• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I do not want green eggs and ham, Sam I am.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
How reluctant are you to try weird-sounding foods? (such as chocolate crickets or anything else like that)

Sirfetch’d

I will try anything! I LOVE so many foods and that is because I have been willing to take risks when going to restaurants and ordering foods that I normally wouldn't eat. I guess I wouldn't eat chocolate crickets or anything like that, but if it looks at least halfway appetizing, I will try it!

Best thread title ever, btw!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
People who are too reluctant lack any and all sense of adventure!
If you never get out of your comfort zone it will start to smother you.

v Mmn, Shrimp. . .

Years
Not very! I'm a vegetarian, so I have to be pretty careful about eating things that are unfamiliar. I was at a picnic once and was eating a fruit salad someone had brought, and realized that there was shrimp in it - so really, I can't trust much of anything unless I make it myself.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
If it's a strange animal or a strange way of preparing something then I'll try it, but I refuse to eat certain parts of animals like pig feet, any kind of intestine, or any tongues. Chances are I've eaten strange parts of animals before because they were ground up and mixed in with other parts, but I didn't think about it. I didn't look at a hot dog and go "Mmmm, pig ears", whereas I've had the chance to decline eating an actual full pig's ear.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm really picky when it comes to food, so I don't eat things that I'm not familiar with or if it doesn't look appetizing. Chocolate crickets does sound tempting, though.

Years
Most vegetables never seem to get my tastebuds going, probably due to how bland they taste. But I do remember I once used to hate Indian food until I eventually tried some and I love it. I even remember when I used to hate spinach, and then suddenly loved it but I guess the iconic Popeye cartoons did play a part in that lol. And who ever new macaroni cheese was so yummy when I used to despise the meal myself.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I have a problem with texture of food so I will not eat anything outside certain foods.

^ That. If something feels weird, I will not eat it. That goes for how something looks or smells, too.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have to avoid some food because of allergies, but otherwise I don't care that much. Apparently my father actually got me to eat chicken hearts when I was a kid. I:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Did you say... chocolate... crick-

eek

I only try new, weird food if I at least almost know what's in it :p Not a very exotic eater, I'm not, no. I would never eat a bug. It's one of my phobias. Omg, shuddering here.

Years
I'm a vegetarian so I have to know what's in my food before I eat it, and since most "exotic" foods are animals that don't normally get eaten I'm usually okay with trying new and weird things as long as they're veggie-friendly.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I don't mind trying out strange/exotic foods, I don't know I may like them, I might not, I won't know until I try them. I try to keep an open mind if its about food.

Ayselipera

I'll try anything once. Even twice if someone swears its somehow better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As long as it looks edible, I can eat anything. I'm turned away by delicacies that involve endangered animals, like shark's fin soup; I used to eat it whenever I went to a Chinese restaurant, but not anymore, after I learned how important sharks were to the marine ecosystem.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm always adventurous when it comes to trying new food. I've tasted "doenjang jjigae" once, which is a Korean stew made with vegetable and fish. It was spicy, but at the same time, it also tasted kind of sour. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I did. Their "seolleongtang," a soup made completely out of ox bone, was also pretty good. I know it sounds bad, but I'm pretty sure that you'll like it, too, if you ever decide to give it a try. ^^;;

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I am extremely reluctant on weird-looking food like Mexican food, Chinese food, red meat, and seafood. The more reluctant I am with them, the more likely I'll lose weight for eating the only food I eat.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm not very adventurous when I'm dining out. I always order the same thing and I'm pretty reluctant to changing that.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I went out with my family a few months ago to a Mexican restaurant and I decided I'd have a go at trying something 'different.' I ordered something along the lines of Mole' Pabalano; and my god was it terrible. It was chicken breast with chocolate and some weird-ass spices. Haha, safe to say that I'm not going back. Ever.

Back