• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Gym Leaders!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
0b6452c206367cc8ab9136c443f88bdd5ee63f88_hq.jpg

Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Koga, Erika, Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovanni are the gym leaders encountered in Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Who is your favorite?

I've always liked Blaine the best, due to me loving fire types, but Sabrina is a close second!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Erika gets my vote. ^^ She's also my favourite Gym Leader in General. Grass pokemon could be quite great from Gen 1, with their mixture of power-type moves like Sleep Powder, and they weren't too, too bad offensively. Erika back then liked to use Pedal Dance with her Gloom, which would of done great deal of damage, if I hadn't had Charmeleon and Ivysaur of course, ohoho.

Misty is a second, with a cute Mermaid-esque theme. Starmie was quite tough without the proper training, so it was good that the game kept you on your toes and helped you to remember to take advantage of type advantages.

Years
My favorite is misty, water is my favorite type so it was nice to see a water gym leader that early. She also has a pokemon that combines my two favorite types, Water and Psychic (Starmie).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
All the Kanto gym leaders look so grim somehow. Even with Erika and Misty in the bunch. Well, maybe not grim, but serious.

Misty has always been my fav, ever since I bought my first TCG deck that was the Misty deck <3

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
Years
  • Age 34
  • NJ
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I always lied Misty most. just wish she had more pokemon on her team when you battle her

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Misty and Sabrina all the way. Both win for their anime portrayals, and the latter just happens to be cool and badass, in general. I also really love Water and Psychic types.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
The original Sabrina is one of my top favorites of all time, but I also really like Erika because we share the same favorite type and i always liked that she had an appreciation for traditional Japanese culture

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
My favourite Kanto Leader is of course Erika. She uses Pokemon of my favourite type Grass and has a serene personality, elegant design and an odd character quirk of falling asleep.

Her main Pokemon is Vileplume. One of my favourite Grass Types that I have used extensively in my Monotypes.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Sabrina is my favourite gym leader in the entirety of the Pokémon world, not just Kanto. I'm still not quite sure if I like her because she uses my favourite type(not to mention my namesake), or if it became my favourite type because I liked Sabrina so much.

Years
I'm a massive Misty fan, but I'm only turned that way namely due to Water types being my favourite type of Pokémon. But her role in the Anime kind of of drew me to her and she's the only one of the followers that Ash should of been with really but that's shipping and completely different aha. But if not Misty than Koga as he's a Ninja and Ninjas are always awesome!

Nelsy

Guest123123

In order from favorite to least favorite:
1. Sabrina
2. Erika
3. Blaine
4. Giovanni
5. Koga
6. Misty
7. Brock
8. Lt. Surge

I like everything about Sabrina. Psychic is one of my favorite types, her outfit is awesome, and she has beautiful hair.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I'd probably say Sabrina is my favourite of all the Kanto leaders but, for me at least, they have a great bunch to choose from. Brock, Misty, Koga, Blaine and Giovanni are all amazing too. Add Surge in too because of him namedropping the Great Pokémon War etc.

Sabrina really creeped me out in the anime when I was a kid. When Brock and Misty were turned to dolls along with her parents in the doll house I was freaking! She is a master of what is probably my favourite type. Her role in the manga is absolutely awesome too - TEAM FREAKING ROCKET?! A more personal reason is that when I was a kid my dad bought me and my little brother a starter deck of Pokémon cards each and since I am was an idiot
I chose the Surge deck. My brother ended up having tonnes of cool cards that I was immediately jealous of, haha.​

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Due to the episodes that Showcase her in the Anime Sabrina takes the cake here! But had I not watched the anime I probably would have liked Misty the best :3

Back