• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The One-In-Each Challenge

Years
This sounds like an awesome challenge. I'll do this alongside my Black Nuzlocke run.

Name: MareBear
Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black
Types: No preferences

I probably won't update much, but I'll try. And if you can give me Pokes that I can get before the third gym, that would be much appreciated! =]

Years
This sounds like an awesome challenge. I'll do this alongside my Black Nuzlocke run.

Name: MareBear
Games: Red, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black
Types: No preferences

I probably won't update much, but I'll try. And if you can give me Pokes that I can get before the third gym, that would be much appreciated! =]

Pokemon you get before the 3rd gym in each region? Okay, how about this:
RED: Ekans -> Arbok (available before Cerulean)
CRYSTAL: Phanphy -> Donphan (available south of Blackburn city, but able to get before 1st gym. Before Cherrygrove even)
EMERALD: Whismur -> Exploud
PLATINUM: Cranidos -> Rampardos (or Buneary -> Lopunny if that isn't possible)
BLACK: Pansage -> Simisage

Well there we go, hope that's all good. And remember, 1 redraw!

While I'm here, I may as well give an update on my Leaf Green run with Exeggutor:
-defeated rockets all 4 times in the game now, beaten all gyms up to 6th
-caught 30 different pokemon so I could get the Itemfinder, get some PP Ups for later in the game
-about to head to Cinnabar from Pallet Town

KANTO the Exeggutor
images

Female, Mild
level 64
Chlorophyll
Confusion
Solarbeam
Return
Leech Seed

Years
Thanks mamoswineftw! I started Red already and after completing the intro stuff and obtaining my first badge, I just captured my Ekans (named Joker) for this run. I won't do much in the way of updating besides where I am in the game and screenshots of my team.

Right now, I'm outside of Cerulean City, about to train Joker for upcoming battles.

JokerI.png
JokerII.png

X8D

Oh My gawd!
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
Name: X8D
Games: FR,HG,Emerald,Platinum and Black
Types:Fire,Fire,Grass,Grass and Fire

Zeus2398

God
Years
X8D, you get, depending on whether or not you can hack:

Kanto: Growlithe (If you can hack) OR Machop (If you can't)
Johto: Misdreavus (If you can) OR Caterpie (If you can't)
Hoenn: Solrock (If you can) OR Poochyena (If you can't)
Sinnoh: Tangela (If you can) OR Gastly (If you can't)
Unova: Tynamo (If you can) OR Woobat (If you can't)

If you can hack, use the left, if you can't, use the right. Don't just pick favourites, or else.....

Arnold

...?
Years
Hoenn Final Update.

-Managed to defeat all Gym Leaders.
-Defeated Elite Four once and took on Steven and any left over trainers.
-Completed Trick House and as many match calls as possible.
-After a long time, Swampert reached Level 100 after fighting the Elite Four over and over again.

Sorry for the inactivity but I totally got backtracked but now I can continue. I guess I will try to start Sinnoh but I will change my game for Diamond because my Platinum is being used for another challenge. Let's see the first opportunity I have to catch Burmy is around the time I'm in Flaroma Town by using a Honey Tree. Burmy has many kinds of evolutions but it will depend on gender between Mothim and Wormadam and my preference if it's female.

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald.png
    Pokemon Emerald.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Pokemon Emerald1.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald1.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Pokemon Emerald2.PNG
    Pokemon Emerald2.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
I just realized that I can't hack pokemon in for diamond and white.. could I get a redraw in those?

X8D

Oh My gawd!
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
Take in Gastly and Solosis respectively

Years
Kanto is done! I just got Joker to level 100 after 9 battles against the Elite Four. Kanto was super easy and I didn't have much trouble with this at all. However, it was still very enjoyable nonetheless. Anyway, I'll start with Phanpy/Donphan as soon as I can on Crystal. And here are my last two pics of Joker at level 100:

Joker100I.png
Joker100II.png

Last edited:
Years
Name: Tsukuyomi13
Games: LeafGreen, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, Black.
Monotype: Dark, will have to cheat for first 2 maybe. and can i request that the pokemon is found in the region except kanto less its eevee)

Zeus2398

God
Years
Ah, a dark mono, huh? Nice, nice. Heres the pokes:

Kanto: Eevee (must evolve to Umbreon)
Johto: Larvitar
Hoenn: Seedot
Sinnoh: Sneasel
Unova: Pawniard (Hack it in early)

Pretty good, I must say *Claps*

Arnold

...?
Years
From where I am, there's only two Honey Trees (Floaroma Meadow and Valley Windworks). My first try resulted in a male Combee and nothing in the other. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Years
Hm not bad but some are a bit difficult to get.
Eevee is in Celadon and will have to wait till i get all three badges to get.
Larvitar is near Mt. Silver.
Seedot- i can get.
Sneasel- more difficult since have to wait till after the 6th for the snow city (too lazy to look up) in order to get it and might be difficult to hack in.
Pawnaird- might be difficult to hack.

Hacking is usually no trouble but my DS's L and R buttons don't work and Desmune has to have short codes or it will freeze but I'll see what i can do first before i use my redo thing.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I think you can ask for new ones without using your redraw in your situation, as you cant possibly get them early enough (especially Sneasel and Pawniard).
+ Eevee cant evolve to Umbreon in FR/LG at all, so its not an option in those games :I

Edit:
Im going to sign up for this. My Leaf Green is who knows where, and Soul Silver and White are occupied by my brother and me respectively, so ill start on Diamond once i get my Pokemon

Name: Jespoke
In Game: Solo/Solo Guy
Games: Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Emerald (emulator), Diamond, White
Monotype: No

Notes:
No bug types thank you (I've used them all in my recent Bug Monotype)
I can only hack for Emerald and Diamond
In Leaf Green, if you really want to give me my Pokemon before Mt Moon's exit: Give me Pikachu, because I've used the rest a million times before :I

Last edited:

Zeus2398

God
Years
I-I thought, maybe he could hack, or something, because Dark is a hard type to work with...

Anyway, I started my file, starting with Chimchar, forgetting to name it *Facepalm*. It should be called Fire, so, yeah.... I just mashed A so many times the it did that, so, yeah, awkward! Oops, wrong challenge!

Jespoke, you take:

Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Wooper
Hoenn: Makuhita
Sinnoh: Bidoof
Unova: Pansage

OMG, lucky, you got pokemon that are good and early. I use random sprite generator for this :P Heres the link, if you really want:
http://www.dragonflycave.com/newspritegen.aspx
I did it in this form cuz I actually dunno how to do the shorter version XD

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Can i redraw hoenn and sinnoh? I really dont like Bibarel and Hariama, and those are the games that are going to take the longest time to finish so...

Years
I guess I'll hop on. I lost my version of White, so I need something to do while I find the money to replace it. :'(

Name: Poopnate

GenI - Leaf Green
GenII - Crystal (emulated)
GenIII - Emerald (emulated if I can't find my old copy)
GenIV - Platinum
GenV - White (when I can replace it)

Monotype - NO!

For LG, I can NOT hack, so if it is something late in the game, could I please get a Redraw until I get something that's possible without using my usual Redraw?

Edit: I decided I'll do my own list using the Random Generator that Zeus linked (thank you :) ). My list is:

LG: NidoranF
Crystal: Hoothoot
Emerald: Mudkip
Platinum: Turtwig
White: Venipede

If my list doesn't seem legit, feel free to give me a new one. I won't be very far at all with any of the games, so I don't mind starting over. :P I wouldn't mind a Flying Monotype if you give me a new list, but if you don't, I'll just go Non-Monotype with the list I have. :P

Last edited:
Back