• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen Did you get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow?

Did you get rid of it?

• Yes, I did!

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • No, I didn't.

Votes: 166 80.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yeah, just like the thread title says, did you get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow version? Which was a gift from Prof. Oak. Did you get rid of it because it was not really good or you trained it and it is in your team?

Personally, I did not get rid of it and its in my team because I always have a special feeling with the starters.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I never get rid of my starters and Pikachu was included. The biggest part of Yellow Version was Pikachu's "follow me" feature too, which was another reason! It does kind of suck how you can't evolve it, but I never had a problem beating the game with it.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I kept the Pikachu. I always keep my starter no matter what, and that Pikachu wasn't an exception. To me, ditching Pokemon I trained for such a long time seems cruel and a waste. Oh, and I always develop bonds with the Pokemon I train, especially my starters.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I remember during one of my run through's of Yellow that I got rid of Pikachu because the Nidoran I was training at the time was simply so much better. But then half way through I regretted it and brought him back in. Since then I guess I've never replaced him. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I kept it because i really never abandon my starter.Also its the only pokemon that had the 'follow me' feature so it also made me keep it.

On a side note:Yay for 300th post!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
As much as I don't like Pikachu, I never got rid of it in my party because I never get rid of my starter Pokemon during in game playing. I also kept it because I liked the idea that Pikachu followed me and I found that to be cute.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
I didn't and i noticed with trading if you get another pikachu that one will follow you too. But only one at a time.

Years
I kept it around until I was able to get Zapdos, and then it just sat in the box after that. Even back then I didn't much care for Electric-types, so I saw no use keeping two on my team, when Zapdos was clearly stronger.

Years
Oh, absolutely not. I've only ever had one serious playthrough of Yellow, and in it I had the baddest-ass and most clichéd team possible. (for some reason I deleted it, started again, and never finished. :( )
If I were to play through it again today, I'd still use the Pikachu. That's literally all Yellow has going for it, otherwise. :P

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I remember during one of my run through's of Yellow that I got rid of Pikachu because the Nidoran I was training at the time was simply so much better.

I approve of this message.

But seriously, I didn't even know it was an option. However, for me, Yellow was the pretend to be Ash game, and like a few other people here, I mimicked his team that he had at the time (AND the moves, which were usually all weak attacks). Let's just say it wasn't a very efficient team.

I always liked how you could see his moods. I've read a newer Pokemon game lets Pokemon follow you outside the ball, but does it let you see their moods? Or is that simply too many sprites they'd have to create?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
HG/SS let you see the mood of the pokémon with a text baloon popping up above their heads showing their expression (like a heart, or a happy/sad face) and in the text box on the bottom of the screen it tells you more about the Pokémon (action or expression).

But anyways, I didn't deposit Pikachu, or at least not for very long. Whenever I put it back into my team, it was annoyed/angry with me and that made me feel very bad. :<

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
yes i did get rid of my pikachu reason : it was WEAK O-0 and i hate weak pokemons O_O

Back