• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hiya!

shab

I like Surskits and Evees.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
I'm shab and I enjoy all kinds of art (music, drawing, animated shows, etc). I've never been that into PKMN but I recently picked up Omega Ruby again and am having a blast. I like gen 3&4 very much.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
*Looks around* No [user]Fairy[/user] sighting. *Gasps* Well I'll be the first to welcome you to PC. Happen to have a favorite Pokemon from Hoenn or Sinnoh or does it happen to be from another region? Kept tabs on the Anime or have any other Pokemon interests besides the games? Also do you have a favorite Typing(ex: Fairy)?

Last edited:

shab

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
I like Surskit, I'm not sure why. I tried it out on my team and it grew on me. For Sinnoh, my favorite is Pachirisu; It's so adorable it hurts. I don't keep up with the anime but nostalgia strikes me on the Hoenn & Sinnoh ones. I like some of the movies though! Lucario's & Darkrai's are ones I'm a fan of. Fanart's pretty neato to look at sometimes. Ehh, typing? Psychic, yeah. Fairy's cool too, it's just pretty limited right now, not a lot of PKMN in it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I like Surskit, I'm not sure why. I tried it out on my team and it grew on me. For Sinnoh, my favorite is Pachirisu; It's so adorable it hurts. I don't keep up with the anime but nostalgia strikes me on the Hoenn & Sinnoh ones. I like some of the movies though! Lucario's & Darkrai's are ones I'm a fan of. Fanart's pretty neato to look at sometimes. Ehh, typing? Psychic, yeah. Fairy's cool too, it's just pretty limited right now, not a lot of PKMN in it.

Surskit isn't a bad choice. I think Viola in the XY Anime did a pretty good job in showing it off. As for Sinnoh, hard to disagree with you there. Dawn's Pachirisu was too cute to ignore and frankly I liked it more than her Piplup(until the whole gag with Ash's Gible and Draco Meteor. At that point I started to pity it lol). Movies were solid too and I found the Lucario movie to be one of the best. May never looked better and Ash's outfit might be the best he's ever worn in any series or movie.

Finally Psychic typing huh? How about Gardevoir? Its a classic Hoenn Psychic Type that was given Fairy Typing. Might also want to check out Fairy Club. [user]Fairy[/user] won't bite unless you have Chocolate lying around(Steel/Poison repellent won't work either). While there you might come to find that there are more Fairy Type Pokemon than you realize.

Oh and give other Pokemon Anime series a chance. Might come to tolerate, if not like some of them.

Years
ORAS were one of my favorite games in the series, so I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. (b' ')b Definitely tempted to replay....and finish all the post game content in Ultra Sun, lol.

Nice to meet you shab, hope you'll stick around here because we'd love to have you. <3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
That's alright, the user Fairy will convert you into a Fairy type lover for sure! ;)

Hi there, Shab! I think ORAS looked amazing but I honestly just haven't been able to play it yet - and now I'm way too hyped for Sword & Shield, lol. Have you had a chance to check out our Discord server? You might like it! n_n;

shab

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Have you had a chance to check out our Discord server? You might like it! n_n;
I will likely join it at some point!
Dawn's Pachirisu was too cute to ignore and frankly I liked it more than her Piplup...
Finally Psychic typing huh? How about Gardevoir? Its a classic Hoenn Psychic Type that was given Fairy Typing.
Oh and give other Pokemon Anime series a chance.
DUDE DAWN'S PACHIRISU WAS SUCH A JERK SOMETIMES LOL. And yeah, big fan of Gardevoir. As for trying out some of the anime, I'm up for it. Which ones would you recommend? I might just rewatch the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones, as I honestly don't have clear memories of like...the storylines and such.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I will likely join it at some point!

DUDE DAWN'S PACHIRISU WAS SUCH A JERK SOMETIMES LOL. And yeah, big fan of Gardevoir. As for trying out some of the anime, I'm up for it. Which ones would you recommend? I might just rewatch the Hoenn and Sinnoh ones, as I honestly don't have clear memories of like...the storylines and such.

Then you might want to check out Black&White series + Emolga. Might feel deja vu with that one, although many people are not fans of that series for how hard the reboot is of Ash, Iris(honestly I find her game counterpart to be better) and Ash's Unova League result. Other series to consider are Kanto(just be aware he doesn't truly "earn" some of his Kanto Badges but the banter between Ash and Misty at times is priceless. Plus its Kanto or the series where it started), Johto(fans of Generation 2 will love this one, although it can be quite filler-ish with all the Pokemon of the day Episodes. Has two Team Rocket arcs with the Lake of Rage(Red Gyarados) and Silver(baby Lugia). Several minor characters from Kanto series return in Johto, including Ritchie for the Lugia arc. Sakura and her sisters do an amicable job showcasing the Kimono girls) and Kalos(XY Anime is a slow but steady climb to the XYZ climax. Pretty much every Gym Battle is worth watching and if you're into shipping, Amourshipping doesn't disappoint).

Btw, speaking of XY, some people love it simply due to Bonnie and her "gag" that gives vivid memories of Brock.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

shab

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Then you might want to check out Black&White series + Emolga. Might feel deja vu with that one, although many people are not fans of that series for how hard the reboot is of Ash, Iris(honestly I find her game counterpart to be better) and Ash's Unova League result.
I watched a bit of that one whenever it aired, I thought the characters were pretty good! Especially that one guy who was part of the triplet gym leaders.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I watched a bit of that one whenever it aired, I thought the characters were pretty good! Especially that one guy who was part of the triplet gym leaders.

Cilan was definitely a breath of fresh air considering he replaced Brock. Yet despite all of Brock's antics that grew stale by the time Diamond and Pearl came around, I actually came to miss it. Tack on the fact that Cilan's eccentric personality and role within the Anime(Pokemon Connoisseur primarily) just didn't seem to fit. Its why Bonnie in XY instantly became a hit with me because her "You're a Keeper" gag instantly reminded me of Brock. Its not to say Cilan was a bad character. He just didn't connect with me like other characters did and I felt Iris deserved far more attention and particularly Dragon captures than what she got.

Back