• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Where do I put in my petition for Tatiana Matlany as Best Actress in a Drama Series for the Emmys?

Do any of you guys watch Orphan Black? Have any of you guys even heard of it? Perfect show. Perfect. After hearing so much buzz online about it, I finally took the bullet and decided to watch it. Now I'm full on obsessed and can't get enough. Tatiana Matlany is probably the most talented and hard working actress on television today.

Wait, let me rephrase that; Tatiana Matlany IS the most talented and hard working actress on television today. I was so happy for her when she beat out a lot of big name actresses at the Critics Choice Television Award last week. The number of people in the crowd who appeared confused and was wondering who even was this woman was priceless!

I freaking love you for loving Maslany, m8. I was rooting for her to win at the CCTAs, and I'm gonna root for her again at the TCA Awards. She's given one of the most exciting performances on Orphan Black of the past TV season, playing so many different characters with genuine aplomb. The show itself is pretty great for what it is. I don't know if she'll get the Emmy nomination she deserves since Orphan Black is a genre show, but if she does, I know she's my pick for an Emmy win.

I'm on the fence about Yeezus. It's definitely experimental and out there, definitely one of edgier albums to date, but... I'm just not connecting with most of the songs. I love New Slaves, Blood On The Leaves and Hold My Liquor but aside from those, this isn't an album I think I'll be listening to a year from now. I feel like the whole point of the album was to smash me over the head with a bottle of vodka and shock me, but I'm just not feeling it at this point of time. Though, regardless of all this, this is a valiant effort by Yeezy, considering he would have done all of this while Kim K was pregnant and what not.

Understandable. He really threw out all the previous styles he carried that was soulful and grandiose, and from what I'm seeing on the Internet, the reception towards this change in style is pretty polarising. I applaud Kanye for trying something new and out there, and I think Yeezus is a fine addition to his already great discography, but after a couple more listens, I don't think I like it as much as his earlier stuff. Maybe it will grow on me (like 808s did), so I don't know.

My favourite tracks were Blood on the Leaves and Bound 2. Fantastic sampling and dat throwback in the latter track.

EDIT: OH GOD GRIMES in your sig :3

Speaking of Yeezus, the track Black Skinhead is featured in this trailer for Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street.

Thoughts? I'm pretty pumped to see a Scorsese-directed, Terence Winter-written comedy.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I will watch and love anything Leonardo is in <3 So excited to see this, oh my goddddddd
Though the trailer didn't really make clear what the story is about, lol.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I thought I was going to hate the Wolf of Wall Street trailer based on the premise, but the fact that it's a sort-of comedy has really perked my interest again. Based on Scorsese's recent track record, I imagine the film will end up being worse than the trailer... but still, what a trailer!

And put me on the Maslany love train. I had issues with Orphan Black as a show, but her performance was just dy-no-mite! She's a longshot for Emmy recognition but she definitely deserves it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If The Age of Innocence and Hugo are any example, this won't be that bad of a Scorsese film, but then again, all the trailer reminds me of is The Hangover and I can't with that entire series. I'm sure that this is not similar to that whatsoever, but I get nothing different from any of that trailer, especially 1:30 and on.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
All I knew was that he apparently was in The Sopranos, but even then, I... never watched that and only heard of it when he died, so it affects me none.

Last edited:

Rest

Years
So James Gandolfini died. Did anybody care about him at all?

I woke up to this showing up on my Twitter feed. I was shocked when I heard it and the news just ruined my day. Impeccable actor on a legendary show. He left us way, way too soon, and it felt like his career was just getting a second wind lately.

Did you see the pictures of his funeral? Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Michael Imperioli crying just breaks my heart.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I woke up to this showing up on my Twitter feed. I was shocked when I heard it and the news just ruined my day. Impeccable actor on a legendary show. He left us way, way too soon, and it felt like his career was just getting a second wind lately.

And then people say this and I'm forced to want to watch the show. Was The Sopranos really that good of a show? I've literally only just heard of it.

Rest

Years
And then people say this and I'm forced to want to watch the show. Was The Sopranos really that good of a show? I've literally only just heard of it.

It had a terrific ensemble cast led by the late James Gandolfini and was collaborated on by a slew of great directors and writers, but above all it was a show that wasn't afraid to address social issues as well as make big statements while also having an intricate, complex structure that was consistently well-executed. It wasn't just a great show, it was also important for its medium. Please set aside a couple weekends to binge-watch The Sopranos. It's really excellent.

Years
I've never seen it, but I know many people who've watched it and they highly recommend it.

I'm actually surprised this topic only just now made it here to PC. It was all over the American cable and entertainment networks late last week and over the weekend. And I think it's still getting a fair bit of coverage today. I don't know any of his other works, but he seems to have been very popular here in America.

Years
Shame he died, but it doesn't make me want to watch the Sopranos. The show could have all my favorite actors, but it wouldn't make me want to watch that kind of a show. At least the kind of show I imagine it is. Some kind of modern gangster show with lots of violence. I wish there wasn't so much violence in all the popular shows. It's kind of a turnoff and I can't get involved in the shows that others are watching.

Years
The violence in our media is pretty tame compared to what's out there though. I just watched a documentary on crime in Jamaica and people literally do die every day. I'm not even sure if media violence can prepare you for real life stuff.

Years
Yeah, I know there is a lot of horrible violence in the world that's worse than anything on TV, but I still don't like a lot of violence in my shows and it makes me a little sad I can't join in with some of my friends when they talk about Game of Thrones and so on.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Honestly, The Sopranos isn't as violent as you probably think it is. It has its moments, sure, but it's very restrained in comparison to what it could be. I know a lot of its fans often wished it was more violent than it was because they'd been led to expect it would be some Godfather/Goodfellas for TV when it really was its own thing.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Honestly, The Sopranos isn't as violent as you probably think it is. It has its moments, sure, but it's very restrained in comparison to what it could be. I know a lot of its fans often wished it was more violent than it was because they'd been led to expect it would be some Godfather/Goodfellas for TV when it really was its own thing.

Actually, as soon as I heard of it and read up on it as well as some of the characters, Godfather-esque things were the first to come into mind because those are typically the things I think of when I hear/read 'New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster.'

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Random Access Memories (GE DCC)

Sopranos isn't the type of show that is gruesome, killing, drugs and all those stuffs that gangster movies usually show. It mostly show Tony and how he gotta keep his life balanced between his family and gangster lifestyles. It's a pretty interesting show. I never really was a follower of the show but when I did see it, I liked every episodes that I saw.

Years
So. Summer blockbusters. Best? Worst?

Superman movie was surprisingly good, but then I had low expectations. I kinda want to see the Lone Ranger just to see how bad it can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back