• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen Did you get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow?

Did you get rid of it?

• Yes, I did!

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • No, I didn't.

Votes: 166 80.2%

• Total voters

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Sure he's weak but here's quote many of you might love
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." Karen of Johto's Elite Four
I never forget this when I play, I don't go all crazy even though I am sort of a competitive battler, when I had Pikachu (which I still did use all of Yellow 2 times) I still destroyed everyone using mostly Pikachu. He was so cute and whether you like it or not, strong.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, Pika(kitten) for a reason

Years
I traded it to Blue and evolved to Raichu and traded back to yellow, I hated the fact I couldn't evolve that pikachu :B

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
I never liked Pikachu so I just stuffed him into my PC Box! Never to be seen or loved ever again! :laugh:

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
How could I have boxed that cute little electric mouse? It was just so fun to have it follow you everywhere, and despite it being weaker than my incredible Nidoqueen, it was still my second most used. Now that I think of it, I'd love a Yellow remake so much!

Years
I kept Pikachu always in my team.
The only thing I never understood, was why it never wanted to evolve to a Raichu...

That last thing was a bigdissapointment.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
I never got rid of him. I would always trade him to my red or blue, evolve him, and trade him back to Yellow. He doesn't follow you at that point though.

Years
Of course I kept him!! It was the only Pokemon that I would keep as a part of my party that was intentionally unevolved. I thought he added a certain flare and the little pictures when you talked to him were just so adorable!! *o*

Mr. Magius

  
Years
For me, Yellow was an excuse to use Pikachu as it would be as if I was simply playing Red or Blue without all the extra Pika-features! Pikachu was actually good addition to my team because it was one of the most decent Electric-types available throughout the game. Plus, I don't really give a damn how technically strong a Pokémon is.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I don't, I just use him and the three starters and although I don't like Blastoise/Charizard, I think they're fun to use in the first generation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I got curious when I was younger and tried to get rid of Pikachu in Yellow two different ways. One being to release it via PC Box, and two, using a Thunder Stone to evolve into Raichu. Neither attempts worked. I think Game Freak programmed the game so that it is impossible (without hacking) to throw out Pikachu.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I loved Pikachu in that game. Having it follow me around was cool, and I also thought it gained a special boost in yellow for some reason. Anyway, Pikachu was a must for me in that game, and I intend to keep him if I ever play through Yellow again.

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
Nope, it was my excuse to be Ash. After that first run through yeah, he might have magically vanished the moment I got Jolteon or something else evolved, but he was the reason I got the game in the first place...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Nah, just let it sit in the box, like ThatIceman said, it was weak.

@ThatIceMan and KarosNB: Wow, you don't like Pokemon. :p Your just like Silver (game) from HG,SS,S,G,C you only want to win and that's all. So, It's weak, for you, but he was the reason I had the 6th badge (Sabrina). Sabrina completely KO'ed my team when I was in the middle of Yellow, Venusaur,Charizard,Watortle and guess who KO'ed her? Pikachu, so no, I didn't release or put him in PC. You can put him in PC, but calling him weak? (Magikarp may be weak at first, but when he evolves, you'll regret what you said.)

@EVERYONE (Not everyone but some): Haha, guys. That's a game, so It's basically Red not Ash :P. But something interesting in Yellow is that you CAN be Ash, catch his Pokemons and all. Something good in Yellow too is that they put Jesse and James.

Last edited:

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
BLASPHEMY! How dare anyone who had Yellow think about getting rid of Pikachu?!

Back