• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC Battle Video Archive [Approved by Wolflare]

Years

W3P9R.png

CBC Battle Video Archive

Introduction

It came to my attention that PC doesn't nearly have enough battle logs for both new and experienced users to look at and learn from, mainly because a lot of work goes into making a battle log, and not every member [myself included] is willing to put in a huge amount of work to make a great log. Battle logs are also fairly long and even when formatted nicely, can bore readers if they don't understand what exactly is going on. That being said, I figure that CBC ought to have some battle videos that users can look at, and unlike battle logs, which constitute threads of their own, I created this archive to serve as a powerful resource for new users and a hub of Battle Video sharing.

How to Submit a Video

Just post in this thread with your video and I'll eventually stop by the thread, watch the submitted videos, if they meet the following criteria, then I'll add them to the original post.

All Submitted Videos should:

-Be of at least decent quality, so that viewers can make out what's going on.

-Display a good amount of competitive knowledge on both sides [in essence, not a battle with two inexperienced battlers, or a powerful battler taking on someone who's new to the game].

Other Notes:

-While not required, it's appreciated if your videos have music, so that viewers can listen to something while watching the battle.

-Videos can be of battles on Wifi, Pokemon Online, Shoddy, Netbattle or any other Pokemon Simultor.

Video List

BW OU

Karpman vs. Vrai

Khreep vs. HotShot

Karpman vs. Conjurer

Khreep vs. Sonodasan

Eleken vs. Silverback

How do I record a battle?

Just download any screen capturing software or use a video camera if you're recording a Wifi battle. To capture my battles, I use Hypercam, which is freeware and really easy to use. If you know of any better screen capturing software to use, then feel free to share.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
This is totally awesome. If you could include a short tutorial on how you record battles that'd be much appreciated (because honestly I'd be fairly tempted to go record battles more if I got off my butt and figured out how but I'm too lazy to do that). :3

Khreep

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
May I post a narrated battle? If the whole point of the video is to help players learn, it would be better to have some sort of explanation involved. The assumption that they are new and need help implies that they can't actually follow what's going on to begin with.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
May I post a narrated battle? If the whole point of the video is to help players learn, it would be better to have some sort of explanation involved. The assumption that they are new and need help implies that they can't actually follow what's going on to begin with.

I think that would be even better than a non-narrated, so long as your voice is clear and easy to hear/understand. XD;

Years

Pretty much what Vrai said, narrated battles are definitely allowed and appreciated here.

Years
Am I seriously the first person to post a video?

These are the numbers for my Global Terminal videos:

25-08496-44342
25-92783-75650

Back