• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Phew... Throughout the day... I only managed to hatch about 200 Larvesta eggs... Larvesta takes quite some time to hatch... I seriously hope this isn't gonna be a long hunt again...

@Latios Master Good luck on your Litwick... You'll definitely get it this time!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Once again goodluck on the Litwick Latias! You'll possibly definitely get it this time! I also hope you win the race against Drat xD.

Milotic I've never MM myself so all MMing seems like it takes a monstrous amount of time to me but non the less good luck!

My hunts:
Eevee: Couple thousand SR
Snivy: 10000+ SR at this stage

Its getting frustrating.. I really just want to play pokemon black my god!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
@Dratizard: Good luck to you too.

@CarefulWetPaint: It's Latios. ;)

Good luck on everyone's hunts!

May 1st marked 9 years of being a member of PC. It was put on a new server in September 2003, which required everyone to create a new account, which explains the later join date. The years have gone by fast.

Years
Day 2 for Larvesta and my time abroad... A recent goal has came up for me and I wanna see if I can acquire a shiny Larvesta before my flight on the fifth day... So far, I have hatched about 360 Larvesta, didn't bother to count after that...

With all the time I have in the hotel, of course I'm forced to hunt... No Internet, no nothing... Just time and the DS...

I have a habit of needing to watch something shine while hinting, but since there was no Internet, I had no YouTube... So I provided that with a small 30 min break from black to chain Flaaffy in Platinum... I obtained two shiny Flaaffy, at a chain of 58... Sadly, I cannot post an image as of now.

Back to Larvesta then... Who will crack first? The Larvesta egg, me, or my DS's buttons...

Years
Not dead!

I have been gone for around a month, but that was do to traveling and tons of school work. Didn't get a whole lot of hunting done...
I'll still be active, but less so until summer.

As for new/old hunts...
Iron Island-Anything, but preferably onix/zubat families
Shoal cave-Anything, but preferably snorunt(female)/zubat
Slugma.

Congrats to everyone on what must be the thousands of shinies claimed! :D

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
My hunts:
Eevee: Couple thousand SR
Snivy: 10000+ SR at this stage

Its getting frustrating.. I really just want to play pokemon black my god!

I completely understand how you feel, my parents gave me Black for Christmas and I can't play it until a blue Snivy shows itself >.<

Anyway, I've had no more luck since my last post. I'm slowing down my Pokemon Tower hunt to focus more on Snivy... I really want my Snivy/Piplup hunts to be over!

AP tests are this week for me, and they were lucky for me last year (Lugia shone on the day of my AP English test!) so I'm hoping a nice little calculus-loving Piplup will shine for me tomorrow XD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
:O Jeez, it's been forever since I've been here. Anybody remember me? Page 742 was the last page I posted in.

So, G-Money, I'd like to be re-added to the list, if I may.

Anyway, I've decided to COMPLETELY restart my shiny quest. Starting with a month long hunt in Diamond...
I won't be soft resetting cuz I'm using a 3DS to play. Soft resetting is a huge pain because of the button locations, so I'll be doing encounters.

Good luck, guys.

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
:O Jeez, it's been forever since I've been here. Anybody remember me? Page 742 was the last page I posted in.

Anyway, I've decided to COMPLETELY restart my shiny quest. Starting with a month long hunt in Diamond...
I won't be soft resetting cuz I'm using a 3DS to play. Soft resetting is a huge pain because of the button locations, so I'll be doing encounters.

Good luck, guys.
Welcome back! We don't exactly umm.. Have a list anymore. We all got too busy :(
I completely understand how you feel, my parents gave me Black for Christmas and I can't play it until a blue Snivy shows itself >.<

Anyway, I've had no more luck since my last post. I'm slowing down my Pokemon Tower hunt to focus more on Snivy... I really want my Snivy/Piplup hunts to be over!

AP tests are this week for me, and they were lucky for me last year (Lugia shone on the day of my AP English test!) so I'm hoping a nice little calculus-loving Piplup will shine for me tomorrow XD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
English tests being a good thing? o_O Good luck anyways XD
I obtained two shiny Flaaffy, at a chain of 58

Back to Larvesta then... Who will crack first? The Larvesta egg, me, or my DS's buttons...
Congrats!

The egg. ;)

May 1st marked 9 years of being a member of PC. It was put on a new server in September 2003, which required everyone to create a new account, which explains the later join date. The years have gone by fast.
Congrats!

I haven't hunted since my last update. I know. ;0;
However I'm buying a savegame adapter, which when it gets here in about two months (Oh, DealExtreme) I can have unlimited saves! So I plan to get to SRing Lugia in SS, working on getting the PokeRadar in Pt, and SR Snivy in Black. Good luck everyone!

Years
Day 3... 5 more eggs and I'm going to bed... Larvesta hunt seems pretty long now... Even if it's about 400 plus eggs... Thing takes forever to hatch... I wonder if I left my luck at home...

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
English tests being a good thing? o_O Good luck anyways XD

I'll take anything that gets me a shiny somehow as a good thing =P

Also good luck miloticfan, if Larvestas take as long to hatch as Deinos or Larvitars (I believe that they do?) then I feel your pain >.< After it shines you should go after something that hatches quickly to make up for it =)

blu3void

Exactly.
Years
Oh hey there. I'm a shiny hunter myself, and although I'm not currently hunting, I'd be happy to join this club.
I have two shinies: A shiny Hoothoot in Soul Silver, and a shiny Litwick in White, both random.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I could get it back on track by chaining a shiny... but thats so boring. Haven't had much time recenty to really get much done. Girlfriends aunt died on monday so been pretty busy looking after her, and sons birthday is on sunday so pretty busy time for me.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Words cannot explain my joy... I got my 3DS today =) my birthday is technically tuesday but we celebrated it friday.
Anyway...
My Hunts
Ho-oh ~ 6840
Axew - 80
Yeah so the only thing different from last time is I set my route 18 hunt down and picked up my Axew hunt again.
On another note I am looking forward to summer cause with my new handheld in well... hand I can now double hunt, which i'm predicting will help me reel in the shinies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Nothing new for me. still sticking with spiritomb injust dont count anymore. to depressing.

In other news. git engaged so will soon be moving to america full time. to marry her

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Ill join!!
Not sure if you guys have caught them yet but I've got myself a shiny tentacool/tentacruel and a shiny zubat.
Currently hunting fifth gen shinies on black.
Random question; what methods do you use to encounter shinies? Do you stay on a single route or hunt all the areas where your target appears?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! I DID IT: SHINY SPIRITOMB IS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT SHINY SPIRITOMB!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!! Shiny! Spiritomb!! Mine! Done! Yes! Victory!!!

Woot!

I got it - shiny Spiritomb!! After 5976 SRs, Spiritomb number 5977 decided to shine!! Whoo-hoo! My first shiny since December 24th of last year!! Meaning my first shiny of 2012!!

I really wanted it to appear at night so I could catch it in a Dusk Ball (and it looks totally awesome at night!), and it did!!! Absolutely perfect. :)

Another shiny for my Ghost quest!

Spoiler:

My third chained shiny

Congrats!

May 1st marked 9 years of being a member of PC.

Wow, that's impressive!! Congratulations, Jamie Moyer! :cer_laugh:

Who will crack first? The Larvesta egg, me, or my DS's buttons...

"lol"

Welcome back, AntiZero! I remember you!

The list auto-updates itself now, which is pretty cool. :)

You can find it here, sorted by post count: http://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=19247 and you can Ctrl + F and search your name! :)

Oh hey there. I'm a shiny hunter myself, and although I'm not currently hunting, I'd be happy to join this club.
I have two shinies: A shiny Hoothoot in Soul Silver, and a shiny Litwick in White, both random.

Welcome to the club!

In other news. git engaged so will soon be moving to america full time. to marry her

Congratulations!!

You definitely deserve to get Spiritomb really soon, and I hope mine is an omen that yours is in the really near future! Good luck!

Ill join!!
Not sure if you guys have caught them yet but I've got myself a shiny tentacool/tentacruel and a shiny zubat.
Currently hunting fifth gen shinies on black.
Random question; what methods do you use to encounter shinies? Do you stay on a single route or hunt all the areas where your target appears?

Welcome to the club! I usually stay on the same route and encounter the same groups of Pokemon, since I'm usually looking for a specific one. Soft resetting is also a really popular form of shiny hunting: you save in front of a Pokemon you encounter once (like a starter or legendary), encounter/receive it, and if it isn't shiny you can hit Start + Select + L + R (Start + Select + A + B in third gen games) to reset your game so you can encounter it again.

My hunts:

3436 Eevee.
2121 Route 116 encounters.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I can honestly say as soon as I saw it was spiritomb... I'm all fired up. My elastic band broke so its been annoying sring recently. my normal sring during playing cod and mmo games with the lady was slow... i ams back on it now. and wow i checked the post counter. i have the most posts in here out of all tje regular posters :p

Back