• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Help with box wallpaper editing

Years
Before all, thank you for the interest in helping me!
The problem is this:
ynvFt

>: If somehow the image isn't loading, you can see it here: https://imgur.com/a/ynvFt

The informations that I have:
Pal Header Box City - 0x3CF12C
Pal Box City - 0x3CF14C
Tileset City - 0x3CF16C
Tilemap City - 0x3CF374

Box wallpapers table is at 0x3D2A10
Format: (tileset)(tilemap)(headerpallete)

My tileset and tilemap are in the attachments,

Attachments

• Wallpaper02.rar
    946 bytes · Views: 11
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I think you mean the few tiles in the down-right corner of the image right? I think that has something to do with a flaw of Nameless Tilemap editor. I had the same problem when implementing my town map.

Apparantly it can be fixed by adding a few zero's at the end of the place in the ROM where you implemented the tilemap (with hex editing). Maybe someone can complement on this?

What I did to fix this was using a programm called 'Hurricane' to make the Tilemap, which isn't as user friendly as NTME, but automatically adds those zero's at the end of the tilemap.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
You can also try to take your tileset and load it with an original tilemap of a PC wallpaper and edit that one.

Years
Just adding a few zeros didn't help =(
I suffered a lot understanding how to use hurricane, but in the end it worked, it helped and helped a lot, so thank you Kalarie. I will have to transfer all the tilemaps from NTME to Hurricane, return a backup and insert 16 tilemaps and 16 tilesets again to not mess free space? Yes, but I can't be happier. https://imgur.com/a/6XO4Z

Delta, I will post the offsets of box wallpapers and information about the table in Quick Research Thread right now.

Delta231

A noob
Years
Just adding a few zeros didn't help =(
I suffered a lot understanding how to use hurricane, but in the end it worked, it helped and helped a lot, so thank you Kalarie. I will have to transfer all the tilemaps from NTME to Hurricane, return a backup and insert 16 tilemaps and 16 tilesets again to not mess free space? Yes, but I can't be happier. https://imgur.com/a/6XO4Z

Delta, I will post the offsets of box wallpapers and information about the table in Quick Research Thread right now.

THANKS ^_^ PLEASE MAKE A TUTORIAL ON CHANGING THEM. IT WOULD HELP ME A LOT.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
About the zero's: It has to be a specific amount to fill the 'gap' in hex numbers that NTME doesn't automatically adds at the end. I don't remember how many and how to find out how many to add so I'm still hoping someone could complement on that. Since I really prefer to use NTME over Hurricane as well:P

But I'm glad Hurricane worked for you;)

Back