• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Yesterday, I got a bunch of Nintendo Dunkin Pokémon cards from 2000. So I started identifying and ordering these cards, but I got a little confused about the logos on the sides of the cards. Because, even though all of these cards look similar, there's only one difference: these logos never seem to be on the same spot for each card. So now I am wondering: What's the reason for this? Are these logos important when it comes to sorting these cards?

Attachments

• 20190506_215411.jpg
    20190506_215411.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Usually cards like that have laxer rules about where the information is placed because the Pokémon takes up so much room on the card / the colors of the background vary so much. So there's no one size fits all solution for where to place text in those cases, you know?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Usually cards like that have laxer rules about where the information is placed because the Pokémon takes up so much room on the card / the colors of the background vary so much. So there's no one size fits all solution for where to place text in those cases, you know?

OK, thanks for your nice reaction. So now I have a second question:

I also got a bunch of Topps Pokémon cards, Artbox Pokémon cards, Artbox Pokémon stickers and Merlin Pokémon stickers. Is there an online guide for collecting those??? I'm sorry I'm a real newbie at this :blush:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
OK, thanks for your nice reaction. So now I have a second question:

I also got a bunch of Topps Pokémon cards, Artbox Pokémon cards, Artbox Pokémon stickers and Merlin Pokémon stickers. Is there an online guide for collecting those??? I'm sorry I'm a real newbie at this :blush:

Happy to help. :)

Looking around, I can't find a guide per se on collecting those specific items. However, a list of the released products and prices from other sellers does exist. Here's a list of all the Pokemon merchandise manufactured by Topps. (And one for Artbox stickers) You can sort what you're looking for, make sure you have each card, evaluate the condition, then gather price data from places like Ebay, collectors.com, tcgplayer, pokemonprices, and various other websites.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Happy to help. :)

Looking around, I can't find a guide per se on collecting those specific items. However, a list of the released products and prices from other sellers does exist. Here's a list of all the Pokemon merchandise manufactured by Topps. (And one for Artbox stickers) You can sort what you're looking for, make sure you have each card, evaluate the condition, then gather price data from places like Ebay, collectors.com, tcgplayer, pokemonprices, and various other websites.

Thanks for your nice reaction :smile: So now I have another question: I've got a Merlin 2000 Charizard holo sticker (number 121) in good-NM condition. But I can't find this sticker anywhere on the Internet, though. So can you tell me what this sticker is worth in euros?

Attachments

• 20190507_172706.jpg
    20190507_172706.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190507_172719.jpg
    20190507_172719.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
Thanks for your nice reaction :smile: So now I have another question: I've got a Merlin 2000 Charizard holo sticker (number 121) in good-NM condition. But I can't find this sticker anywhere on the Internet, though. So can you tell me what this sticker is worth in euros?

Could not find it specifically, but based on other standalone Merlin stickers I could find, I'd put it as somewhere between 1 and 2 euros, maybe a bit less. Maybe even a bit more because it's got Charizard which generally adds some to the price.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I was able to do a bit of research and found the sticker being sold by an independent seller for $1.99. In Euros that would be about 1.78, so Don was right. :) Hope that helped!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Could not find it specifically, but based on other standalone Merlin stickers I could find, I'd put it as somewhere between 1 and 2 euros, maybe a bit less. Maybe even a bit more because it's got Charizard which generally adds some to the price.

OK thank you both for your nice reactions. So now I have another question: I have some more Topps (Merlin) Pokémon stickers, but those are from Merlin Stickers Series 1, made in 1999. The six stickers from the first pics are in mint condition, the 6 stickers from the last pictures are Good-NM. Worth anything?

Attachments

• 20190508_130431.jpg
    20190508_130431.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190508_132849.jpg
    20190508_132849.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190508_131431.jpg
    20190508_131431.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20190508_132738.jpg
    20190508_132738.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 20, 2019
Is this card worth anything?

Kabutops

Attachments

• F0ECD84F-D879-4238-84EA-A5AD4AA2C7FE.jpeg
    F0ECD84F-D879-4238-84EA-A5AD4AA2C7FE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Years
OK thank you both for your nice reactions. So now I have another question: I have some more Topps (Merlin) Pokémon stickers, but those are from Merlin Stickers Series 1, made in 1999. The six stickers from the first pics are in mint condition, the 6 stickers from the last pictures are Good-NM. Worth anything?

Oh, whoops, sorry completely missed this. Couldn't find any of these specifically on eBay, but based on prices for ones of popular Pokemon vs unpopular Pokemon, Pikachu and Eevee are probably worth 4 to 6 Euro, and everything else is probably worth 1 to 2 Euro.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024

I'm getting some mixed results for these, but the ones I've found are going for about ¢.50 to $1.

NM this is going for like $2.50 to $4.

Years
I was searching trough my Pokemon cards with a friend, I found a holographic gold star shiny charizard delta species 100/101 card and my friend told me that the card is worth very much money. The card is in very good condition. I'm wondering how much the card is worth.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I was searching trough my Pokemon cards with a friend, I found a holographic gold star shiny charizard delta species 100/101 card and my friend told me that the card is worth very much money. The card is in very good condition. I'm wondering how much the card is worth.

It would be useful to see a picture to help determine the condition, but ungraded NM Dragon Frontier Charizard is going for between $275 and $400, from my research.

Years
Damn, I did not expect it to be worth that much. I can't post the pictures here since I need 5 posts in order to use links. I can send you the pictures via private messages on discord or something if you want to.

Years
No, I can't even attach it, it keeps telling me that I need to have at least 5 posts. Please contact me on discord (Apuxe#7748), I will send the pictures over there.

Even when going into Use Full Editor and clicking/tapping on the paper clip menu open in the below screenshot? Odd, because I don't think the limits for that were changed, only the posting links minimums.

screenshots.PNG

Years
It gives me an error when I try to open the full editor. Anyways, I've reached 5 posts by now so here are the pictures of the front and back: https://imgur.com/5YKsZvu
https://imgur.com/gX4YH9D

With that fraying on the back, that's in "played" condition and will probably net you somewhere between $150 and $300 US on eBay.

Per CardMarket.com (EU card pricing and selling marketplace), it looks like the EU price is between 130 and 200 Euro for one in your condition for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back