• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Your teams are very diverse, I like that! Did you have any pleasant surprises while training, any Pokemon that exceeded your expectations and fared better than you thought it would? You don't have to use him if you don't wanna, but I'll suggest Meowth/Persian for your LG
I would use Meowth/Persian, but I intend on using Snorlax ASAP, and I don't like having two of the same type on a team. In terms of excelling, I'd say that my Slaking on Emerald did exceptionally well in just about all his battles. He's quite fast and his attack is off the charts. As my friend described him, "He's the rape train that needs to stop" XD

Update for LeafGreen. I just did a bit of grinding.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I got an Exp. Share earlier and gave it to my Mareep, she's leveling up nicely.

I saw a Rioulu earlier, I wanted to catch it but I ko'd it by mistake >_<

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
It's one of the reasons why I enjoy the game so much, walking along with your Pokemon is really cute.

I can't wait for the amie feature either. It reminds me of nintendogs but with Pokemon xD

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Heretostay, that sounds very much like Slaking, I dread facing him in battle, hehe.

mucus, I used both Mareep and Riolu on W2; Riolu was actually one of my first encounters in the Ranch, I didn't realize its rarity until playing B2 and trying to capture one for my dex.

Loro, I downloaded a demo for nintendogs + cats, and my crazy cat lady self loved it! I'm expecting Amie to actually have an effect on our Pokemon's stats too, I think I read something about a new Super Training thingy earlier today. So far we've only trained our partners through battles, so I'm looking forward to try it out.

Musaddiq, I'm really glad you enjoy it here with us! Training a full party can be difficult, but I always find that it's a lot more fun to rely on all of your Pokemon to win the match. I've never solo'ed a game before, or focused on training only one of my partners, because I want to give all of them the chance to shine in battle. Out of all the games you played, who was your favorite Pokemon to train, except your starter?

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
favorite Pokemon to train Is Chimchar And Charmendar Because I Like Both Of Them And Im Really Enjoy To Train Both Of Them

This Two Pokemons Is easy To Train

Last edited:

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
That's cool lol. I don't think i'd recommend buying nintendogs + cats though. Just like in real life, the cats don't do much. It's kind of hard to earn money too.

But anyways it'd be cool if it does affect Pokemon stats. Make them more friendly towards you or something like that.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I trudged myself over to the first gym earlier.
It looks a lot more like a school though....
anyhow Roxanne was hanging out there, just as a trainer, I challenged her and lost so bad.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Everyone is doing a bunch of challenges and I'm just sitting here. I think I might replay Black 2, anyone recommend a good challenge? I've done the hunger games, solo, and random challenges. I don't have access to hacking so no challenges that require that please!

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Just got to the first gym in Blaze Black 2.
Current team:
Bagon
Mareep
Oshawott
Bidoof
Meowth
Ralts.

Avetage level is about 9, with the average being fragyed down by the level 2 meowth.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ani500MS.png
Ani462MS.png
Ani547MS.png
Ani134MS.png
Ani169MS.png
Ani531MS.png

Player: Sophie
Badges: 8
Pokedex: 206

Scratch what I said yesterday, I've done quite a bit since the last post! If I could tell you how much time I had on my hands today, you wouldn't believe me. I rarely get a whole day free since I'm always busy, either finishing off homework, going to places, eating out, swimming, helping with housework, figuring out how the hell a Burmy is of any use and so forth. I did go swimming but I managed to get home early and finish lunch at the speed of light so that left plenty of time for playing Black 2. I started off at Route 22 and tried to remember what I was doing there. Probably training. Speaking of training, should I do it now or wait for Victory Road? I debated to myself for about five minutes with one voice in my head going "But Sophie, is it worth it? Aren't your Pokemon fine enough?" and then another voice going "C'mon, there's no harm in a little extra training, it'll only take a couple of minutes!"

Eventually I just decided to let laziness take the better of me. Who cares if I'm underlevelled? The more challenging, the merrier. But I was still a bit paranoid about meeting some sort of freakishly overpowered Hydreigon (which I eventually did to my surprise), so I decided to train for two minutes on wild Golducks and whatever else calls Route 22 home. With my Pokemon in a level range from the low 50s to about high 50s, I decided to keep going. So as I was making my merry way down the route, I saw this obnoxious huge cliff thing sticking out. Naturally curiosity got the better of me, so without even thinking I wandered in. As I made my character walk down I heard the thump of when you collide against something. I looked down at my screen curiously and realised there were two grunts there. Talking about some other grunts heading to Route 21 or something like that. I tried to wriggle past them but they wouldn't budge. Damnit in-game character why can't you just push them over and run? I guess this person is either not a big fan of violence or just way too polite.

So I then went hunting after this route. After asking a couple of my friends via the server and after getting the helpful answer of 'use google', I managed to find it and a waiting Hugh. And I'm gonna skip the fine details because I would probably break PC trying to describe every little thing. Long story short, Marlon came out, told us about him making noise to get the grunts to come out, wished us luck and then walked off. That guy is way too laid-back I swear. Skipping more details, I easily cruised through all of the grunts, solved the pipe puzzle, figured out the password, got a Plasma Card and proceeded on. Eventually I came to their boss Zinzolin and beat the heck out of his two ugly snowflakes and the big cheese, Weavile. Proceeding on, I can't remember what I did next. The Shadow Triad appeared, somehow kicked us 10 feet off the boat and onto the ground and then waved at us mockingly while the ship disappeared into the sky.

I can't remember what happened in between but eventually I found myself running into the ship again. Beat Colress and his magnets, raided the ship, found some goodies and then interfered with Ghetsis's plans. Had to get through the Shadow Triad first though, there were so many blades and claws clashing together in that battle. Eventually my team pulled through and I went down these set of stairs to witness Ghetsis DNA splicing Kyurem. Poor Zekrom. And then had to clash with the thing. Wonderful. Easily defeated it in one Head Smash though.

And then Ghetsis decided to challenge me. And what do you know? The overpowered Hydreigon that I was imagining earlier had appeared and was right there in my face. Somehow got past it and defeated the other cronies before eventually leaving Ghetsis in defeat. He then yelled in rage, departed and left this key thing behind. N came and talked for a bit before also disappearing. I then went out to a route with trees that looked half dead and trained a bit there on the high-leveled Pokemon. That's all I got up to before my DS Battery decided to go "nope I'm calling it a day!" So now it's busy charging away but I'll probably keep at it tonight. Overall though my main training method for this adventure was defeating every trainer I could, getting some EXP off wild pokemon and the occasional Audino. It worked out pretty well though. All I need to do now is balance out the levels. If you want to find out what level my Pokemon are (because you're a stalker or you're just merely interested), then feel free to hover over the sprites at the top.

Also might as well rate my training method for today. 9.5/10! Was rather repetitive but better than fighting wild Pokemon at least. Some were rather challenging which also made it more enjoyable. Great music helps as well. Got kinda boring at the end but oh well. Bye!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
hmm Your Team Looks Awesome Can You Send Which Levels Are Your Pokemons

Thanks! I mainly picked on how good their designs were and overall if they performed well in battle. But I also decided to give weaker Pokemon a chance to shine. If you want to see the levels, just hover over the sprites at the top. A number should appear! (the number represents the level of the Pokemon) :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Good for you, Sophie! It looks like you stormed through the last part of the plot, congrats! Loved reading your update too! I wasn't looking forward to battling Ghetsis either, but he was way easier to defeat than he was back in White. I can't remember either battles very well, but Ghetsis itself is really made an impression. Old man slamming his stick on the ground, calling your character disgusting and trying to actually freeze your character to death!? Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I think the plot is over. You saved Unova, you're a hero {XD}

Seems like everyone's going at it on their B2, might as well follow suit and start training my team too!

Slayr, I'm a newbie when it comes to challenges, I wanted to try an Emerald nuzlocke once, and I failed, so now it's a normal run, except I haven't finished it yet. I kinda felt disappointed, nuzlockes seem to be really popular, but I just found it boring with all the grinding, and it felt really bad to give on a teammate because it fainted from a random critical hit. Anyway, how about a challenge where you use Pokemon suggested by forum users? There may be something like that over at the challenges sub-forum, or maybe fellow club members would like to help with that? We could even trade you eggs, maybe, to make it even more exciting? The challenge you chose is totally up to you :)

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Final Update Diamond

Daimond Badges 8/8
Team So Far
Infernape LvL 78
Close Combat
ThunderPunch
Giga Impact
Flare Blitz

Starraptor LvL 43
Close Combat
Wing Attack
Aerial Ace
Take Down

Machoke LvL 41
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Seismic Toss
Revenge

Quagsire LvL 46
Water Gun
Slam
Surf
Waterfall

Luxry LvL 39
Thunder Fang
Charge
Spark
Bite

Kadabra Lvl 35
Psybeam
Teleport
Confusion
Disable

It's Very Enjoyble

Now Im Going To Start Pokemon Black

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Good for you, Sophie! It looks like you stormed through the last part of the plot, congrats! Loved reading your update too! I wasn't looking forward to battling Ghetsis either, but he was way easier to defeat than he was back in White. I can't remember either battles very well, but Ghetsis itself is really made an impression. Old man slamming his stick on the ground, calling your character disgusting and trying to actually freeze your character to death!? Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I think the plot is over. You saved Unova, you're a hero {XD}

Seems like everyone's going at it on their B2, might as well follow suit and start training my team too!

Slayr, I'm a newbie when it comes to challenges, I wanted to try an Emerald nuzlocke once, and I failed, so now it's a normal run, except I haven't finished it yet. I kinda felt disappointed, nuzlockes seem to be really popular, but I just found it boring with all the grinding, and it felt really bad to give on a teammate because it fainted from a random critical hit. Anyway, how about a challenge where you use Pokemon suggested by forum users? There may be something like that over at the challenges sub-forum, or maybe fellow club members would like to help with that? We could even trade you eggs, maybe, to make it even more exciting? The challenge you chose is totally up to you :)

Thanks MIAU! Certainly had a lot of fun writing it and I'm glad that someone enjoyed reading through it. I was surprised when Ghetsis attempted to freeze the character (but hey its Team Plasma what do you expect :p) it was like a 'whoa what the hell is this supposed to be in a pokemon game' sort of moment. Thankfully it didn't happen though. Otherwise it'd just be awkward watching Ghetsis take over all of Unova. That'd be a huge plot twist though. I'm glad I've finished it actually. Black 2 was a whole lot of fun and I certainly enjoyed it. Best Pokemon game I've played so far! But the journey isn't over yet. If someone could tell me how to get to Route 23 besides the obvious answer of 'use google' then I'd be extremely happy. Too lazy to type in Route 23 in that small search bar. The irony of this post, I know. (I might search it up later but for now, yayyy laziness.)

Nuzlockes are certainly fun. I've never had the patience for them though, all the grinding, finding new teammates, it just seems like a challenging ordeal. Then again it is called a challenge, so go figure. I might attempt one after I get a bit more skill with not letting my Pokemon die to three-headed hydras but we'll see! Is there anyone here who has actually done a nuzlocke challenge though? If so, do share what you think about it overall. :D

Good luck with training in B2! I recommend just chasing after Audinos if you're looking for a good method. It takes a while but its worth it. And congrats on finishing Mussadiq! That's a nice team you have there but you might want to try and balance the level gaps. They're quite big. Nevertheless I did that before on Platinum and I still did fine, so I think you've done a good job on finishing Platinum, either way! :)

Back