• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
Years
how do i get WiFi on my DS?

im gonna get a nintendo DS (and pearl) soon, and im just curious, but does the WiFi come with the DS? or do i have to get it separately?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
If you have wireless internet, like Clearwire, you can get it for free. If not, you have to go to the store and but a USB connector for it.

It won't work on Vista, yet, so if you have XP, you should be fine with the connector.

Horo

Wither Within My Sight
Years
I can't connect cos it keeps saying my SSID isn't confirmed.

Whats that mean

Dave-o-rama

If you are a false don't entry
Years
If you have wireless internet, like Clearwire, you can get it for free. If not, you have to go to the store and but a USB connector for it.

It won't work on Vista, yet, so if you have XP, you should be fine with the connector.

thanks! *hopes he can remember*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The suggested price of the Nintendo USB connectors is about $35 US.

donpatchi-risu

おおきりす
Years
why won't it work???

i currently live in a house built on wi-fi, My dad worked on the 802.11 spec, and we have in industrial capacity router, and a whole bunch of wi-fi toys (spectrum analyser, ect..), but at the end of the day, MY DS WONT WORK WITH IT. i think the problem is in the router, the DS wont connect, even with security off!! its an experemental industrial router, made by Extracom, the Israeli start up company my dad works for. it should connect to it like any other router, the Wii did, but the spectrum analyser says it keeps sending the same packet over and over again. if anyone else knows what 2 do let me know, thanks in advance,.... i guess

donpatchi-risu

おおきりす
Years
Forget about my last post, i found a lynksys that does A,B&G in my basement, and the ds works with it just fine, but the phone and microwave interfere (no big :D)
dont ya hate 2.4 gig phones? they dont share like 802.15 does.
(bluetooth)

Shiraishi

Orz
Years
I checked nintendowifi.com and there is nothing about this.

I've been battling a lot over the past few weeks and suddently my wi-fi connector just stops lighting up, I un-installed the regristation tool and tried to re-install it. Apparently it says 'Please put in the wi-fi USB connector' and its already in my USB port. Obviously, my internet is fine. Has anyone experienced the same problem? If so, please post solutions..I dont wanna be kicked outta my clan D:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
Can anybody help me with this?

I have a router that isn't in either the compatible or the incompatible list of Nintendo WiFi page (It's a D-Link, though). Note that it doesn't identify the IP Address by its own, I have to enter it manually. I tried and could trade normally the first day. After that, it sometimes manages to enter a few moments, then gets disconnected. Also, most of the time I test the connection it's fine. It's when I connect through Diamond. I have tried taking the FireWall away and everything, but I don't know what else to try. Can this be a router problem? Strangely, I have never had any problems at all when playing Metroid Prime Hunters.

Another thing: If I buy the USB thing, will I have problems about the IP Address or the inability to connect or is it something completely apart that ALWAYS works. I don't want to waste my money.

Years
OK I just got my DS and I need to set up my WiFi, but I don't see any settings or anything on my DS startup screen for WiFi.

I want to use my wireless connection from my house, by the way, not hotspots or anything just yet. Thanks.

Bitter.

Years
where do i go on nintendowifi.com?

EDIT: nevermind i got it set up :) thanks for the link. i navigated my way around and got the info i needed. thanks!

Last edited:

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
Years
  • Age 115
  • I
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
Isn't my problem, but a friends.
When she connects to her router through her Wii it works fine but with her DS it doesn't work at all, any ideas?

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I had a Question that is REALLY bugging me. I keep getting "Error code # 52000 Unable to Obtain IP Address" Ive been doing research on NintendoWiFi.com, but I come up with nothing. I have NO CLUE what to do, and it really bothers me... I have Wireless router, Ive got everything I should need Im sure... Anyone help?

My Wi-Fi is working now. Haha...

Last edited:

Zet

Years
hey guys and girls, I've found a program that monitors nintendo's wifi server but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it but it's called WFCStatus, it should be the first link in google if you search for it

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Problems

Yeah I get a connection status of ok when I connected to my router but for some reason pokemon says "connection failed" I just dont get it. I have a belkin54g router and I'd love to play on the wifi stuff help plz? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back