• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you feel if Gen V sucks?

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
I would probably shoot myself. Lol, jks, that'd kill me. :P

No, I would probably turn my back on Pokemon completely. Gen IV sucked completely, I mean, it was so uncreative. From what i've seen so far, Black and White will be the bomb, but if they're not, then i am gonna be SOOOO pissed.

Good thread idea :D

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
I'll be disappointed. I mean, R/S/E was kind of disappointing in what it did, but I never flat out hated it.

It'll take a lot for me to hate a generation.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
Unsurprised. I'm not expecting a great deal to be honest. It would take a lot to top the current generation.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Well, I don't think it will bomb, I think it looks cool, but there will always be someone to criticize it. But I think it'll be a fun new adventure.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
Years
you mean if it has that same old same old storyline??? I will stop playing pokemon period. If this generation doesn't have any fresh new storyline.... I'm gonna give up PERIOD.

Years
Well i didn't like gen 4 all that much just thought it was uncreative and just never got into it. But from what i saw the battle scenes look a lot better. But the new Pokemon that they are making for gen 5 I just don't have very high expectations for them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm pretty adamant that it won't. I mean, I haven't seen the storyline or anything but so far it's been the best pokemon game to date, as I quite like the style. However, if it were to just be a can of snakes and the first glimpse was just a tease from what I thought it may have been like, I will be dissapointed.

Gen one to four have been great and I think that pokemon has improved as the years have rolled on. I feel that B&W is the result of Gamefreak and pokemon maturing somewhat. If it turns out to be a failure I'll probably lose hope until something new or better comes out, which will happen most likely. Personally I hope they go onto a bigger console with the RPG's, something like the Wii or Gamecube. If Gen V sucks, well no biggie but I will be dissapointed, but I very much doubt that the series will ever have a bad game; at least in this line, spinn-offs are a diffrerent story.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
126617741921.jpg

...and then I'll go back to playing HG. :P

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
Since I can't afford to import, I'll probably download the ROM for a day to check it out and see where it goes from there. If I like the ROM, then chances are I'll get it when it comes out during Spring of '11 (because we all know that's when it's going to come out, lol).

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Ok, nothing can be worst than Gen IV, but nothing can be as good as Gen III without a HM like dive...

Pityflame

Unemployed Ninja
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2012
If they suck, they suck. It happens.
Every series has a bad game eventually.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
Years
The thing is, even if it sucks, it's pokemon. So it won't suck. Unless it SUCKS. But it probably won't. Even so, I expect it to be amazing, considering they called this game a revolution. Moving pokes, enhanced graphics and older characters don't quite make a revolution imo.

Redrup

The Gentleman
Years
I'll feel annoyed that I spent money on it.

However, I'll probably play it through at least once and then move back to Sinnoh or Johto if I grew bored enough.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I'm just going to play through it as normal, and if it sucks, I'll just go back to Platinum/HeartGold. That's what I did with Emerald.

Illustration

ああああああああ
Years
I'd feel as though I wasted my money.

Other than that, I really wouldn't care if I thought it sucked. I'll just store it in my drawer and let it stay there for many periods of time to come.

Back