• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tut] How to map...

LapeFruitz

Khaos Hacker
Years
Dude, this made me become a better mapper, for sure. The Town you made really gave me ideas. Thak you!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
no tutorial to create a forest :(

I wouldn't say anything about this, but still, a forest is typically a route without houses or much mountains. Make it fully grassy and lots of trees around them. Not mountains but caves are acceptable :P .

ok two questions
1 how do you put the trees water and other stuff in the map? like what program or whatever?
2 how do you put it in the rom???

The program used can be EliteMap or AdvanceMap, preferably LU-HO's AdvanceMap since its easier to use... just change the map with the blocks at the right and click "File --- Save" and its done. You might think "why wasn't that explained in the tutorial?" Read what's below to find out.

About the "tut"... yeah its nice, but not for beginners. Here are a few reasons why:

• It does not say anything about warps.
  • Movement permissions are not explained.
  • Nothing is said about weather etc.

I understand why as well, this tutorial's target is to make your maps natural and fabulous but not the gameplay effects. It focuses on the way you should map, not how it comes when you play.

Sorry if this has been said earlier, but you forgot to add that "GYM" signpost in front of the gym in the "towns" section of the tutorial.

This tutorial helped me a lot, a huge thanks to the owner of this thread.

All I've got to say,
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
very great and awsome tutorial, i learned some things. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2023
Very good tutorial, there are many people that maps linearly, forgetting that everything in nature is spontaneous
We will serve! thanks!

The Void

hiiiii
Years
So this is how to make a proper map...
This is the first one I've seen, although it's not very beginner-friendly...
But, all the same, good one! This will really help me improve my mapping skills!

Years
erghh, i wanted to change fire red map but my advance map won't load fire red
it says "File access denied"

can somebody help :(

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
Wow, thank you so much. :) I thought this was very beginner (i.e. me) friendly, and it helped a lot with thinking creatively how to put a map together. Exactly what I was looking for.

Back