• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Alright, I has a little question for all you script junkies. Is there a movement command that makes the player jump back while looking up? And if so, what is it?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014

are you maybe having a shiny Riolu, and so you are testing it's shiny backsprite or not?

if you have a shiny Riolu, you can just simply write to the ROM it's palletes.
if not, then the front sprite should have automatically wrote it's true palletes...

what happened?
i's a Poochyena, but why does it has Growlithe's front sprite?
did you changed Poochyena's sprite to Growlithes?
if so, then have you correctly switched/inserted Growlithe's correct palletes?

hm... you said all other PKMN are like those.
what did you do with your ROM?
Not Only Growlithe
Every Pokemon i use
if you want to see the rom i'll give it to you

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Alright, I has a little question for all you script junkies. Is there a movement command that makes the player jump back while looking up? And if so, what is it?

ya mean like Prof. Elm's movement after you gave him the PKMN EGG in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal, right?

well, I dunno. :\

Not Only Growlithe
Every Pokemon i use
if you want to see the rom i'll give it to you

er, no thanks~
but try once again with a clean ROM.

are there any hacking tools for mystery dungeon?

yah, there is. sebbe, or Gabe_c has some PMD hacking tools located in the Toolbox section.

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
Hi, I'm not totally sure if this is a 'simple question', but when I was using a custom tileset (Kyledove's DS Gen-esque tileset) for FireRed I had loads of problems with it, and I've fixed all of them except one.

On the custom houses, when opening the door, it glitches the tiles of the house to the left and right of the door and makes them look like a door animation on the glitched tiles, one frame of the door animation per tile.

Walking out of house
glitch1.png

Outside of house
Pokemon-RainfallAdventures-1.png

It makes the line of tiles to the left and right of the door messed up. I talked with a friend about it and he suggested something about editing the animation manually, but he hasn't been online to explain that. I really need an explanation and a way to fix it, because there's no way I can release a hack with this...

Years
Whenever I battle someone and the Poké Balls appear, I get this error:
error-2.jpg

Instead of leaving a black trail, they leave a trail like this.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Spoiler:

I'm having the same problem, so I can't help on that. xD

Here's a question that is MUCH more simple than the questions I have been asking around here.

If someone lets me use a map of theirs from the map rating thread, how exactly do I use it if its just an image?

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
I'm having the same problem, so I can't help on that. xD

Here's a question that is MUCH more simple than the questions I have been asking around here.

If someone lets me use a map of theirs from the map rating thread, how exactly do I use it if its just an image?

You'd look at it and copy it. Oh, and thanks for getting my hopes up when I saw someone had replied, then crashing my hopes down. -_-

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
You'd look at it and copy it. Oh, and thanks for getting my hopes up when I saw someone had replied, then crashing my hopes down. -_-

I think you have to edit the tiles. I don't know exactly how, I have to find the offsets and stuff. Look at thethethethe's tutorial on grass animation it might explain a little bit more on editing animations like flowers, doors, etc.

Sorry if I upped your hopes up again lol.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2009
just wondering

how long does it usually take to get an answer in these forums just wondering what to expect not trying to rush anything :)

Years
It depends on your question. If a lot of people know it's usually quick but if it's advanced you may have to wait a while.

Now how I keep a sprite hidden from a level script after it's occured? I can't remember how and I can find the Tut.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
0x47 I think.

Hi, I'm not totally sure if this is a 'simple question', but when I was using a custom tileset (Kyledove's DS Gen-esque tileset) for FireRed I had loads of problems with it, and I've fixed all of them except one.

On the custom houses, when opening the door, it glitches the tiles of the house to the left and right of the door and makes them look like a door animation on the glitched tiles, one frame of the door animation per tile.

Walking out of house
glitch1.png

Outside of house
Pokemon-RainfallAdventures-1.png

It makes the line of tiles to the left and right of the door messed up. I talked with a friend about it and he suggested something about editing the animation manually, but he hasn't been online to explain that. I really need an explanation and a way to fix it, because there's no way I can release a hack with this...
Using the last 12 8x8 blocks in a tileset will give you the above result. You need to move those tiles elsewhere in the tileset.

It depends on your question. If a lot of people know it's usually quick but if it's advanced you may have to wait a while.

Now how I keep a sprite hidden from a level script after it's occured? I can't remember how and I can find the Tut.
You need to set the Person ID of the sprite to a flag that is set in that level script.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
are there any tilesets that are like free lke people wont mind if i use it cause i really dont like the emerald layout(mostley trees)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
am i allowed to post storylines for our games to see if people like it before i make a new thred for my game?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

I'm not a junkie. :( I just need to script every day, otherwise I have withdrawal. :\

Anyway...

0x47 = Jump Facing Down (Up)

That's what you want, I think.

EDIT: This is for FireRed by the way.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Sorry if I upped your hopes up again lol.

that's not funny at any viewpoint whatsoever.

can you upload the tileset you are using?
probably, you inserted new tiles on the bottom part of the tileset.
usually, the bottom part of the tilesets are used by animations, such as doors and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back