• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
Hey guys, test readzor a story for me? kk thx.

Chapter 2
"Cold, sore, and in a good deal of pain, I limped back into pallet, blood dripping down my every seam, my mind still in shock from the recent events. My body felt heavy, which I could probably atrribute to my limp right arm--it was dead weight, but not like I could just go cutting it off.

I finally set my eyes on my house, but the twenty yards felt more like twenty miles. I trudged and I trudged and I trudged inch after painfully inch. The grass wiped the blood from my wounds, leaving a crimson glisten on the green.

I reached the door and pounded with all my busted, single-arm might. I could hear footsteps from inside. "Mom will be able to help..." I thought.
The door swung open and I could see the shock on her face, and then she noticed my wounds and my Mom got scared she said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel-air!" I begged and pleaded with her, day after day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss, and then she gave me my ticket; I put my walkman on and said 'I might as well kick it!'

First class, yo it was bad--drinking orange juice out of a champagne class, 'is this what the people of bel-air live like? Hmmm. This might be alright.'
I whistled for a cab and when it came near the liscence plate said 'Fr3sh and there was dice in the mirror. If anything I could say this cab is rare but I said 'Now forget it, yo holmes, to bel-air!'
I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby 'Yo holmes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kindgom, I was finally there--to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air!"

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I'm still trying to decide whether you're actually serious or not.

I suppose I'd call an "asexual relationship" an explicitly romantic relationship where the partners nonetheless do not have sex, such as between two romantic asexuals, while "platonic love" would be a very strong variant of the friendship kind of love, with perhaps all the conversational intimacy and mutual devotion of a romantic relationship but not the actual romance part. If that makes any sense.
There you go. That's what I was trying to say.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I whistled for a cab and when it came near the liscence plate said 'Fr3sh and there was dice in the mirror. If anything I could say this cab is rare but I said 'Now forget it, yo holmes, to bel-air!'
I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby 'Yo holmes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kindgom, I was finally there--to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air!"

Every story needs to end like this.

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
Chapter 2
"Cold, sore, and in a good deal of pain, I limped back into pallet, blood dripping down my every seam, my mind still in shock from the recent events. My body felt heavy, which I could probably atrribute to my limp right arm--it was dead weight, but not like I could just go cutting it off.

I finally set my eyes on my house, but the twenty yards felt more like twenty miles. I trudged and I trudged and I trudged inch after painfully inch. The grass wiped the blood from my wounds, leaving a crimson glisten on the green.

I reached the door and pounded with all my busted, single-arm might. I could hear footsteps from inside. "Mom will be able to help..." I thought.
The door swung open and I could see the shock on her face, and then she noticed my wounds and my Mom got scared she said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in bel-air!" I begged and pleaded with her, day after day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss, and then she gave me my ticket; I put my walkman on and said 'I might as well kick it!'

First class, yo it was bad--drinking orange juice out of a champagne class, 'is this what the people of bel-air live like? Hmmm. This might be alright.'
Is this about Gary...? And where's Bel-Air? And why is the cabbie "holmes"?
Thanks.

I suppose I'd call an "asexual relationship" an explicitly romantic relationship where the partners nonetheless do not have sex, such as between two romantic asexuals, while "platonic love" would be a very strong variant of the friendship kind of love, with perhaps all the conversational intimacy and mutual devotion of a romantic relationship but not the actual romance part. If that makes any sense.
Does make sense. I wonder where the word comes from...

txteclipse

The Last
Years

Caliban

Years
Uh, is that genuine or extreme sarcasm?

Semi-sarcasm. Like, I don't know if it is Gary, or why the cabbie is Holmes. And I like the way it rhymes... Was that intentional?

[EDIT:]
Quote originally posted by La Pompa:
Does make sense. I wonder where the word comes from...

It's explained in that Wikipedia article I linked to...let me pull it up again.

Quote originally posted by txteclipse:
However, there is another, archaic definition, as is described in this Wikipedia article.
View original post

Seems it's accredited to Plato, which makes sense.

Quote originally posted by Valentine:
Every story needs to end like this.

Fo' sho'.

Thanks, txteclipse! *reads article*

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Uh, La Pompa, have you by any chance ever watched an episode of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air...?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Chapter 2

You were right. This is something I really need to look in to.

Do you absolutely refuse to write about something? If so, what is it, and what about it makes you uncomfortable?

Any scene where people touch or the scene is seemingly gay. I don't want people to think the characters are having that kind of moment all the time. I still write those, though. My, my, the times have changed. Did you know back in Shakespeare's day, it was common to have a better relationship with your male best friend than with your wife? What would the kids of today say to that?

Back on topic, I refuse to write sex scenes...for now.

oh yeah mom's genes kicked in.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not aware of her age, but many people don't realize that Will Smith was once a rapper. Our generation is old, our experiences dust.

Not the best rapper, sans for Switch and Gettin' Jiggy Wit It. I'm excluding the Fresh Prince theme song, of course.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
Do you absolutely refuse to write about something? If so, what is it, and what about it makes you uncomfortable?
Pregnancy; I don't really know why, but it just really, really bugs the hell out of me. Another thing that makes me rather uncomfortable is sad endings. I don't mind if sad things happen throughout the story, but if you don't tack on a happy ending, I just feel all depressed afterwards and lose motivation to do anything.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
La Pompa said:
No. Never. I'll ask SD and Citrinin, because I don't know/remember it having played in NZ. (At least in the last seven or eight years)
Yes. I believe it's played in Sunday afternoons, now. :s

No - I don't have the Atoner in my fic. :s

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Like whoa.

1) SSS, since when were you a mod?
2) I've never seen the Bel-Air stuff, but I've heard of it.
3) I'm only 14, and I know Will Smith was a rapper.
4) LIKE WHOA.
5) Do you absolutely refuse to write about something? If so, what is it, and what about it makes you uncomfortable?
Romance. Love to read it, hate to write it. Exception (for the reading bit): any book entirely driven by romance, ie nothing else has any effect on the plot (Like those tiny books with the pink covers that they have stacks of at the city library). I like me some good romance in a book, as long as there's other stuff too. There is such a thing as overkill. But I can't write it. I would link you to an example from my first fic, but damn, I'd have to go live in a cave for the rest of my life to escape from the shame.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I wish I could stab some bunnies, but there are coyotes in my neighborhood, so the small fluffy cute animals get nommed on. Or hit by cars. (I almost ran over an opossum twice in one night, and it was already dead!)

And...

Has anyone got an "Atoner" in their fic?

I can easily answer this question with a quote from that TVTrope page.

Digimon Adventure 02, Ken Ichijouji.
Yay for canon characters. (And now off to see what TVTropes has to say about that wonderful epilogue.)

Bay

Years
Haha, love Fresh Prince when I was young. XD

Has anyone got an "Atoner" in their fic?
Jacob from NE. He later realizes his mistakes and is able to persuade Bunny and Jenny in forgiving him (and at the same time request them to do something for him, which they did. :P )

Caliban

Years
Yes. I believe it's played in Sunday afternoons, now. :s

No - I don't have the Atoner in my fic. :s

Ah, kk. I haven't watched any Sunday afternoon TV (excluding Doctor Who) for nigh on four years now. So yeah.

Here's a joke that applies to SD and I: Life.
As in, we don't have. More so for me. Everyone else goes to socials and dances... We stay home and plug ourselves into USB ports.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Ken Ichijouji was to me, in the English dub at least (never seen the original, woot woot), the most terrible Atoner in the history of anime. > .< But yes, I do have a certain Atoner in Metal Coat... he slowly changes over the course of the story, though, and I don't think it becomes obvious until halfway through, but it still happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back