• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there any way to change the battle music of a certain trainer? (And no, Advance-Trainer CAN NOT do that)

Also if that's impossible, is there any way to change the music of a trainer class?

well, yeah, it's possible.
I think HackMew knows how to do that, though it requires an ASM touch to accomplish that. =3

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2013
Okay so to extend upon my questions

1.Isn't there a code to remove the first pokemon in your party? if so what is it?
2.If there is a code, is there one to that moves any pokemon to the first slot?
3.How do i make it so a sprite appears after an event has happened, because I have this code set up:

Spoiler:

but what happens is the sprite is still in the place i put in in advanced map and if i talk to it, it disappears and if i dont talk to the npc and do the event before that sets the flag, the sprite doesnt show up after the event that. how do I set it up so the sprite is not there before the event and is there after.

Years
Ok so this is what happens, i'm working on my own rom, and i got the starting map to work and i got the 2 map to work also, but now i changed some warps and stuff and when i go to the warp that goes from the first map to the second the games just stays black...

Anyone got an ideia how to fix this ?

Uh, even though this was aaaaaaaaaaages ago, there's been no proper answer and I have the same problem. Help, anyone?
I have added 03 as the unknown for the warp event and in Advance Map everyhting warps fine, just so you know. Finally, the map I'm warping to was one I had inserted. I guess it has something to do with the Map Footer, but I'm unsure.

H'okay, repostin' this lil' question. Answered much appreciated. ^.^

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Pokecry

Does anyone know the link to a tutorial for Pokecry, because I can't make any sense of it?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
H'okay, repostin' this lil' question. Answered much appreciated. ^.^
what? I answered this question manny times.
hear is the easy fix go to the map that is giving you problems and click th insert button on advance map and insert the same map in the same spot. Advance map will give the map a new offset and this will fix the problem.

Example if you warp to map 3.1 and it gose black go to map 3.1 in advance map and insert 3.1.

uhh Dosent anyone Read Befor asking, no lie I ansered this question at least 5 times in this thread its getting old a mod should ask this to the fequently ask questions thread.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
This is an issue that deals with scripting. I am trying to figure out how to make it to where when the player loses, he goes to the pokemon center. I am using the patch that deleted all the events to try to fix my own game with my own scripting, but I can't figure out how to actually script it. Any ideas?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone know the link to a tutorial for Pokecry, because I can't make any sense of it?

I am trying to do some research on it but I know little about ROM modifying, so...
To answer your question, there's no tutorial for it yet.
Though I am thinking of opening one, but I dunno... :\

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
I have three questions:
1. Is it possible, by modifying the overworld sprite of the player, to have a pokemon follow you?

2. If the above is possible, can a script be made to change the sprite when the pokemon evolves?

3. Is it possible to make it so that a certain pokemon can not be removed from the active party?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1. Is it possible, by modifying the overworld sprite of the player, to have a pokemon follow you?

2. If the above is possible, can a script be made to change the sprite when the pokemon evolves?

3. Is it possible to make it so that a certain pokemon can not be removed from the active party?
1. by modifying player's OW yes. If ya don't change it then just by ASM
2. ASM I guess but I'm not sure if this is possible
3. I don't think so.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
This is an issue that deals with scripting. I am trying to figure out how to make it to where when the player loses, he goes to the pokemon center. I am using the patch that deleted all the events to try to fix my own game with my own scripting, but I can't figure out how to actually script it. Any ideas?
the rom is already programed if you loose to take you to the last gym you were at.

Years
Hi ive been hacking pokemon firered for about 3 months now but it has been nothing special but now id like to be able to make all or at least as many of the reagions that have been created in pokemon all in one game. Also i would like to be able put all of the new pokemon in the game so it is possible to catch every single pokemon in the game. If someone could help me with both of these problems id be very thankfull cheers.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
F/R questions:

Is it possible to extend the time of the title screen so it wont loop back to the boot screen?
And how?

And, Is there a tutorial that explains how to change the animation of the intro video?
the one with gengar and nidorino fighting.

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Hi ive been hacking pokemon firered for about 3 months now but it has been nothing special but now id like to be able to make all or at least as many of the reagions that have been created in pokemon all in one game. Also i would like to be able put all of the new pokemon in the game so it is possible to catch every single pokemon in the game. If someone could help me with both of these problems id be very thankfull cheers.
Can't be done. From what I hear, in FR you can have two big regions and one small.

As for the pokemon, there are the ones from the first three gyms plus 25 more due to some strange circumstance.

Years

Pretty much impossible. Sorry. You could probably fit in two regions and the already programmed-in 386 'mons, plus the 25 free spaces that I don't really enjoy using.

Sorry, buddy. D:

Edit: Damn, beaten. But yeah, you get the idea.

@ Drakuaza: Well, the latter is possible with ASM, IIRC. But I'm not sure how. To just change the sprites of Gengar and Nidorino, unLZ-GBA is handy. (:
By the way, MS rules. XD

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Pretty much impossible. Sorry. You could probably fit in two regions and the already programmed-in 386 'mons, plus the 25 free spaces that I don't really enjoy using.

Sorry, buddy. D:

Edit: Damn, beaten. But yeah, you get the idea.

@ Drakuaza: Well, the latter is possible with ASM, IIRC. But I'm not sure how. To just change the sprites of Gengar and Nidorino, unLZ-GBA is handy. (:
By the way, MS rules. XD

Hmm. I see, well is there any ASM tutorial that could explain that? i couldnt find anything regarding that issue at the current guides

@maplestory thing, i quit it like 3 months or 4 ago.

Larsie13

Is it possible to extend the time of the title screen so it wont loop back to the boot screen?
And how?

And, Is there a tutorial that explains how to change the animation of the intro video?
the one with gengar and nidorino fighting.
About the first question... As far as I know, the title screen is special in that the song played there has no loop point. In other words, when it's done, it's done. Nothing happens. Now, when the game is on the title screen, and notices that the song has finished playing, it automatically resets the game. Through some ASM hacking, it should be possible to extend the time, or, alternately, you could insert a longer song. Or of course a song that loops, so that the game doesn't reset at all.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Hey,I'm trying to make a hack out of emerald,and I ALWAYS MAKE SURE SPRITES ARE 100% CUSTOM.Unfortunately,I haven't tried a hack before for 3rd gen,and have no idea how to change tilesets.I know a-map has a tool for it,but it doesn't accept my tilesets (as in they don't show up).How did you people with the custom tilesets import them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back