• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Slow Learner Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Update Time! I need to pick up the pace if I ever want to finish this challenge.

• Went to Route 2 to get HM 5 Flash
  • Headed to Route 11 to train before going to Lavender Town
  • Started down Route 9 without trading in the Bike Voucher for the bike (I'm too lasy to head back down there)
  • Saved my game at the Pokecenter on Route 10
Sorry for the small update, I just wanted to post SOME progress instead of none.

That's funny, Necrum. "Dragon Rage the crap out of it."

Current Team
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Bought the Dratini... Fought Whitney's Clefairy... Metronome... Roar of freaking Time! I hate my life...

Update time!

-Journeyed through Ilix Forest, and got HM01 Cut
-Entered Route 34
-Recruited Drowzee
-Recruited Ditto
-Sweeped Route 34
-Entered Goldenrod City
-Sweeped Tunnel
-Entered Route 35
-Sweeped Route 35
-Caught Scyther in Bug Catching Contest
-Boxed Scyther
-Spent way too much time at the Game Corner
-Bought Dratini
-Bought Abra
-Boxed Abra
-Finally defeated Whitney

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Wow. Roar of Time with Clefairy. That's the ultimate in rape. Although, time for another short team update before Eterna Forest.

Team Zero

Spr_4d_388.png

Terra (Grotle) Lv. 21 @ Nothing
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Rock Smash, Absorb, Razor Leaf

Spr_4d_418_m.png

Ven (Short for Ventus) (Buizel) Lv. 20 @ Nothing
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Growl, Water Sport, Quick Attack, Water Gun

For those who didn't notice it, I'm using the names of the three main playable characters from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Other than that, I'm only using Pokemon I've never used in a challenge on Pearl yet.​

Years
Ok, I wanted to get this in last night before I fell asleep but pokecommunity was having this backup session. I have been working on Crystal version all week in my spare time (which isn't that much, mind you). My sister is in for the weekend so I won't have much time to play.

Pokemon Crystal Update

Number of Badges: 3

*Started game, named myself Silver (Because I like silver)
*Did the whole "Find Oak at Mr. Pokemon House" skit
*Started to really fight as many pokemon as I could. Got Clyde (my Totodile) up to lvl. 10
*Fought Rival and named him Gold (As a counterpart to silver)
*Started capturing pokemon and training them. Caught a Pidgey (Anna), Geodude (Taylor), and Caterpie (Clemon, who I evolved to a metapod at Lvl. 8 and a Butterfree at Lvl. 10)
*Fought my way to Violet City and caught a Bellsprout (No nickname), which I traded for an Onix named ROCKY.
*Went through Sprout Tower for training and defeated everyone
*Defeated Falkner quick and painlessly
*started to catch some pokemon after the gym fight: Allen the Ekans, Sam the Sandshrew, Cecil the Zubat, Hopper the Hoppip. I boxed all of these
*Caught a shiny Hoppip (No kidding at all either), named it Shiny, and learned that it is basically useless for this challenge (Look at the moves when I post them)
*Ran Team Rocket into the ground at Slowpoke Well as well as capturing a Slowpoke myself
*Defeated Azelea town gym and Bugsy. Clyde evolved into Croconaw.
*Ran into my rival and beat him down
*Went through Ilex forest (like a boss)
*Finally got to Goldenrod City and did some more training, Resulting in Anna evolving into a Pidgeotto and Shiny evolving into a Skiploom.
*Fought my way through to Witney, only to lose my first time (I made the idiot move of letting Rollout get too many turns in, which destroyed my whole team). Defeated her the second time with Anna using Sand-Attack to stop all attacks.
*Grabbed the bike from the bike store
*Gained the egg from the Daycare man and ran around for (Literally) 40 minutes to get the dang thing to hatch into a Tyrogue.
*Started to train the poor thing (after saving it). Had to turn it off and retry the training around 8 times before I got it to evolve into a Hitmontop.
*Did the bug-Catching contest and caught a Scyther (Cutter)
*Caught a SudoWoodo (Amon) on my way to Ecruteak City, where I finally got Bill to go back to his house.
*Followed Bill back and received an Eevee, which I put in the daycare with a Ditto for all the baby Eevee!

Current Pokemon Team:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Good to have you Medlis. I hope you're enjoying your Smeargle!

I have been fairly busy lately with my life and my Trade Shop, but should be making progress on my Challenge soon. I'm trying to grind for Lvl 20 before heading to Ecruteak City. I have a feeling that Ghosts are going to be difficult.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Sorry for my lack of updating. Can't find time for challenges because of school.

• Taught Paras Flash for Rock Tunnel
  • Caught a Machop in Rock Tunnel
  • Left Rock Tunnel and went back to Cerulean City for the bike
  • Went back to Rock Tunnel and made it through
  • Arrived in Lavender Town
  • Caught a Vulpix on Route 8
  • Arrived in Celedon City and saved.
Current Team

Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

I'll try to find some time for the challenge over the weekend.

Years
I'm enjoying the Smeargle so far, bout to start EV training him after I finish with my Zorua.
Only have Trapinch, Squirtle and Roselia to train after that. Then I start on my Trick Room Team, Rain Dance Team and Gym Leader team. ^_^'

Going be posting my the entire progress for my challenge here.
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not joining, just wanted to remind you guys that double posting is not allowed. If you need to update and you're the last poster, you need to edit your post instead. If a month goes by and you're still the last poster, you're allowed to double post only then. Thanks! Hope you're all having fun. :)

Years
Ok, it has been quite a few days so I am not going to remember all the things I done but here is my update!

Pokemon Crystal

Number of Badges: 7

*I spent time nurturing some Eevee babies I got and evolved 1 into an Umbreon (Ben) and one into an Espeon (Jerry)
*Went through Burned Tower and finally got Morty back to his gym
*Fought Morty at the Gym and won thanks to Ben's Pursuit
*Grind a little and then ran to the lighthouse so I could help Jasmine
*After gaining a Good Rod, I went to catch a few pokemon and fill the first box
*Surfed down to Cianwood City, where I received the Secret Potion
*Fought Eusene after seeing Suicune
*Won against Chuck at his gym after an Poliwrath's Dynamic Punch Missed (All thanks to luck cause I only had Clyde left and no potions)
*Swam back to Olivine and gave Jasmine the Secret Potion
*Fought her at her gym and won pretty easily
*Went to Mohagany Town and captured the Red Gyarados (Rage)
*Fought Team Rocket and destroyed their plans
*Fought and defeated Pryce and a good session of grinding
*Went to Goldenrod City and destroyed Rockets plans there
*Went to Tin Tower and Captured Suicune (Anemoi)

Current Pokemon Team
Spoiler:

I will be working on the challenge a little later today so I might update this.

EDIT:

Ok, time for a huge update! I have spent all morning (starting around 8 am this morning, which is 10 hours ago) and only really stopped playing for class (which was a 2 hour 20 minutes all together) and necessities (around 1 hour 30 minutes all together) to play crystal version today and finish up the Johto side of Pokemon Crystal.

Pokemon Crystal

Number of Badges: 8 and defeated Pokemon League once

*After Catching Suicune, I found the dojo master at Mt. Mortar and grabbed another Tyrogue.
*Evolved it into a Hitmonlee and bred it for other pokemon (Specifically, 2 Tyrogues with Egg Moves, 2 Hitmonlee, 1 "pure' and 1 that has Rapid Spin, 1 Hitmontop with Hi Jump Kick and 1 Hitmonchan without Egg Moves)
*started to train my pokemon for the fight with Clair after switching Ian (my Hitmontop) with Tigre (my Hitmonchan)
*Went through Clair's gym and wiped her out pretty quickly thanks to a combination of Tigre's Ice Punch and Thunder Punch, Rage's Twister and Anna's Sand-Attack
*Went through the Dragon's Den and received the Extreme Speed Dratini (Emilia)
*Ran around and fixed up a few loose ends (getting another pokeball from Kurt, collecting items from people who were calling me and battling them)
*Went to Victory Road and trained to get my pokemon to Level 50
*Fought Gold again and defeated him with ease
*Started to sell items so I could buy better ones
*Finally went in and defeated Will on the first try with Ben's Pursuit, Tigre's Thunder Punch and Rage's Thrash
*Had a little bit of trouble with Koga because all his pokemon kept poisoning mine but I was able to defeat his pokemon without any of mine dying (and losing around 15 full heals...)
*Bruno was no problem thanks to Clyde, Tigre, Rage and Anna.
*Karen was also easy to fight thanks to her inability to hit my pokemon half the time and my pokemon being faster.
*Lance was also a cheap challenge thanks to type advantages and lowered accuracy.

Final team for Johto Side:
Spoiler:

Now it is time for me to start my Kanto side adventure!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Kanto side isn't really necessary, but you're free to challenge it if you want. I may add an additional honor for people who defeat Red/Other Post Story Powerful Trainers, but the challenge is complete when the Champion is defeated, so congratulations on stepping up the ladder, and becoming a Slow Learner Associate!

Years
Oh, I didn't know it was optional so I've played for a few extra hours and finished Kanto side, as well as a few extras.

*Took the S.S. Aqua to Vermillion City for my first time in Kanto in the game and defeated everyone on it (mostly with Emilia).
*Right after I got off, I went to the gym and defeated Surge with only Emilia (Dragonair)
*Without wasting time, I ran up Route 6 and into Saffron City, where I challenged the gym
*After defeating Sabrina, Emilia evolved into a Dragonite
*I ran to Celadon City next, where I defeated Erika's gym with Anna (Pidgeot).
*I then went to Cerulean City and down to the Power Plant to learn about their problems
*Went back to Cerulean and into the gym, where I encountered Rocket member
*Defeated him on Nugget Bridge and went back to get the part
*Went back to Power Plant and received the TM for Zap Cannon (Not that it matters)
*Back up Nugget Bridge and through that route to finally get Misty back to her gym
*Finally fought Misty and defeated her pretty easily with Tigre's Thunder Punch and Ice Punch
*Went to Lavender Town and received Radio Card
*Down Silence Bridge (Route 12) and into Fuchsia City after searching for a Chansey to trade for the Aerodactyl.
*Over to the gym and the same easy defeat against Janine
*Fly back to Vermillion City and into Diglett Tunnel to go to Pewter City (I accidentally defeated the Snorlax)
*Found the guy who gives you the Silver Wing and then off to the gym for another win (this time with only Clyde)
*Down through Viridian City, Pallet Town and finally down to the ruined Cinnabar Island, where I found Blue lazing around. Forced him back to his gym after a small amount of talk
*Went to Seafoam Island and defeated Blaine with Rage (Gyarados)
*Back to Viridian City and into my fight with Blue, which was the most challenging one I had (which isn't saying much) but I was able to overcome him by using all my pokemon without any casualties.
*Went to Pallet Town to show off my badges to Oak and get him to open Mt. Silver
*Back to the Pokemon League to defeat them all again

*after reappearing at home, I went to Whirl Islands to capture Lugia
*After that, I went on a search for Raikou
*After such an easy catch, I went after Entei. After spending around 3 hours of searching, resetting, and cursing I finally captured him. His Roar caused me so much frustration.
*Grabbing all three of the Legendary Dogs finally allowed me to get the Rainbow Wing from the monk at Tin Tower.
*Went through Tin Tower with a Repel so I could quickly get to Ho-oh, which I captured with my Master Ball (which I originally forgot I had) after almost defeating it many times (Recover was really the only thing that kept it alive)
*After all the festivities of finally getting the pokemon, I went to Mt. Silver to find and fight Red
*Starting off with Emilia against his Pikachu, I had a little trouble with it's dang Thunderbolt but luckily it only used it once before I could defeat it with 2 Extreme Speeds.
*Onto his Espeon, I switched out to Ben and defeated after using Flash, Tail Whip and Pursuit.
*Snorlax was his biggest annoyance as it defeated both Ben and Rage with little damage to itself (thanks to a critical hit Body Slam after Rest) but I defeated it Tigre's Strength
*Blastoise was sent out next and defeated Tigre after 1 hit, but cause very little damage to Clyde as I Raged it to death
*He then chose Charizard and I defeated him with 1 surf but lost Clyde to Venasaur. After sending out Anna, who kept missing attacks for some reason, I just revived Ben and Emilia so I could defeat it. After using Sand-Attack a few times for no hits, I switched to Ben for the finishing hit.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Now I am off to play Pokemon Emerald Version

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Congratulations! I honestly didn't expect someone to have the patience to defeat Red by these requirements. Also, I clearly stated in the first post that the goal was to defeat the Elite Four and Champion. Once Mavy42's back to doing requests, I'll have him make you something nice.

Years
Congratulations! I honestly didn't expect someone to have the patience to defeat Red by these requirements. Also, I clearly stated in the first post that the goal was to defeat the Elite Four and Champion. Once Mavy42's back to doing requests, I'll have him make you something nice.

I considered Red the bigger (and better) part of this challenge. Sorry if I sounded ignorant there. Red was actually a big challenge but he wasn't impossible to beat with stat reducers and status ailments. I'm just glad I chose Crystal to fight him on and not HeartGold or SoulSilver @.@ He seems extremely tough on those games.

EDIT:

School was pretty easy and didn't have much to do after it so I was able to get pretty far into the Emerald. Sorry if I do not put something big down as I have been playing all week and didn't really think to update it as I go along!

Pokemon Emerald

Number of Badges: 5

Spoiler:

Current Team:

Spoiler:

I may change these moves later but right now, these are the final moves.

EDIT:

Another slow-ish week so I was able to finish Emerald.

Number of Badges: 8 and defeated Elite Four

Spoiler:

Final Team:
Spoiler:

I don't plan to start Platinum for a little while.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm done running this thread. If anyone wants to take over this challenge, you are more than welcome to, but I'm done. Moderators, shut it down!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Locked by request. If anyone wants to take over, feel free to either PM me about having the ownership transferred to you, or you can just make a completely new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back