• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lavender Town- PokeConspiracies and Strange Tales Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years

Lavender Town-Pokeconspiracies and Strange Tales Club

[a id]gs_extra[/a id]So you've arrived...
LavenderTown.png

...Welcome.

So, we know why you're here. You're interested in Pokemon conspiracies, like the Cubone Conspiracy or the mix up between Butterfree and Venomoth. You could also be curious about mysteries within the games themselves, such as BW's "Disappearing Girl" from Marvelous Bridge and the ghosts in the DPPt Old Chateau. Finally, you might be a reader of Creepypastas and other fan-invented legends, like those of Creepy Black, Lost Silver, Glitchy Red, and countless others.

Whatever your interest, we're glad you came...
and we sincerely hope you'll join us.
ghooooooooost.png

[a id]gs_extra[/a id]Rules
Rules...FOLLOW THEM OR ELSE

-Obey all the PC rules
-Don't be a troll. NO ONE LIKES TROLLS...
-Don't spam.
-Respect other people's point of view.
-If you don't like creepy things, JUST DON'T JOIN.
-If you are going to post a spoiler, put it in spoiler tags.
-You must join to post your opinion.
-Feel free to start a topic whenever you want, I'm not the only one who can do that ;D

[a id]gs_extra[/a id]Sign Up Sheet

Name:
Pick a pokemon from the list:
What's your favorite Pokemon creepy topic?:
Do you have a favorite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta?:

Members

Zayphora ---- Missingno(Owner)
The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner/Ralaila---- Innocent Celebi (Co-Owner)
AlexOzzyCake-----Hypno
Droomph----- .4 (Th4ts a gl1tch, n00bs!)
Vato----- Audino
Yellow-----Cofagrigus
Olli97-----GHOST
Hereto-----Gengar
Mentalii------ MissingNo Kabutops Fossil Form
roosterman-----Wobuffet
EQUALSGAMER------Gengar
Drgons90-----Mismagius
Psystar----Eevee
SeekerOfDarkness----'M
NecrumWarrior-----Unown (A)
Mellisaxo------Cubone
Urugamosu----Lampent
Mononoke Hime------Haunter
CJ Blazer------Houndoom
imevil-----Gengar
Squidchan----Absol
Meiza----GHOST Missingno
YamaskUnchained-------Yamask

Partners! And stuff. Pick one.

Audino
Chansey (because of Joy creepypasta)
Any ghost type, including GHOST
Missingno/any other glitch
Celebi
Unown(specify what letter)
Hypno
Raticate(this is creepy because of the Joey Creepypasta)
Cubone
Eevee
Wobuffet
Mew
Uhcakip(That pikachu with a red dot for a face. Look it up)
Gardevoir
Any pokemon with a particularly disturbing dex entry

If there are any that I've forgotten, please, do tell...

Topic(s)

Current Topic-

... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...!
(We seem to be talking about Red...again. :D)

Also, do you think that the origins of creepypastas are creepier than the stories themselves?

CSS Made by The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner/Ralaia
(A big thanks to him! It was a huge help, and I wish you'd come back. We miss you!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake
Pick a pokemon from the list: Hypno *shudders*
What's your favorite creepy topic?: I don't know about favourite, but at the moment I'm most interested in the girl on Marvellous Bridge - does anyone know what that's about? x.x
Do you have a favorite character from a Creepypasta?: Joey-Raticate :(

... That poor poor Ampharos having to fight Joey. ;; Anyway onto a lighter note, does anyone know what the girl on Marvellous Bridge is all about? I mean, I assumed it was a Zorua or something but she never comes back so... who knows o.o I certainly don't for one, so if anyone has an idea it'd be great to hear it x] As for the Cubone Conspiracy, I don't actually know about it D: Anyone want to fill me in? \o/

Zayphora

Years
Alright, welcome to the club AlexOzzyCake! To answer both your questions-

-In one of the "wings" of Marvelous Bridge, there's an old lady NPC who says something along the lines of "Marvelous Bridge is so exciting! I'm taking a rest." After you see the Disappearing Girl, the lady will say something like "Way back before this bridge was built, there was a girl who liked to play with Abra. She was so full of energy..."

One YouTube commenter I saw interpreted that to mean- The old lady used to play with the Abra before the bridge was built, when she was young. After the bridge was built, she gained some sort of mystical power to turn back into her younger self, and so the old lady is the Disappearing Girl. When the girl disappears she is teleporting back to the "wing" and returning to her usual guise.

As for the Cubone Conspiracy, that's the theory that Cubones are actually baby Kangashans of some sort, and that MissingNo was originally meant to be the "Missing Link" between Kangashan and Cubone. Basically how it was meant to work according to the theory was

Baby Kangashan(MissingNo)--------with leveling and some item-Cubone-Marowak
|With normal leveling and female
Kangashan

droomph

weeb
Years
Name: droomph
Pick a Pokémon: ゥ .4
Any topics? I love Missingno because the design (of any glitched Pokémon, really) makes me comfortable for some weird reason.
Creepypasta? Nah, never into those :P

And as for the Marvelous Bridge thing, don't forget the fact that maybe the programmers forgot to finish the script...if it was really meant to be like that, I guess that would be cool and all.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Hello, y'all!
Name: Vato (aka Vato!)
Pick a pokemon from the list: Audino, I feel so bad for those guys and the way they're used as exp fodders :(
What's your favorite creepy topic?: The Cubone Conspiracy :)
Do you have a favorite character from a Creepypasta?: GHOST, of course!

And yes, Missingo shoul be a Legendary!
He will glitch everyone's way to victory! :D

Years
Welcome AlexOzzyCake and Droomph
I know I'm co-owner and everything but I feel the need to sign a form anyway so here goes:

Name: Tuitc
Pick a pokemon from the list: Celebi
What's your favorite creepy topic?: Marvellous Bridge Girl XD had an encounter with her before
Do you have a favorite character from a Creepypasta?:Innocent Celebi and Lavender Town Music/GHOST​

Answering your Q Ozzy this is what happened to me: I was Biking on Marvellous Bridge normal right? WRONG! I had Zoroark somewhere in my party to level up biked past the girl and she vanished. She was standing beside a guy when that happened so she's gone and here is his response: "Wha..What just happened?" or something like that! Then this is what popped in my head: Well I have a zoroark in my party so I thought well woman must have been a Zoroark so that was my theory! Untill Zayphora told me otherwise XD!

EDIT:
You know I think MissingNo should be legendary :3 XD

Welcome Vato! :) XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Awww yeah. I want in on this.

Name: Yellow or Marin

Pick a pokemon from the list: ...Cofagrigus

What's your favorite creepy topic?: I am a fan of canon creepy-pasta. That is to say, I love all the dark, creepy, and even horrifying parts of Pokemon that are either implied or directly stated but perhaps not all that well known. My inner knowledge of Pokemon lore occasionally ruins creepypastas for me, such as the white hand. ...Please, ask me why I chose Cofagrigus~

Do you have a favorite character from a Creepypasta?: Nnnope. I honestly haven't read many of them.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I have no idea why it never came across my mind for such a club to exist. I'm a huge fan of creepypasta's, so definitely gonna join this.

Name: Olli97
Pick a pokemon from the list: I can't really think of anything, so I'd have to say GHOST, since it's the one I can relate to the most.
What's your favorite creepy topic?: Though it isn't really as creepy if you compare it to some other creepypastas, and isn't really creepy at all if you've already read it a few times, I was incredibly creeped out the first time I read Come, Follow Me. Most of the story wasn't even creepypasta at all, however when the end came, I was for some reason really scared. It feels like it was really improvised though, as it was pretty realistic through most of it untill the end came, but I don't really mind, as it was entertaining to read.
Do you have a favorite character from a Creepypasta?: Nope, not really.

Zayphora said:
As for the Cubone Conspiracy, that's the theory that Cubones are actually baby Kangashans of some sort, and that MissingNo was originally meant to be the "Missing Link" between Kangashan and Cubone. Basically how it was meant to work according to the theory was

Baby Kangashan(MissingNo)--------with leveling and some item-Cubone-Marowak
|With normal leveling and female
Kangashan
I think the Cubone's were actually supposed to be baby Kangaskhans, where the skull on its head would be the mother's. I don't think Marowak was actually supposed to be part of the line, but was put in at the last minute to cover up the whole GHOST thing in Lavender Town, which I think was initially supposed to be between Cubone and Kangaskhan, but was changed due to how morbid it was to have the Cubone wearing the skull of its dead mother. That was probably also the birth of MissingNo, yeah.

As for whether MissingNo should be a legendary, I'd have to say no. It's already made itself a bit of a legend, but only as a glitch Pokémon. It would really make sense for it to be made an official legendary either, as it wouldn't be able to get a decent backstory or anything without changing its origin, killing like everything it's come to be known for.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
As for whether MissingNo should be a legendary, I'd have to say no. It's already made itself a bit of a legend, but only as a glitch Pokémon. It would really make sense for it to be made an official legendary either, as it wouldn't be able to get a decent backstory or anything without changing its origin, killing like everything it's come to be known for.

I agree with this completely x3 It would be cool for MissingNo to be a legendary, but it just wouldn't work based on everything surrounding the 'Pokémon' D:

Graphic details - don't read if easily offended! <3
Spoiler:

Zayphora

Years
^I'm not sure the version I read of the Youngster Joey creepypasta was THAT gory....xP

Lol, tbh it's not like MissingNo will ever be anything but the infamous glitch...as Game Freak has acknowledged that it was just a glitch...:( *insert Forever Alone face---wait, nvmd, MissingNo has a girlfriend xD* but it would certainly be epic....

I'm assuming no one recognized the guy in my sig...:P

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
There are more than one creepypasta about Joey and his Ratata, because Alex forced me to read it today, and it wasn't the same that I read a while back. I don't really remember much of the other one, though I know that this one is much more creepy than the one I read back then. But yeah, pretty graphic, and just the mental images it creates :(

On the topic of MissingNo, yeah, it won't ever be anything else officially. But still, it's a part of the Pokémon history, and most people who were into Pokémon back in the old days most likely know about it, and knowledge has just carried on through the generation. Most of the kids of the DS era probably haven't heard about it though :/

Zayphora

Years
Lol, ^I'm one of those kids...but one day these high school seniors were at my school for this photography thing, and this one girl's camera broke. The disk thingy was all corrupted, and so this senior guy was like "Looks like someone caught MissingNo" and his friend laughed, and everyone else was like, "lolwhut?"...well actually just me, and so when I got home I looked it up, and...suddenly...EPIC.

And that, my friends, was a long winded n00b explanation.

Anyway, TSUITC filled out a sign up so I guess I will too...

Name- Zayphora
Pokemon- MISSINGNO <3 like a baws!
Favorite topic- I like Creepy Black and Lost Silver, along with a few unanswered in-game creepy stuff, like whatever did happen to Cyrus, anyway? And then the whole thing with Giovanni and the waterfall.
Favorite character- KCALB OMG KCALB<3

Dawn

Years
Back in my day, MissingNo. /was/ a legend! We talked about it alongside the Mew under the truck and the special super rare Pokemon Green!

...I have no idea what day that was, but yeah. o-o MissingNo. actually fits the only real requirement to be a legendary, namely having unique quirks no other Pokemon has. (If you think about it, being unique / unbreedable / one of a kind have all been broken before among legendaries, so that really is the only real consistency.)

And what is the legendary status but our perception of a Pokemon? If you ask me, MissingNo. is already a legendary, even if Nintendo doesn't officially acknowledge it. That being said, Olli97 makes a great point. Would you ever want to have it any other way? ;3

On a personal note, has anyone ever considered the implications of the Yamask -> Cofagrigus line? And I mean really taken it to heart and gave it some thought?

A brief quote:
Yamask said:
Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

Cofagrigus said:
It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Please consider that both Pokemon have the ability "Mummy", which changes the ability of Pokemon that physically attack them into Mummy when reading Cofagrigus pokedex entry.

Yamask's history applies to Cofagrigus as well.

Conclusion: Cofagrigus are fully sentient, undead humans that /eat/ other humans whole and alive and lay eggs that hatch into humans that have been turned into Yamask (see: turned into mummies).

...They're like coffin-shaped, horrifyingly lethal /Yoshis/... combined with /zombies/! I don't know. I find that absolutely terrifying as a concept. o_o

Zayphora

Years
^Wow, I've heard stuff about Cofagrigus, but you really went into depth about it...You must really like Cofagrigus!

Tbh, the Dex has a lot of weirdness and creepy stuff. For example- Shedinja aparrently has a hole in its back that sucks in your soul if you look at it. However, if you use it in battle, guess what. The hole is pointed at you. And what about Spoink dying if it stops bouncing, and Banette being a voodoo doll or something that someone threw away, and Duskinor getting voices in his head FROM THE FREAKING SPIRIT WORLD that tell him to kidnap people? This stuff all needs a mention looool.

There's a really good tvtropes about all the creepy 'unintentional' things in Pokemon like that. Because when ya think about it, Pokemon's got plenty of creepy things in it for a kids game...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/Pokemon
^Right here, if ya wanna look at it...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Name: Hereto
Pick a pokemon from the list: Gengar, who else?
What's your favorite creepy topic?: Child horror stories.
Do you have a favorite character from a Creepypasta?: The creepy Link thing from OoC

Dawn

Years
@Zayphora: I'm into canon creepypasta in general really. The notion that it's completely possible in the series thrills me.

Banette's a good one!~ The creepiest part of it is that it is apparently hunting down those who abandoned it. Little girls that toss your dolls away beware.

I like the ghastly line better though. Apparently, there's a hidden effect to the attack 'lick' that isn't necessarily expressed in battle. You see, ghastly and it's evolutions eat souls, but they don't drain them. When they use lick on people, or Pokemon for that matter? They're actually licking that person's /soul/ like it's a freaking ice cream cone.

...What a way to go, eh?

While I'm at it, did you know that Pokemon have immortal souls? They reincarnate upon death... except for when a ghost pokemon gets ahold of them. If a soul is eaten/destroyed/whatever, they are truly gone. That makes ghost pokemon the masters of death of the pokemon world. The grim reapers, if you will.

Speaking of awful things regarding non ghost pokemon. /Apparently/ Jigglypuff have the brain of a brick. It's apparently not all that rare for the jigglypuff species to forget to breath whilst singing and accidentally their life.

Yeah...

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Yellow, the Jigglypuff part gave me goosebumps! :(
Which is weird, I don't get scared that easily, or with anything regarding Pokemon, for that matter. Well, not anything it seems.
Has someone seen that in Pokemon B2W2 in the Stranger's House (yes, there's a place called like that) there's a girl (A GHOST! :O ) that gives you the lunar wing because it didn't save her, and thus, she doesn't need it anymore...

Yeah.

What are your thoughts on this, could this be the ghost of a girl that somehow died in her sleep because of Darkrai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back