• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange That I Haven't Seen This Asked Before, Ever...

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
I really don't like any Wii games other than SSBB since they're so childish, I also dislike any RTS game since I'm usually pretty bad at them, can't forget movie games either.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Phantasy Star
Sonic
Duke Nukem
Kirby
Zelda

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
I do not like first person shooters... I just don't find murdering people very entertaining.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
I don't particularly like racing games or sports, I just find them awfully repetitive. I also have a certain disliking for First-Person Shooters, unless the games have a really good story behind them. I've never really formed an opinion on simulation games, I've barely played The Sims or something like Dogz, but from what I've seen they just look boring.

Yeah, there's quite a few games that I don't like. =P

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
Sports games >.< Hate sports games with a passion, at least those of the non Mario variety. I don't really get into sports out of games, so playing a game based on them is.... yeah :I

I'm also not too fond of a lot of shooters, mainly ones like Ghost Recon, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, etc...

Years
-Halo 3. Yes, I own the game, my gamertag is Zumbar if you don't believe me.
-Any tom clancy game. Splinter Cell: Pandora tomorrow was OK, though.
-Lego Indiana jones and Kung fu panda. The only reason I have these games is because they came free with my xbox. Dumb RRoD...
-Any World War II game. Do any of you know how WWII ended? Okay, now out of that group, how many know how the Gulf War, Korean War, or Vietnam War ended? Heck, throw in the US Civil war even. But CoD World At War was great because the zombies, that's it.
-Games based off of movies. ET. 'Nuff said.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
the ones I do have I can only play like a mission at a time.
I may be assuming something here but you play RPGs, do you not? Do they not also progress in the manner of one stage/battle at a time?

-Any World War II game. Do any of you know how WWII ended? Okay, now out of that group, how many know how the Gulf War, Korean War, or Vietnam War ended? Heck, throw in the US Civil war even. But CoD World At War was great because the zombies, that's it.
Spoiler:

Oh noes, major spoilage for the fifty-seventh time.

Last edited:

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I can't stand FPSs or any game involving war/guns/military or the sort of tactics involved in shooters. The setting is boring, the play style is too difficult for me, uh... yeah.

I'm an avid loather of sports IRL, so of course I dislike the genre of games that goes with it, though my dad likes golf a lot, and admittedly I had a lot of fun playing some of the Tiger Woods games on the PS2 with him and my bros several years ago, till it became evident I sucked at those as much as any other video game.

I'm also not a fan of RPGs in general; never played any Final Fantasy games, save for that Crystal Chronicles thing on GameCube (so sue me). Never played any of the other 'classic' RPGs people like so much either. I guess the play style just doesn't suit me.

Also, MMORPGs. Forming alliances or groups with random people on the interwebz as a requirement for getting the 'full experience' of a game is not my thing. I just want to adventure on my own, dangit, and without having to level-grind just 'cause I don't wanna talk to weirdos or get picked on 'cause I don't 'play my class right'. If there was an MMO where you can be whatever you feel like and change your mind without making more characters, instead of being bound by classes; where you can pick up any number of skills/trades as you please; where you can enjoy the game without having to have friends that play it or team up with random people... Yes, I know the whole point of them being Massively Multiplayer is so you play with other people, but what I like about them is the huge worlds to explore, like a humongous action-adventure game, only you can't get by just by talking to NPCs. >.>;;

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
Years
Agreed.

I also really really hate Mario Sunshine and all Mario/Sonic sport based outings.

Amen.

Wii Play was also horrible, Black Hawk Down for PS2 had the worst enemy AI I've ever seen, and most any Star Wars game based directly off of the movies were absolutely distasteful. That being said, most any movie game is simply godawful as they've proven themselves to be within the last ten years.

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
One of the games i cant stand atall is all these games that try to be like Final fantasy that just annoyes me so much

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Hitler didn't die.

The Vietnam war ended with Communism>USA

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2009
I like basically all games I play apart from pokemon battle revoulotion

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2023
One of the games i cant stand atall is all these games that try to be like Final fantasy that just annoyes me so much

I absolutely agree to that, and I also dislike never ending games that just require you to play till you've got the highest score.

Years
I kinda dislike games that don't have a postgame or don't have an ability to re-experience boss battles without restarting (Kingdom Hearts, LoZ: PH). I also dislike FPS's, sports games, movie/TV show based games, and those games made by Ubisoft that end with Z.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
I may be assuming something here but you play RPGs, do you not? Do they not also progress in the manner of one stage/battle at a time?

I... don't really see what kind of point you're making. When I said I could only do one mission at a time, that's because that's about as long as an FPS can hold my interest in one sitting. It'll obviously be different for different genres.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
Years
While I also love FPSs, there are some that I simply can't stand.

- Black Hawk Down (PS2): As I've already mentioned before, worst enemy AI I've ever seen.

- Ghost Recon (Original) (PS2): Very clunky, cumbersome controls and incredibly stupid AI.

- Half-Life (PS2): While the PC version is a masterpiece, the PS2 port made me facepalm. The control scheme was a little difficult, but what hit home was the multiplayer. Too simplistic and less drawn-out mostly due to the fact that there was no online play for PS2 when this game was released.

- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (GameCube): I was perfectly fine with the PS2 and Xbox versions of this game, but the GameCube didn't exactly bring what I was asking for when I bought this when Hollywood Video went out of business. The snapping feel of the C-stick was a good idea for this game, but in reality, it didn't do much to help.

- Call of Duty 4 (DS): A great idea on paper, but not so great when it was made a reality. It was simply a watered-down version of the Xbox 360/PS3 version which made the story almost nonexistant.

- Perfect Dark (N64): While everything looks quite nice for an N64, the control layout was difficult to grasp.

In my opinion, what makes a good FPS is atmosphere (Doom 3), an easy-to-use and changeable control scheme (Halo), a good story (Brothers In Arms series) and occasionally some out-of-the-box thinking (Jedi Outcast).

Back