• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is my signature okay? I feel like I might have to re-size the image or get rid of the text.

It says "the image or video has been deleted", so maybe you typed it incorrectly...? Either way I can't really comment on it until the image itself is fixed, unless the default Photobucket message is the image.

edit: nevermind it displays now, perfectly fine! ...and surprisingly looks nice for MLP. XD

Years
It's still too wide, but it's within the height limits now. Try selecting the stuff that's on the top left and click the center button, and then select the stuff that's on the bottom left and click the center button. That should get it all within the limits.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I just added one measly extra line to my signature. Did I tip it over? D:

Also, does anyone know which themes do the scrollbar thing? I would like to be able to tell if mine is over the limit just by looking. :3 Thanks in advance.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just added one measly extra line to my signature. Did I tip it over? D:

Also, does anyone know which themes do the scrollbar thing? I would like to be able to tell if mine is over the limit just by looking. :3 Thanks in advance.

Yours is about 324px so it's fine!

So far the only confirmed style to have it is vBulletin Default, though I am aware the scroll boxes do display on Stunfisk'd and I haven't really checked others.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I usually check these, but my internet is being dodgy this weekend so I can barely load pages without randomly dcing.

Is my new sign fine? I don't know about gifs either.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Just wanted to make sure if my signature is within the limits, I'm certain it is though ..

Thanks in advance! ^__^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
HOW TO FIGURE OUT IF YOUR SIGNATURE IS WITHIN THE LIMITS WITHOUT HELP FROM THE STAFF!!!!

a. Is there a scroll box appearing? If there is, your signature is too tall and will be disabled if a staff member notices.
b. Is your signature more than 600 pixels wide, excluding text? If it is, your signature is too wide and will be disabled if a staff member notices.
c. Does your signature contain a spoiler? If it does, your signature cannot include a spoiler tag and will be disabled if a staff member notices.
d. Do you have CSS in your signature that uses % width? If you do, your signature cannot use that and will be disabled if a staff member notices.
e. Did you use CSS to make your signature wider than 600 pixels? If so, CSS fall within the 600 pixel rule and will be disabled if a staff member notices.
f. Are any of the images in your signature over 1MB in file size? If so, signatures cannot exceed 1MB and will be disabled if a staff member notices.

If there is no scroll box, your signature is less than 600 pixels wide (excluding text, which can exceed this limit), you are using CSS without a % used for width, your CSS is within the 600 pixels allowed, and the images in your signature is 1MB or less, your signature is within the rules.

The point of simplifying the rules was so that we has a more understanding system that didn't require members to constantly be posting here to ask if their signature was within the limits. The thread was left open for questions/comments/concerns/problems regarding the new rules and to address those. Not if your signature is within the limits, which you can check on your own without relying on a staff member.

Years
The point of simplifying the rules was so that we has a more understanding system that didn't require members to constantly be posting here to ask if their signature was within the limits. The thread was left open for questions/comments/concerns/problems regarding the new rules and to address those. Not if your signature is within the limits, which you can check on your own without relying on a staff member.

The reason people are asking is because the scrollbar doesn't seem to be implemented properly on all styles. For instance, on the same signature that's within the rules, I won't see a scrollbar on vBulletin Default, but I will on several other styles, including Squareline.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Oh yes. I brought that up to the admin's attention, so fingers crossed that they'll fix it by the end of the day/tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back