• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Editing Events in AdvanceMap (Noob tutorial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
This tutorial explains how you can make events in Advance Map (Not how to edit text or make scripts), such as an eternally respawning item, make someone else say and/or do what another person/sign in the game does, making warps, and making hidden items. Most of these techniques aren't really that important, but, they do majorly help if you're trying to put certain people or rare items in another part of the game.

First and foremost, if you want to make an event from scratch, go down to the list that shows number of Warps, Scripts, Signposts, and people, and change the number(s) to the one you want, re-point, and follow the steps below. (Make sure to have the Show sprites button toggled so that it shows the event by its type, marked with a letter.)

To make a person say or do what another person does, you have to find the person you want to "copy" and copy all of the data (unknowns, Script offset, People ID) to another person, be it that you edited them or made them from scratch. If it worked right, that person should now do or say the exact same thing as the one you copied. This technique also can be used to make pokeball items appear in places they weren't before. And, if you want a pokeball item to respawn forever and ever, you might need to change either the first unknown variable to "00", or the people ID to "0000". Best advised to play around with it to find out how it affects different pokeball items.

The exact same can be said for Signpost events, which are also sometimes hidden items. Only problem is, you can't make a hidden item respawn forever.

If you want to edit Warps, find the Bank/Map (The number before the "." and the number after the ".") of the map you want the warp to lead to and paste it into the Warp's Bank/Map data. (Useful for looking ahead to check areas you edited later on in the game)

That was educational, wasn't it? No? Well, hope it has helped anyway.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
@ qeustions

uuum if i want to make a new map in littleroot. you know it already has 6 others.

1= the whole map of littleroot itself
2= the inside of your own house
3= the 2nd floor of your own house
4= the inside of May's house
5= the 2nd floor of May's house
6 = Pro. Birches Lab

Now here comes the qeustion "if i want to make a 7th map how do i do that?"
Or can i not do this?

I am using advance map thx in advance!!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
uuum if i want to make a new map in littleroot. you know it already has 6 others.

1= the whole map of littleroot itself
2= the inside of your own house
3= the 2nd floor of your own house
4= the inside of May's house
5= the 2nd floor of May's house
6 = Pro. Birches Lab

Now here comes the qeustion "if i want to make a 7th map how do i do that?"
Or can i not do this?

I am using advance map thx in advance!!!

This has nothing to do with the tutorial. You could post it in the simple questions.
But if you meant for the warp part you can make one more warp with AM and make it lead to a new map.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
Hi, i have a problem, ive added a new house to pallet town and ive made it so it can warp you to the interior of a house in viridian, everything works fine BUT the problem is that when i get out of the house, it spawns m in viridian and not pallet, how do i make it spawn me in pallet?

Hedgehogger

Years
Needed do i, i want to make an Extra Warp in Prof. Birch Lab. and i really don't understand it.

I could help you with the warp, but, does it warp to an existing map, or to one you created from scratch?

Hi, i have a problem, ive added a new house to pallet town and ive made it so it can warp you to the interior of a house in viridian, everything works fine BUT the problem is that when i get out of the house, it spawns m in viridian and not pallet, how do i make it spawn me in pallet?

You would need to change the bank/map of the warps in the house to match those of Pallet Town's, and not Viridian City's.

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2009
I'm using advancemap, I have a meowth and I want to edit the script offset but I don't know how to. Can someone please help?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I'm using advancemap, I have a meowth and I want to edit the script offset but I don't know how to. Can someone please help?

In events view tab, click on a person and at the right of the window change the offset.

bobpickle

Beginner Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Dont mean to be a bother

How do I create new scripts for the new events i have created?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
When working in pallet town, I moved the scripts for when oak takes you to his lab. But when you walk in to them he appears at the origanal spot and the hero walks through the trees.

Hedgehogger

Years
When working in pallet town, I moved the scripts for when oak takes you to his lab. But when you walk in to them he appears at the origanal spot and the hero walks through the trees.

Did you edit the map at all? That may be why he walked through the tree. If you want to change Oak's movements, you'll have to edit his script using Raw Code. (PM Christos or another experienced scripter to learn about it.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
hi, I have a few questions.
1. i have some made from scratch maps and i dont know how to join them together,
2. how do i create warp points,
5. how do i put legendary pokemon into my maps,
4. how do i put things like cuttable trees into my maps.
could you help me with these please.

Hedgehogger

Years
hi, I have a few questions.
1. i have some made from scratch maps and i dont know how to join them together,
2. how do i create warp points,
5. how do i put legendary pokemon into my maps,
4. how do i put things like cuttable trees into my maps.
could you help me with these please.

1. When you say join them together, do you mean implement them into the game, or connect them together. To insert them, go to Insert Map, and put in the bank and map of where you want it to be. To connect them together, go to the connections of both maps, pick the direction they connect each other in, and put in the bank and map of the other map.

2. You create warp points by going to the Events menu, and change the number of warps to the number you want.

5. (WTF shouldn't this be 3?)Put legendary pokemon on your map by copying the offset of a legendary pokemon in the game, pasting it to a new event (Or already existing event) in place of the offset, and change the sprite number to make it the legendary pokemon you want it to look like.

4. Same as 5 (Or 3), only copy the tree's script offset and change the sprite into a tree.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
I can't find pokemon offsets were do i get them so i can create legendary battles and other things like that?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
hi, thanks for the tips before but i am still having trouble with connecting my maps. i have implemented them into my rom and connected them together in the order i want them to be in, but when i play the rom the maps are not connected? i am extemely new to hacking and I have probably missed out something obvious.
any suggestions will be a great help and once again thanks for the help before.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Have you checked the connection adjustment?
If you make it "0" then if the two connected maps have the same height or width they will be connected fine.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
i have checked the connection adjustment and i am not sure on exactly how to use it but i have tried a few different things and its not working
EDIT ok i have figured it out, but i have another question.
how do i make it so that when i warp out of a building into a town i come out of that building and not another one?

Last edited:

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
I have a few questions...

1. When I go to copy the cuttable tree data from another one on the road below Pewter City, the trees aren't there. The ROM was clean and had not been tampered with in anyway.

2. I tried to make an extra house in Pallet Town but in the game when I try to enter the house the screen goes black but the music is still playing. And yes I am 100% sure that the warps are set correctly.

3. I added more people to Pallet Town but I can't get them to say anything. I also can't find them in Advance Text. Am I supposed to copy another person from Pallet Town's script and then edit it in Advance Text?

4. How can I edit what Legendary Pokemon appears when I press A on it?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
this is a good little tut. Though before reading this I had added a new map a new gym and stuff to Pallet town (But gave after trying to get some of the scripting needed to work) But this is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back