
Pokemon of Choice: Seabubble (Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise)
Challenge: Single
Game(s): White 2

Maybe I will complete White later on, but I think you can count that game as finished.

You know what, this just doesn't work.
I've searched too long for starter and wild modifiers on B2W2, and I'm tired of it. I am going to start my new Ultimate Solo Challenge right now. Bang.
I don't have X or Y, so of course I can't finish SeaBubble's one right now. Maybe, just maybe, I will do that in the future.
Anyway.

Username: TeunCornflakes
Pokemon of Choice: Earthburst (Geodude, Graveler, Golem)
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, X

In this one, I'll have to make level-evolutions so that'll take a lot of research too. But as long as I can count on YAPE it'll be fine.

I started FireRed today. I used YAPE to make Graveler evolve to Golem at level 36 and Advance Starter Editor to replace Bulbasaur with Geodude.

Brock was fun, of course. We had just enough PP with Rock Throw and Tackle combined.

I see now I've messed up my save file when I tried to change the starter without those tools. Tried everything to make it better, but that didn't work. After the League I'll have to quit again...

So, hehe, I made the whole Vermillion City and S.S. Aqua tour before battling Misty, just to be sure I'd beat her. That explains why Earthburst evolved twice. I like being overpowered o*~*o Probably the level for evolving to Golem should have been higher, by the way. Maybe I will do that in another way for the next games.

Sorry for the gap at Blaine again, I really thought I had made a screenshot there but oh well.

Pokémon FireRed screens:
Spoiler:

FireRed HM Slaves:
Spoiler:

I wanted to finish FireRed before going to bed, so here you go. I will make a new post when I start the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Username: Kostucha
Pokemon of Choice: Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X

Lihtal

Castle Guard
Years
Username: Lihtal
Pokemon: Jolteon
Game: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, White.
Mode:Ultimate

Lets do dis

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hello, I'd like to say something. To be honest, it's been difficult to get in time to play, with school and other things, and once I beat Lucian with Venusaur (PLEASE PM me if anyone knows what I can do) I think I'm going to put my solo challenges on hold for a little while. I want to be able to put a little more time into doing some monotype challenges; I haven't done any of them in a while. I plan to come back to the solo challenge, just at a time where it would be more convenient; I started PokeCommunity doing the monotype, and I don't want to forget about it. No offense, cya later. ;)

Also, Sairento Tamashii, I would assume that LiquidCrystal would be ok, since it still features Johto (right?), but I wouldn't know.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
If I played liquid crystal would I be able to count that in an ultimate challenge? It's basically a hard mode crystal with gen 3 graphics and a physical/special split.
Since Liquid Crystal is really just a remake of Crystal it's perfectly fine for an Ultimate Challenge.

Hello, I'd like to say something. To be honest, it's been difficult to get in time to play, with school and other things, and once I beat Lucian with Venusaur (PLEASE PM me if anyone knows what I can do) I think I'm going to put my solo challenges on hold for a little while. I want to be able to put a little more time into doing some monotype challenges; I haven't done any of them in a while. I plan to come back to the solo challenge, just at a time where it would be more convenient; I started PokeCommunity doing the monotype, and I don't want to forget about it. No offense, cya later. ;)

Also, Sairento Tamashii, I would assume that LiquidCrystal would be ok, since it still features Johto (right?), but I wouldn't know.
Thanks for clearing that up while I wasn't able to answer yet. It sucks to see a frequent challenger go but I look forward to your return :) As for Lucian, I'm going to have to face him sometime soon in my Venusaur Challenge so what I plan to do if he gives me a lot of trouble is get a lot of X-items. X-Sp. Def for sure so he doesn't OHKO me with Psychic all day. That's all that I think would help, besides doing some serious level grinding of course.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #4: Chesnaught - X
I beat X a little while a go (the sixth to be specific) and I got a bit too swept up in just playing the game after that, so I kinda forgot to update. I did get a picture this time (yay me), so the screens make a comeback. It wasn't too difficult and I quite like Chesnaught, though his design somehow still really bothers me. This solo run was a lot of fun (see what I did there), but I think I'm gonna keep to gen V and below for a while.

Screen(s):
Spoiler:

Team:
652.png

Chester the Quirky Chesnaught (M) @ Lv.97
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Wide Lens
Poison Jab
Hammer Arm
Seed Bomb
Rock Slide

Oh and I already started on my new solo run, I'm actually quite a bit ahead, but I'll post an update on that tomorrow. Here's the sign-up:
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Infernape
Game: Black

Proteun

Years
Spoiler:

Pokémon FireRed screens:
Spoiler:

I started HeartGold yesterday, and defeated Falkner today. Of course he wasn't a challenge using Rock Throw.

I used a great, really simple tool called HeartGold Evolution Editor to make Graveler evolve at level 40 this time. As I said, level 36 seemed to be a bit too quick regarding Geodude's evolution level.
Then I searched all over the Interwebs looking for a starter modifier, found nothing, cursed myself, then realized you can catch Geodude at the second Route of the game.

Also I found some weird glitches in the game. I hope they won't stay or make me unable to go on.

Just defeated Bugsy as well. Again, I had the type advantage, so he wasn't really difficult.

And hey, you know what I did? I 2HKO'd Whitney's Miltank. You wanna know how? USING ROLLOUT!

I've defeated Morty (insert exaggerated British pronunciation here) too. And Earthburst just evolved!

...and Chuck

Okay, I don't know what to say all the time in these updates... I've defeated Jasmine.

Pokémon HeartGold screens:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Ah, solo run. Haven't done one of these since Crystal. May as well do the same one I did a few years ago.

Username: LucarioPWNS
Pokemon of Choice: QUILAVA
Game(s): SoulSilver

I'm very sorry, but I'll have to change my challenge. I can't seem to find my other copy of SS, and I don't have another DS to transfer my Pokés over to Black with my current copy. I'll have to go and change my rules...
sigh. I really wanted to do this challenge in SS with a Quilava, yo.

Username: LucarioPWNS
Pokemon of Choice: Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Game(s): Black

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Since I can't find out how to evolve Togepi in LeafGreen, can I just hack Togetic into the game?
If you use the Universal Pokemon Randomizer you should be able to find a setting that allows you to get the National Pokedex early on. Then you can evolve Togepi by friendship. Assuming this is on a ROM.

Also, James, if you don't mind could you update the Champions list with my name change?

Proteun

Years
Since I can't find out how to evolve Togepi in LeafGreen, can I just hack Togetic into the game?

If you don't want to level up using Happiness, have you ever heard of a tool called YAPE? You can change everything about Pokemon using that, including ways of evolution.

Oh and by the way, I'm probably going to get Pokemon X tomorrow (yay!) but I don't really understand how you would be able to do a solo run on those games with for example a Blastoise or Golem. Hasn't anyone else had problems with this yet?
Of course cheating would be possible, but I don't think I will spend money on that, actually. Also that would hurt save files and stuff.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
If you don't want to level up using Happiness, have you ever heard of a tool called YAPE? You can change everything about Pokemon using that, including ways of evolution.

Oh and by the way, I'm probably going to get Pokemon X tomorrow (yay!) but I don't really understand how you would be able to do a solo run on those games with for example a Blastoise or Golem. Hasn't anyone else had problems with this yet?
Of course cheating would be possible, but I don't think I will spend money on that, actually. Also that would hurt save files and stuff.
Blastoise is in Pokemon X at Lumiose City, and for Golem you can find Geodude in caves, and then find someone in Trade Corner to help you with the evolution.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
If you use the Universal Pokemon Randomizer you should be able to find a setting that allows you to get the National Pokedex early on. Then you can evolve Togepi by friendship. Assuming this is on a ROM.

Also, James, if you don't mind could you update the Champions list with my name change?

Thanks for helping while I wasn't around, and will do next update :)

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Username: ShadowGreninja
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Pokemon: Dragonair

Proteun

Years
Blastoise is in Pokemon X at Lumiose City, and for Golem you can find Geodude in caves, and then find someone in Trade Corner to help you with the evolution.

It's not really the problem where to get them, but the rules say you have to get one before the first Gym. Thanks for helping, though.
I've got X today, by the way. I love it ^_^

Also, for updates, next Monday I'm going to Herne Bay in England with school. I will start Earthburst's Ruby there on my smartphone, and play through X for the first time, but HeartGold will lay still for that time. But I will go further on that this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back