• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Z: Online SRPG game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Beautiful screenshots btw. Good luck on your project.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
would you only be able to be one poke through the whole game? and would there be quests and such and a story?

You start out as a baby, but you're given another Character slot - that one can be any Pokemon you find an egg for - and hatch.

As for the Story, we aren't sure yet - but it will revolve heavily around the mysterious Unknowns ^^ (Hence the single letter in the title).

Also, it technically is a download, because you have to install Byond to play it - it's our provider.

Except for the Pokemon Sprites - everything is made by me from scratch (the tiles, the objects, the attacks etc).

UPDATE: It was hosted yesterday, and I got a little screenshot. The blurriness is due to me liking to play on zoom x4 lol.

2d7avb6.png

I'll be nice and show a second one c:

14e1a54.png

As of right now, the game is fully playable Online - but only the first Island is available. If we can find a good enough 24/7 host - I'll make it Closed Beta for selective people to enjoy for about a week or two, and take it from there.

Rexo

Rexo
Years
Pretty nice game, I think. Good luck with it. Looking forward to the playable online game.
See ya!

Liraxus

Local Douchebag
Years
You start out as a baby, but you're given another Character slot - that one can be any Pokemon you find an egg for - and hatch.

As for the Story, we aren't sure yet - but it will revolve heavily around the mysterious Unknowns ^^ (Hence the single letter in the title).

Also, it technically is a download, because you have to install Byond to play it - it's our provider.

Except for the Pokemon Sprites - everything is made by me from scratch (the tiles, the objects, the attacks etc).

UPDATE: It was hosted yesterday, and I got a little screenshot. The blurriness is due to me liking to play on zoom x4 lol.

2d7avb6.png

I'll be nice and show a second one c:

14e1a54.png

As of right now, the game is fully playable Online - but only the first Island is available. If we can find a good enough 24/7 host - I'll make it Closed Beta for selective people to enjoy for about a week or two, and take it from there.

1-Does it need Download?
2-If it dosen't, can i have the link to it? (Forgive me if your posted it, i guess i didn't see it.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Guys you gotta download byond to play the game (if that answers the question of those who asked). From there you just click on my signature and join when it's up.

Updates: Game's running smooth! Lots of updates have been made and bugs have been fixed.

Hopefully we'll be open testing all next week - video to come soon also!

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
It's a beta, the game's far from being done. But it will be up indefinetly with a 24/7 host. We have all of the components to host a playable game though, so don't be afraid to log on and check it out!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
It's a beta, the game's far from being done. But it will be up indefinetly with a 24/7 host. We have all of the components to host a playable game though, so don't be afraid to log on and check it out!

I already did and it's fun but the part of the right side of the screen got cutoff on my monitor.

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Downloading Byond... Looks AWESOME! Although I'm not good with isnometric games XP

Also, how come I can't connect to the server? I connected once... but now I can't!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
We found a bad bug that has to do with the battle system, and now we have to take some extreme measures to fix it, it'll be down for a while. Sorry guys.

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Aww man! ...may you tell me what is wrong with it please?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
Aww man! ...may you tell me what is wrong with it please?

To get into it technically, there's an infinite loop that we never fixed, only ignored. Now the coder realized how bad it is, and has to recode some stuff as a whole.

That's why it'll be down for a while.

BUT! Once it's back up, we'll have a new underwater themed map, with it's own set of quests and new Pokemons + Dungeon Boss.

To stay in touch further, here's our website: http://pokemonz.ipbfree.com/index.php?

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
These are the things I would like to see more of, Well done, get far with this project, can't wait for the finished product (beta/alpha).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back