• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] *+:。♡.。The Fairy Type Club。.♡。:+*

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
That Chimera Fire/Fairy type would probably be the only fire starter I would pick on a first run. And not just due to it being a fairy type.

We don't really have many bulky fairy type's do we? Personally, I would love any kind of love given to the fairy type though. If a Triple typed Pokemon existed, is there any way to make it have no weaknesses? The only Pokemon with no weaknesses we got were Sableye and Spiritomb. But after the amazing fairy type was introduced, that Spiritomb/Wonderguard combo is no longer as viable

Then what do you normally start with? Water? Triple Types aren't likely to appear and if they did, why add them? You want a Pokémon with virtually no vulnerabilities? Get a Dark/Poison Type with Levitate. Only Pokémon with Mold Breaker would be a problem for you and only with Ground moves. Everything else is x1 or lower with immunity to Psychic and being Poisoned. Alolan Grimer/Muk ironically fits that profile along with Skuntank and Drapion(Gen 4 be representing for OP Pokémon). It's just Ground is so freaking common that the lone vulnerability hurts it and that no Dark/Poison Type exists with Levitate unless you give Weezing Dark Typing.

TLDR: There won't be a Pokemon with virtually no weakness ever again. Spiritomb pre Generation 6 was an aberration and not the norm heh. Furthermore even if you had triple Types, I don't believe a combo exists such that you'd get zero vulnerabilities.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Yeah the only pokemon that has no type weaknesses at the moment is Eelektross thanks to its levitate ability. Introducing triple types would not fix that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
It's certainly fun to theorize about though! :)

I imagine they won't produce any true type-immune Pokémon besides maybe a gimmick, and even if they did it would be sooo unbalanced. Though I suppose you can use Forest Curse / Trick or Treat already so maybe that sorta counts?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
It's certainly fun to theorize about though! :)

I imagine they won't produce any true type-immune Pokémon besides maybe a gimmick, and even if they did it would be sooo unbalanced. Though I suppose you can use Forest Curse / Trick or Treat already so maybe that sorta counts?

Trick or Treat makes the target vulnerable to Ghost and Dark moves by adding Ghost typing to it. Unless the target happened to be Normal(to remove Ghost vulnerability) and either Fairy or something that resisted Dark, there's really no positive outcome to that. Even Forest Curse likely wouldn't solve anything if Grass Type was added since Grass is vulnerable to so many things.

There won't be a x1 or less Pokemon ever again.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh I was referring to just a tri-typed mon, not a x1. Sorry about that aha.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
I mean, maybe with the gen 4 remakes we would get a primal Arceus whose ability makes it every type? That isn't triple typed, and even then, Rock would actually still be a weakness. I think it is 4x effective on anything that is all types

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Heh never know on Gen 4 remakes but of all Generations, they're the most overdue ones along with Generation 2(since they've yet to receive Fairy Typing like Let's GO did with Generation 1).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I would love to see some of the Gen 4 mons brought up to date. I would personally love to see Cherrim, or even a new variant of Rotom, given Fairy typing! :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm going to post a little bit of Fairy fanart here if that's okay! It's not finished yet, but I wanted to test out some new supplies. I may turn this into a digital piece at some point. :)
Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm going to post a little bit of Fairy fanart here if that's okay! It's not finished yet, but I wanted to test out some new supplies. I may turn this into a digital piece at some point. :)
Spoiler:

That's really, really good... even in its present form. Not surprising Sylveon is involved but when finished that's going to be worth showcasing. That Trainer a depiction of you or just some random Trainer with your Spirit Animal? Like I've said before, if I had any ounce of Artistic Talent... sigh.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thanks! She's just some random cutie trainer that I drew - if you want to see an accurate representation of my true edgy, Sylveon self, check out my avatar. Drawn by the immensely talented Kitty!

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So, first off. Fairy, that is a great drawing even when not finished. I wish I could draw.

And second, Pokemon direct tomorrow. 6 am PST.

1 am EST.

Um if its at 6am PST, then it'd be 9am EST. 1am(the next day) would be for Australia/New Zealand no?

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I wonder if Ash will travel with someone who's very into fairy type pokemon for gen 8's anime :P

Since the new region is based off England, and i've always heard from my mom that they're very into fairies over there X3;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah I'd like to see a return to more monotype based trainer companions! Having a cute girl who loves fairies would be a great addition to the team, imo. :)

And yes! Ye ol' faerie folklore originated in European storytelling, especially in England and Celtic nations. I really hope some of that translates into pokemon's Fairy designs because it's so ripe for inspiration!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
England, if memory serves is where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell originated from. Hence all of the "Disney Fairies" owe their existence to UK region in a way. Knowing that, I think there might actually be a Fairy Type Gym like Kalos did in Generation 8. Whether we'll get a Misty or Iris inspired Trainer who adores Fairy Types is a bit of a stretch but not out of the realm of possibility. I always thought Lillie in Generation 7 was that type of trainer but they never utilized her as the "Moon" equivalent :/

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
Years
Well, those buildings on the map look like gyms, and there was one that was in a mystical forest. Maybe it was a fairy type gym?

My theories for the typings are
Scorbunny - Fire/Electric
Grookey - Grass/Fighting or maybe Rock
And my adorable Sobble would probably be Water/Ice? Or maybe Psychic?

I am #TEAMSOBBLE and #TEAMSHIELD because Sobble must be protected.
England has many fairy tales, and they are quite important to their culture, so I would LOVE to see many new fairy types this generation. Maybe a Psuedo Legendary Fairy.
For companions, I would like to see Serena return, but that is my bias towards Amour Shipping and her Sylveon.

And yes, sorry. I messed up the timing for EST with my own. Sorry about that.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
A fairy type psudo legend would rock. Since psudos tend to be big and bulky ish, though, maybe it should be part dragon, or some other type that might give it more bulk?

Back