• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I just saw on serebii that "Nintendo is due to have a special Pokémon X & Y Presentation/Q&A at one of the roundtables following their Nintendo Direct presentation This presentation is to run on June 11th at 6pm Pacific time within the E3 halls and will last 90 minutes" !
So, we will have a lot of stuff to discuss after June 11th! :D

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yay! Hopefully it will be a lot, maybe the new type? Also the 11th is very close to Corocoro's release so maybe some of the info from the presentation will be in it?

Years
I'm assuming there will be a demo available at E3. Will be nice to see some of the basic gameplay and user interface stuff.
I hope so. If they do show a Demo we can find out who the Proffessor and the Rival are at least as those are early things one is likely to see in a Demo. Speaking of Demo's does anyone think they'll release a Demo in Eshop like they've done with the spin offs and non Pokemon titles?

Years
After June we have July which is when the Genesect movie is coming out which could maybe include a new (or several new) Pokemon shown in the preview for the next movie like what happened with Victini. Also we may get Sylveon's type by then if not this upcoming month. So this Summer is looking like it'll be big in News after all.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I hope so. If they do show a Demo we can find out who the Proffessor and the Rival are at least as those are early things one is likely to see in a Demo. Speaking of Demo's does anyone think they'll release a Demo in Eshop like they've done with the spin offs and non Pokemon titles?
I sure hope so. Mystery Dungeon got a demo, so having a demo to the completion of the first Gym would be nice. Then purchasers can pick up their game from there once it comes out officially. Kind of like a head start.

The thing is, would the data be transferred to the actual game card? This is unknown. These types of games don't usually get eShopped. Then there will be those spending eons of time leveling up in the days before release and then tear through the game like a hot knife through butter. They won't do a demo, I think, unless it's maybe a week before.

Cyclone

SeanFX

Gear Second
Years
I'm kind of hoping for more multiplayer features, such as being able to travel with a friend or something.

Years
Well no main game has been made for the 3Ds until now so of course there's none xD. However they did one for the spin offs.
Also for the leveling, most Pokemon are level 2-3 in the early routes and if Gen 5's exp curve is still kept one will eventually gain 1 exp per fallen Pokémon...that be annoying and boring, so I don't think it'll be highly possible to break the main game with a demo. If they do one I'm guessing it'll be like a month before, I've seen many come around that time frame in comparison to the full version.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm kind of hoping for more multiplayer features, such as being able to travel with a friend or something.
I'd love to visit a friend's game and have double battles in the wild. Not necessarily trainer battles, mind. Being able to battle a Trainer in their game once a day however would be awesome.

Which reminds me, I want rematch features still.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't see any sort of co-op being viable. I mean, if it were to happen there would have to be scaling to levels so someone that has already completed their game could just make it ridiculously easy for someone just starting, as they could just destroy everything. Plus it'd have to keep everything synced, which the handhelds haven't really had much experience with for anything outside of battles. I mean it's possible, but it kind of seems like more hassle than it'd be worth.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Over Wifi, I'd likely agree. It's more for when in the same area, like with the Entralink, since you can visit their world there.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
For those who are interested in watching or keeping up with the on goings of this year's E3, Nintendo does have a specially scheduled Pokémon X and Y presentation / Q&A that will be held at 6PM Pacific Time on June 11th that should last about 90 minutes long. So if you're interested, make sure and keep note of that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
Aerilyn said:
For those who are interested in watching or keeping up with the on goings of this year's E3, Nintendo does have a specially scheduled Pokémon X and Y presentation / Q&A that will be held at 6PM Pacific Time on June 11th that should last about 90 minutes long. So if you're interested, make sure and keep note of that.

that would make it... 4 pm Central? Of course only a bit of that hour and a half time slot is actually for X and Y. I'm not sure I like all of the new mechanics in it. Camera differences, major graphic changes which were kind of expected, but still. I saw something about being able to walk in any direction and definitely diagonally. Hopefully you could switch that off. I don't want X and Y to feel completely separate from the previous gens.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back