• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help! I'm being coerced into uncomfortable situations!

Years
I say this because I'm a pretty shy person, and meeting new people makes me anxious. Hi, everyone, I'm Zeroaria--call me Zero if you'd like. I like shutting myself up in my room and then complaining about my lack of human interactions. Also, I play Pokémon a bunch and tend to never stop awkwardly running my mouth, as evidenced by my current textual equivalent to me speaking.

I'll stop now. o.o

Years
Aww don't worry about your shyness, PC is a very friendly place. So yeah, welcome aboard Zero!

I know that thanks to my experience here so far some people are nervous upon their first post here but we will make sure you'll fit in with the community very well. I was once shy and nervous just like you and now I'm an active member who's made so many friends here. And Pokemon sure is an amazing fandom to be part of, I've been playing the games for 10 years now but been part of the fanbase for 15 years. Do you have a fave generation or fave Pokemon? My fave Pokemon (as indicated by my Tumblr URL name) is Oshawott, but I generally love a lot of cute Pokemon.

Anyways, I do look forward to getting to know you so if you ever need to chat I'm always open for a visitor message or even a friend request if you like. Also, don't hesitate to ask any staff members in blue, orange or red if you have questions because part of their job is in fact helping the members after all. Have fun and enjoy your time here at PC!

- Hikari

Years
Thank you for the warm and swift reception. <3 I can't say I have a favorite single Pokémon, but I've got one or two favorites from each Gen, so maybe when it's not 5 a.m. I can be bothered to list them. :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Howdy do, buckaroo! PC is indeed a really nice place; we all get shy at first, but don't worry, you'll warm up to everyone eventually! Thanks for coming aboard, and welcome to PC, Zero! <3

How about Pokémon games; what pokemon games do you regularly like to play? Cause I think Pokémon Emerald always rocks, and Pokémon HeartGold is a personal favourite of mine! I do like how everything in those games band together. Of course, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are really cool games! Are you playing them right now? If not, then I'd definitely recommend them; they're really solid games in the series. Ah, and feel free to make yourself at home with all boards goin' on around here, mmkay? And I hope that some boards around here catch your eye. :3

Annnd enjoy your stay! Do let us know if you need any assistance around the forums, and I look forward on seeing you around sometimes! If you ever need a PC buddy, feel free to sign me up, cause I'd looove too! <33

Years
Hah, well, you've posted your intro and that's all that matters - welcome, Zero! :D Props for making the thread; I'm usually too shy to post introductions so getting that far is good on its own. Small steps forward are important.

We're all very big Pokemon fans here so anyone who adores it as much as us will fit in just fine. What game are you playing right now? Aaand it's very much past 5AM now so why not list some of your favorite Pokemon now, yeah?! We love getting to know people here so it's recommended. Would help see what we all have in common and make friends as well. :) I'm personally hugely into grass, electric, and ghost types, with some of my favorites being Whimsicott, Mareep's line, Cinccino, and others. Your turn!

From the looks of things you'll settle in perfectly so no worries in that regard. If you're ever looking for someone to talk to then definitely send me a friend request as I'm more than happy to babble on end about pretty much anything, especially Pokemon. Happy to have more PokeCommunity friends! See you around, Zero!

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Yo, 0!
Don't worry, most of the people here are nice and i say "most" because i never spoke with the whole community! Just be yourself, and lemme tell ya a secret...Im shy too :-)

Years
You guys are so sweet! Well, I don't know if I have a favorite game in the series, per se. I started with good ol' Blue Version, and then skipped gen 2 because I never had the money for those games. Then I picked up again with Sapphire, followed by LeafGreen, Platinum, both HeartGold and SoulSilver (HeartGold was stolen, SoulSilver is lost. Really sad stuff), Black, and now Y Version.

I'd say the new games are my favorite, just because of the fact that playing them reinstated that sense of awe I got when I first played Blue. There was so much detail, and the new 3-D models and moves all look so good that it's hard for me to go back and play the older ones!

And since everyone's oh-so-curious, my favorite types are Fairy, Grass, and Ice. I guess my list would be as follows:
Gen I - Articuno, Venomoth, Dragonair
Gen II - Sneasel, Meganium, Jumpluff
Gen III - Banette, Shedinja, Cradily
Gen IV - Glaceon, Roserade, Vespiquen
Gen V - Cofagrigus, Lilligant, Chandelure
Gen VI - Delphox, Dragalge, Florges

Out of all those, my top 3 would probably Glaceon, Banette, and Roserade. But anything past that, good luck getting me to order. :P

Last edited:
Back