• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Bonds (MMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Hi, me and my staff team waited a few extra days to post our game on the forums because we had to add a few more things into the game.

We decided to start this project because we had lots of ideas for a new gaming experience.Yes I love Pokemon Anime a lot and I wish to make this game realistic as possible in many ways(referring to anime experience?)Sure there are many Pokemon games both made by Fans or GameFreak but most don't have trainer type of games that give you the ability to control your Pokemon both inside battles and outside battles.Yes a few people's projects had this possible in their games but either no English, private, not exactly what you expect, or even discontinued.We have big plans and have been working on multiple things due to having a small staff team for now.I give respect to all Pokemon MMO makers. ^^

Here are screenshots/videos and will be updated when more progress is made:

This was the first screenshot.There are a lot more Unova Pokemon made and being made.Too much Pokemon in one small map = crazy ha ha.
iaza19065179764700.bmp

Remaking/fixing sprites and tilesets to blend in with each other
iaza19065117849300.bmp

As you can see I am not a good mapper and I had to map since the other staff members were busy ha ha.

There are emoticons made and more sprite animations such as waving hello ect but will be on videos in the future when ready.

Staff members:(Positions)

Erosu mou - Project Leader and Graphics Artist.
Inferno - Scripter, Graphics Artist, Music Producer, and Mapper.
Darktwo - Project Leader and Mapper.
Kill2506 - Mapper.
James133 - Mapper.

CREDITS:

Mr.Mo - ABS.
Valentine - Netplay Master v4 creator.
Shocks - Netplay Master support.
Twinsen - Netplay Master support.
Cidiomar - Netplay Master support.
Fukuyama - Caterpillar script.
Heretic - Flate Sprite Fix script.
Blizzard - Helping me understand RMX-OS.
Burresgate - Help with Unova PMD Sprites.
Sz64- Help with Unova PMD Sprites.
GameFreak - Everything about Pokemon.

Recruitment:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284170

Last edited:

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
Years
Wow, this game really caught my attention. Good luck on making improvements and completing it. Also,

I'm wondering why you guys use PMD sprites as people's Pokemon, though. Shouldn't you guys use the Pokemon Sprites from Pokemon HGSS? I'm not trying to imply that it's bad to use PMD sprites, but in my opinion I think a lot of the Pokemon I see in the screenshots really "stick out" compared to the trainer sprites in there. The BW sprites, I think, look fine though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
This looks really great - it's a nice idea you guys have. I'll definitely try it out once it's done (Or a demo is out).

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
We are using PMD sprites because the Pokemon will be used to fight in battles real-time instead of the turned based trainer battles.Also because I created/creating animations such as emotions(example dancing when very happy.) Unique HM animations and special move animations like Pikachu's Iron tail.Some of that stuff is already made but will be put onto a video later on.

Nijiri

Manectric Fangirl.
Years
We are using PMD sprites because the Pokemon will be used to fight in battles real-time instead of the turned based trainer battles.Also because I created/creating animations such as emotions(example dancing when very happy.) Unique HM animations and special move animations like Pikachu's Iron tail.Some of that stuff is already made but will be put onto a video later on.

Oh, you made some good points there. I can't wait to see the video once that's done, too.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
is this still active? becuase i hope not it looks really nice and would like to see done me and my friends would love to play something like this

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Ha ha it is still being worked on.Just that the other/new staff members wish for me to hold on from the screenshots and videos because we are doing a few nice things and like to show in bunches.I thought the 2 month no reply thing would be closed so I stayed quiet until another release of information.Sorry for the months of no news feed. x)
We are having huge discussions with the project and doing huge moving with the progress.Don't worry~~
We put/are putting a lot of effort into this game so we have no thoughts of disowning this project.<3

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
I'm just hoping this isn't like other MMO's like Monster Ranch, where their servers are so poor, they can't even afford proper walking movement like Pokemon Mystery Universe.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This thread is just over the revival limit (two months). Please take a look at the rules before continuing to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back