• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I completely agree with that. The concept that people on the internet have matured... I've been looking through the old shipping debates thread and just reading the little confrontations and crazy **** that went down and AK47's noob posts and thinking "Wow, that stuff never happens anymore." That reason is also why my Nightclub in OT failed... it's because no-one really lets loose anymore.

I can attest to the lack of hints, too. CaféMochaShipping... one of ours is that Pikachu didn't shock Dent upon meeting him. Another is that Pikachu sits on Dent's shoulder rather than standing on the sidelines in BW016. Not quite as fun as the hints that used to be thrown in.

Have you brought this up with anyone as a reason for a Shipping sub-forum?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Have you brought this up with anyone as a reason for a Shipping sub-forum?

Not really. I didn't think it be much too apparent since few of the H-staff actually watches Pokemon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Regardless of if they watch Pokémon or not, it is a convincing argument for the implementation of a sub-forum. The least they could do is listen.

Edit: I got bored.
meship.png

meship2.png

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
What are you guys talking about?? Maturity on the internet? Are you sure you've all looked at the right sites? I still see tons of idiocy and ignorance on the internet. Misinformed bunch of imbeciles. Nothing has changed, just that more and more people, including the ones with very very little IQ, have managed to get ahold of devices connected to the internet so they can spew their nonsense for other sheep to hear. I see it everyday. Perhaps not on this Pokemon fansite do we see crazy debates anymore, but I know others like Bulbagarden they're still ready to chop each others' heads off.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
I gotta agree. There's not a lot of unity among shippers anywhere, let alone in this fandom. It's still Ash/girls vs themselves vs the world. Pokeshippers today generally chew up any 'ship that includes Ash or Misty in it, Advanceshippers still deny Contestshipping as plausible (if not where the writers were headed), Pearlshippers get bummed out about Penguinshipping, and Negai/Wishful/CafeMocha haven't had a real chance get to get in the brawl.

*this is also most, not all; there are always exceptions to any situation* The reason you don't got a lot of bickering here is probably the lack of a sub-forum. All the more reason to not have one.

If you 'ship ghei, or Pikashipping, you're more or less reconciled to it not happening (though denial in jest happens enough). If you 'ship crack, same thing. If you 'ship Rocketshipping...all you gotta worry about are the faction you aren't a part of (rare as I've seen them), because KoKo and Tatu aren't exactly rival 'ships. If you were Ash/any other one-sided girl!crush, you don't pose as much a threat as to the traveling companions.

Maturity with a grain of salt, honestly. There's little maturity to be found among the younger generation, which is what this is, as I'd wager most you see today are under 20.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
So now we're talking about maturity on the internet? Hmmm...

Anyway, on-topic...

This is such an awsome Wishfulshipping picture:
Spoiler:

The reson we don't have a shipping sub-forum is because we don't have enough activity in this section. Plus most people here just join for free hacks. Hardly anyone here cares about shippings, other than some of us regulars. Although - A sub-section for the general section would make more sense, we could discuss game and manga ships there also.

Something interesting - we never really ever debate about pokémon shippings just the trainers really... and the whole point about the anime is the pokémon. I would ship Ash's Mijumaru with Dawn's piplup. xD

Also, I asked Kirbychu if I could just a thread of the Banner contest. Just waiting on his reply if he aproves and will sticky it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
The only two Pokemon I would've shipped together in the anime is Ash's Pikachu and Dawn's Piplup, they actually seemed like good friends...or at least it was shown more than the other Pokemon's. Perhaps Ash's Mijimaru and Pikachu, when times goes on to see if they're actually funny together.

What are you guys talking about?? Maturity on the internet? Are you sure you've all looked at the right sites? I still see tons of idiocy and ignorance on the internet. Misinformed bunch of imbeciles. Nothing has changed, just that more and more people, including the ones with very very little IQ, have managed to get ahold of devices connected to the internet so they can spew their nonsense for other sheep to hear. I see it everyday. Perhaps not on this Pokemon fansite do we see crazy debates anymore, but I know others like Bulbagarden they're still ready to chop each others' heads off.

Oh my goodness, I agree 100%, you all have failed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Something interesting - we never really ever debate about pokémon shippings just the trainers really...
I'd prefer if it was a general conversation thread, instead of having to actually debate (which doesn't happen more-so that freetalk does). If there can be only one thread, it should be less specific and more general. Who really wants to debate, anyway? Debating is how the hate starts. *sob*

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years

This is such an awsome Wishfulshipping picture:
Spoiler:

Wishfulshipping is so cute. Something that I can't deny.

As for Pokemon shipping; I'm not much a shipper with Pokemon. PiplupxPikachu is actually pretty funny and cute at the same time.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Not familiar with any of this lingo... its literally like Greek to me.

Oh COME ON! I took the time and effort to create a well-organized and explanatory and newcomer friendly introduction to this thread and the concept of shipping in the first post and this is the feedback I get!? >__>

Wishfulshipping is so cute. Something that I can't deny.

No it's not. Purple and Green mix into a crapish dark color.

I'd prefer if it was a general conversation thread, instead of having to actually debate (which doesn't happen more-so that freetalk does). If there can be only one thread, it should be less specific and more general. Who really wants to debate, anyway? Debating is how the hate starts. *sob*

It is a conversation thread <firstpost>, >__> I just can't bear to officially change the name of this thread. Shipping Debate's been the name and it will forever be regardless of how our mission has changed. Think of it as PC's slogan. Nobody's really working on a better one D:

Something interesting - we never really ever debate about pokémon shippings just the trainers really... and the whole point about the anime is the pokémon. I would ship Ash's Mijumaru with Dawn's piplup. xD

Even with Pokemon, I'm not a fan of homosexual ships >__>

Oh my goodness, I agree 100%, you all have failed.

There's still the point that PokeCommunity is not the same as any other Pokemon forum. We are much more civilized, therefore we bite off the hands from noobs in a second.

And you know what, I just remembered a good topic that's grinded my nerves during debates: Homosexual ships. What IS the reasonability here? And if the ship is supported on the basis of reality, why isn't the fact that Pokemon is not a mature show considered? Yes, I'm looking at you, Smartsies.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Oh COME ON! I took the time and effort to create a well-organized and explanatory and newcomer friendly introduction to this thread and the concept of shipping in the first post and this is the feedback I get!? >__>
*pat* It was very well done. ...Just not very well appreciated.

It is a conversation thread <firstpost>, >__> I just can't bear to officially change the name of this thread. Shipping Debate's been the name and it will forever be regardless of how our mission has changed. Think of it as PC's slogan. Nobody's really working on a better one D:
I'm old. I don't read. Though I like the analogy. =D

There's still the point that PokeCommunity is not the same as any other Pokemon forum. We are much more civilized, therefore we bite off the hands from noobs in a second.

And you know what, I just remembered a good topic that's grinded my nerves during debates: Homosexual ships. What IS the reasonability here? And if the ship is supported on the basis of reality, why isn't the fact that Pokemon is not a mature show considered? Yes, I'm looking at you, Smartsies.
Which explains the biting of said above?

What's reasonable anyway? No one who 'ships a gay couple is expecting it to ever be addressed in-show, or for it to magically happen over the boy/girl possibility. You take the same non-conclusive hints from any couple destined not to get together, and you get the same results, no matter what genders are involved. So why can't they be included in the conjecture? Are we really taking it seriously?

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
What's reasonable anyway? No one who 'ships a gay couple is expecting it to ever be addressed in-show, or for it to magically happen over the boy/girl possibility. You take the same non-conclusive hints from any couple destined not to get together, and you get the same results, no matter what genders are involved. So why can't they be included in the conjecture? Are we really taking it seriously?
What bothers me is the rationality of such shippings. If you're just shipping but without canon expectance, then I can understand the desire to have fun. But what bothers me is EXPECTING something from the canon. It's not rational, it's illogical to expect such things from a children's show.

This is why it's important to read the first post whenever you plan on posting in a thread. :V

Read that sexy guide created by AK47 and you'll be a shipping debater in no time.

Thank you Kirbychu ^__^ If only there was a big sign/announcement to read the first post of the shipping thread before posting. Derrville, feel free to VM me any questions AFTER you've read the first post >__>

Oh, Anastasia is considering approving a graphics contest for us. But we need details. What do we have:

1. Graphics
2. The topic is 'Shipping'

... and that's about it? o__o will you guys be able to handle "Shipping" as the abstract-ish theme of the contest?

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
What bothers me is the rationality of such shippings. If you're just shipping but without canon expectance, then I can understand the desire to have fun. But what bothers me is EXPECTING something from the canon. It's not rational, it's illogical to expect such things from a children's show.
Well, EXPECTING something to happen in canon is more along the lines of the slip-ins, as it were. Palletshipping has the hold from Viridian Gym. Bouldershipping has when Brock was sick. The things that seem ambiguous are what people latch onto. The same little things het 'shippers snag are the same things gay 'shippers snag.

Like, take the episode The Electrike Company. It's late, Brock's making something, and the male CotD walks in in his underthings (instead of his normal clothing). Why? Why the need to dress the character down? Obviously, it's to show Brock's working late into the night, but at the same time, I'm going, "IN THE JUNGLE, THE MIGHTY JUNGLE, THE LION SLEEPS TONIIIIIIIIGHT o/~" in my head, because if that wasn't a kids show--no, actually, if it was ANY other shounen show that took its character development and story seriously, I'd be expecting some kind of encounter that reenforces or kills a possibility.

But it's not, so you take what you get. And those are the little things that slip under the radar. That's what people expect.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Mew~ said:

Which is sad, even for this particular anime that focuses on these monsters, and not the humans who use them (which segues into the N debate). Real shipping debates would happen with anime that do focus on character development and the like. That is not Pokemon.

AdvancedK47 said:
But what bothers me is EXPECTING something from the canon. It's not rational, it's illogical to expect such things from a children's show.

I think society is to blame for that. On other TV shows they see it's okay for straight, gay, and bi relationships to exist, and they think they can apply that to an anime, which is not for the same audience as the other TV shows. I'm sure there's anime now that allow such relationships to exist, right? I'm not one of those anime-holics. But Pokemon doesn't fall into that anime category.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012

This is why it's important to read the first post whenever you plan on posting in a thread. :V

Read that sexy guide created by AK47 and you'll be a shipping debater in no time.
I clicked on the thread from the main forums I guess and actually thought the first post on this page was the first post. Not till I had already posted did I see it was like the 15th page haha Dunno what happened.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
US Will finally know about Negaishipping, they've all been in the dark about it till now wow.
*raises eyebrows* If they're still in the dark about BW, they're either not watching the show anymore, or don't go on the internet. They know it exists (and some curse that it does....being the ones who obvious don't care for 'ships), because the main girl's thrown into the hero's arms EVERY TIME. It's not hard to jump from "new girl" to "well ****, the fans will be jumping on that one <<".

...Besides, it's all about CafeMochashipping. *waves away Negai and Wishful*

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Eh? I like CafeMochashipping too, either way is win for meXD And some people just watch the series on Cartoon Network, so they don't always know about what. Heck I saw some people say wow I wonder what will happen in the next series? So yah not every one does watch it on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back