• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gladiator Prison-(PG13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Since there hasn't been a full sign-up in a while, I suppose I should pass my judgment.

>To me Cyndaquasher seems like he should deserve the spot the most. His sigh-up was the best of them all and he really put the most effort in.

SupaJustin you still had 4 Pokemon, which would be a nuisance since the GM is planning on giving us 5 Pokemon battles, and you only have 4.

Tycho, unfinished SU, nuff said.

tim0789, although your history part was pretty good, Appearance and Personality were practically non-existant and cyndasquasher simply outdid you.

Peaceful Night, again, unfinished SU.

Unknown member who sent their SU through PM to Eos, your character was too close to Aos Aduro's, and we don't want there to be characters that are too similar in the rp, which is the main reason why I didn't accept you.

There, the deed is done, now we must sit still and wait for our GM to come back and start things up!

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Unknown member who sent their SU through PM to Eos, your character was too close to Aos Aduro's, and we don't want there to be characters that are too similar in the rp, which is the main reason why I didn't accept you.

Eh, you're right. I can accept that. And stop stalking this board.

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
Years
Oh, thanks for accepting me! Here's hoping our fearless leader comes back soon then!

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
The Fearless Leader returns! (Thanks Cyndaquasher, that made me laugh) Ok, sorry for the wait everyone, but I'm back so we'll be getting started right now. I'll get an OOC thread up sometime today, I'm a bit tired from my flight but I'll try! I want to straight away explain how the battles are going to work.

Battles are going to be held weekly, starting on Sundays and hopefully ending by Sundays. When finished send the whole back and forth list to me, I will condense it into a readable format and spolierize it. They will be between 2 members, and the members will be randomly chosen in pairs. The number of Pokemon used will be anywhere between 3 to 6, depending on timing and such. The way the battles should be done is that you write what your POKEMON does and exclude any dialogue that involves your character. If you want to show your characters reaction, it should be in a separate sentence. Here`s an example. RPer X and RPer Y are battling. X has a Charmander and Y has a Squirtle. Say X goes first, it should go like this.

X`s post:
Charmander leapt into the air, then tried to sledgehammer Squirtle with Iron Tail.

RPer X looked determined as he faced RPer Y. He knew he was at a disadvantage against a water type. He would have to be clever.

Y`s Post: Squirtle used Withdraw and got hit by the Iron Tail full on. He skidded across the battle field, and then popped out of his shell, ready for action. He blasted a Bubblebeam at Charmander.

RPer Y was intimidated by RPer X`s ferocity. He knew Squirtle could take it, but the pressure was on. One more loss and he was out a Pokemon.

So that's a brief example of how the exchange should go. You have to assume that whatever your Pokemon is doing, you order it to do. By splitting the two sections, from the actual Pokemon battle to the trainer, we save space and time. You won't need a trainer sentence every time you PM each other, just in key moments. There`s a few things to remember. First off, it's best to decide beforehand who is going to win. While this may seem to diminish the drama of the battle, it's important that you do this at the beginning or around halfway. If neither person is willing to back down, battles can get overly long and complicated as they try to best the other RPer. Another VERY important thing to do is ALWAYS work with what your opponent does. Whenever they attack, you have to incorporate that attack into your next post. Here`s an example of what not to do.

X's post: Charmander used Flamethrower directly at Squirtle.
Y's post: Squirtle used Bubblebeam at Charmander's tail!

You can see the issue, where did the Flamethrower go? You have to incorporate every move used for balance and flow. Now, the first match-ups are going to be as such

THIS WEEK'S BATTLE
Match-Ups:
Eos Aduro vs {Swan}
VIII.Bond of Flame.XIV vs Zeph
Cyndaquasher vs Zimvee

They will be 3 on 3, and since it's the first round I think I may extend the period of time for this one. First actual RP post now!

----------------------------------------------------

The tinny voice of the Warden echoed in Shaelin's ears as she sat on the uncomfortable metal slab in the submarine.

"You may be hesitant to participate in our program, but think of what you have to lose."

The last sentence hung in the air, a cloying fog between the trainers. Handcuffs kept them chained to the bench. Shaelin stared at the floor, deep in thought. There was nothing left to hope for, nothing left to do. Her body was safe inside the submarine, but her spirit had floated outside, and been crushed by the pressure. She was strong and independent, but this was a daunting task. She looked over at the other kidnapped trainers. She remembered their names from the brief exchanges they had in the submarine before sinking into this solemn silence. The young man next to her, Brent, was in the same state as her, hopeless shock. Beside him was the lankier Indian boy, Sahib. Past him, the youngest girl, Myrddin, who looked like she was holding back tears. Across from her were the two other boys, Bobby and Terry.

She knew despite their situation, there was no escaping them. She could try to be evasive in the Prison, but it would be in vain. She would still have to try to take what's rightfully theirs. Ironically, even though she hated the situation, taking other people's possessions was her greatest gift. She was a powerful battler, but she needed another tactic. She smirked cruelly to herself, her ego shining through her haze of despair. The situation was a pristine set-up; there were four boys, all roughly her age, and one other girl who didn't look like a threat right now. She could already see herself pulling the strings. Her plan developed as the submarine continued into the abyss towards the Gladiator Prison. It was iconic and almost foolproof if she could con them into falling for her. She would become the Damsel in Distress.

The submarine finally docked, and the huge dome of the Gladiator Prison shone with artificial light. It started small with the submarine dock, and then grew into a single huge dome, divided into two large areas. The first was the stage, where the battles would go down for the cruel spectators, and the second half farther down was a bio-dome, full of Pokemon to train against and capture. It then branched into two domes to the side; one was the trainer's quarters, with places for meals, the gym, and other small items. On the opposite side was a similar dome, where Team Rocket organized the miniature war under the water.

Shaelin gazed in awe at the grandeur of the Gladiator Prison; it was, in fact, glamorous. The furniture was all antique, wooden and cloth. She had expected metal and dirt, instead of gold and plush carpet. Even just at the entrance lounge she felt the pressure of the water, the pressure of the other trainers, and the pressure of the Warden. She felt like this was a decent time to start her Damsel in Distress scheme, seeing how she felt woozy. She promptly gave a little gasp, and fainted towards Sahib, hoping he would be quick enough to catch her.

Years
Sahib was annoyed. He was on a submarine to who knew where, and it pissed him off a bit. He shifted in his spot and stared up at the ceiling. A voice had said something moments previously, but Sahib hadn't really thought a whole lot about it. Seemed like an ominous threat, but Sahib didn't really care. He just wanted to get off this thing, because he sure as heck didn't plan on wasting his time wherever they were. Sahib hadn't even bothered with his handcuffs. It was obvious they weren't too keen on coming off anytime soon. He sighed and continued staring at the ceiling, wishing there was something a bit more interesting to at least past the time if he was being kidnapped.

Finally Sahib decided to look at the other people. There was a girl with a weird name...what was it? Shaelin, that was it. Then there was another guy next to her named Brent. They both sort of looked shocked. Sahib moved to the next girl seated beside him. Her name was also a bit different. It was Myrddin. She looked like she was going to cry. Sahib tried not to be annoyed at this. He looked at the other two boys as well, and then went back to entertaining himself with the ceiling. He tried to find patterns, but that didn't seem to work. Soon he grew bored of this, and began to think about their current situation and problem.

He figured he would need a plan. Something told him that this was going to test more than just his battling skills. Sahib looked around him, checking over the people in the room once more. Each of them held things in their eyes that Sahib couldn't quite place, and Sahib figured he was no different. Grunting softly as he shifted again, Sahib began to plan. He didn't think that becoming a threat would get him far in this case, but wasn't quite sure. Sahib thought about a television show he had seen once when he was a child. The strongest were always picked off first, but the clear problem was that everyone (if they were actually smart) would try to play the innocent and weak card. Sahib didn't like it. He shook his head slightly, deciding just to wait and see before he made his choice.

It seemed to take so long before they landed to wherever they were. They stepped off the sub, and the first thing Sahib saw was a huge dome. His eyes narrowed. It looked gigantic, and he wasn't quite sure if that was good for him or bad. Sahib decided it would be best just to be cautious about this whole thing at first. He followed the group just a little ways to the entrance lounge. Sahib was simply observing his surroundings, when suddenly that Shaelin girl gave a little gasp. Sahib had a split second to make sure he was the only one who could do anything, before he had to do something. Sahib inwardly sighed and grabbed her hand. It wasn't like he was going to go all majestic and wrap his arms around her or something.

He gazed at her cooly, figuring out exactly what she was doing. He wasn't stupid. "Watch your step," he said, letting go of her once he had made sure she wasn't going to suddenly hit the floor. Then he went back to looking around, pretending like nothing had just happened. He wasn't going to start getting close to people now.

Eos Aduro

Years
Shaelin stood, shocked at how quickly Sahib had discovered her. She blinked stupidly for a second, and then gulped. The others may still be easy prey, but this boy, no, this man, was going to be impossible to break. He knew what she was up to, and in all her years of experience conning, there was only two things to do when that happened, run, which wasn't an option here, or give the observant fool a slice of the action. This guy was serious, cold, the exact opposite that she was playing. They fit together like two pieces of a puzzle, even if the puzzles didn't match.

She tailed him for a little while, staying inconspicuous and following at a safe distance. She noticed a thin window of opportunity to talk to him without the others noticing. He stood with his back to a pillar. Shaelin swerved in front of him and grabbed his wrist in a tight hold, catching his attention but not hurting him. Despite the mammoth height difference she stared confidently into his eyes.

"That was a good catch back there Sahib. You know what I'm trying to pull, and I know that you won't try to stop me. But we're presented with an interesting situation. I've done my fair share of gambling in my day, and let me tell you something I've noticed. Two sides of a coin are always different, and you can never see both sides at the same time. However, the coin itself stands for the one thing, even with different sides. It stands for success, and I propose we become a coin. I will continue trying to woo the other boys, I will flirt, be the innocent, the weak. You on the other hand, could be the strong, the elusive, and the mysterious. You need to be a drifter, and attract that girl, distract her from her goal. You're a pretty cute one Sahib; if you weren't quite so smart I might go after you myself. Once I've got the boys and you've got the girl, we can dominate the battles until we can find a way out of here."

She let go of him and stalked off. If he wanted to work together, he would find her, if not, he would at least stay out of her way.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Myrddin had been having panic attacks since she could remember. She had learned how to partially suppress them by steadying her breathing and to feel them coming. Nothing, however, had prepared her for a shock quite like this. She was breathing rapidly, almost hyperventilating, her mind was buzzing in all directions. All Myrddin wanted to do was curl in on herself, but her cuffed hands prevented this, all she could do was bring her knees close to her body and try not to cry. The questions inside her head were all blotted away by the excess of oxygen in her body. She started feeling lightheaded and black lined her vision, sure signs of hyperventilation. She knew that if she didn't stop breathing so much that she would faint.

Finally she willed her breathing to stabilize. Taking long breaths in and out Myrddin finally controlled the amount of oxygen in her body. She bit her lip so she wouldn't cry and looked around the room. Right beside her was an tall Indian boy that looked very determined, but also deep in thought. Beside him was another tall boy, this one had much lighter skin than the one next to him. Even further beside him was a bright haired girl. Her gut immediately told her that this girl was no good, no good at all. Then there were another two boys, one that she judged to be a little taller than she was and had curly dark hair. Then, the last one, had short brown hair and green eyes. Myrddin's gaze returned to the girl who alarmed her, with a smile on her face despite the situation. Her thoughts were interrupted by a shock that went through the submarine as though it hit something solid. They had docked.

What they entered was a huge dome that could have almost tricked Myrddin in believing it was an actual sun shining down on her. There were different areas, one with trees and grass and bushes where she saw shadows moving and rustling. She wasn't sure she really wanted to be there. Her newly freed hand shot out to check on the Pokéball that had a home in her pockets, but she found that she still had them. She touched the ridges of the delicate 'I' that had been carved into the ball, knowing that Io was still there should she need her. Then there was an obvious arena where they were supposed to battle, and the quarters where they were staying.

A little gasp escaped Myddin as they entered the quarters. There was a main room that looked comfortable, but grand at the same time. It was all antique, as if she had stepped into a new time. In a daze Myrddin settled herself on a yellow and gold canapé, millions of questions buzzing through her head. Why did they chose her? Who were the others? Did Sven know she was gone, or who had taken her? Did anyone else know? Were they looking for her? Myrddin secretly hoped they were, hoped that Sven would look for her. When a sharp gasp rang through the room Myrddin immediately looked up. The girl she had already stamped as trouble had fallen. She would have dropped to the ground if the Indian boy hadn't caught her hand just in time. He's nice. Myrddin thought. Another stamp, there was trouble and there was nice. But no, he wasn't nice, she observed. He was more, cold? Kind of but not entirely. He looked like he didn't smile often, but he was hard to read, which puzzled Myrddin. What was he really like, not just what he showed others? He helped Trouble but then he gave her the cold shoulder. And what about the others, what were they like? She was just going to have to find out.

Last edited:

Cyndaquasher

Years
Terry remained mostly silent during the submarine trip, mostly because he was still a little groggy after being taken over by...whatever it was that knocked him on his rear. Of all the people in the world to kidnap, why him? Why any of these people? As he looked around, it was obvious that most of them weren't exactly the 'type' that one would expect to be willing to join in on what the droning voice was talking about...except for the one girl who seemed to already be plotting something devious. Still, he couldn't do much at the moment other than plan and...wait, was that other girl hyperventilating?

"Hey, we need someone in here qui-er, never mind," Terry called out as the other girl, who he thought was named Mryddin or something managed to calm herself down. Now that everyone appeared to have calmed down, Terry could go back to planning. Hopefully, nobody would notice that he was quietly talking to himself...

"They just want us to battle huh? Woulda signed up for something as simple as that...there's another twist to this besides 'keep in line or we'll kick your ass.' People're gonna wonder where we are soon enough. Wait, if I can...nah, better not start anything dumb, they might take my pokemon away and I can't have that, especially with knuckle n' comet..." he said to himself. With those little guys in tow, Terry would have to be compliant to his captors, at least for now. Of course, if he'd been paying more attention, Terry would have kicked up one heck of a storm about their situation!

As soon as they were allowed off the sub, Terry looked around. Instantly, he was impressed by how elegant everything looked! Whoever was running this thing must be classy. Still, there wasn't any time to be distracted. There was planning to be done and-was that other girl fainting?

Before Terry could even move to her aid, one of his fellow combatants, whose name Terry didn't quite catch managed to catch the falling girl in a rather cold and calculating method. Terry made sure to keep his eye on that guy, just in case something bad went down. For the moment, he decided to act like nothing was wrong. That'd be the best way to get in good with their captors, at least until later.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Brent wasn't going to kid himself - he was scared. Not the cry out loud or wet you pants scared, just really, really anxious. The small, cramped submarine wasn't helping things either. Again and again he tried to sit more comfortably, but the Rockets had to go and handcuff him didn't they?

At least he wasn't alone. There were five others in the same situation. A girl called Shaelin was sat next to him, also looking worried. However Brent could see something in her eyes - she was planning on something. Hopefully it didn't mean anything bad for everyone else. On the opposite side of him was Sahib, he was silent. Next to him was... Myrddyn? Or something similar to that. Poor girl was struggling to breath. On the other side of them sat two other males - Bobby and Terry. Again, they were silent.

The submarine eventually docked, and the six were taken out of the thing. There were two main domes - one with dfferent flora and pokemon, and one grand battle arena. The trainers were uncuffed, much to their relief, and taken to their quarters. Brent was surprised when he saw the expensive, classy looking furnishings. He was almost exited - had it not been for the fact they were prisoners.

Brent thought to himself - if one of them lost more than two battles, a pokemon was taken off of them? The thought didn't bare thinking about, however he had a solution. Maybe the six of them could communicate, form a structure - so that nobody lost twice in a row, even if it meant taking things easy on the other.

He would just have to wait and see how things played out...

Years
Sahib had wandered over to a wall, deciding that it would be a good place to be. That way he could observe the others and have something to his back, no surprises. Well, unless the wall suddenly decided it wanted to open up and eat him, of course. Sahib's lips twitched into a smirk at the thought. He gazed at the others a bit more, before finally crossing his arms. He was actually sort of a bit interested with that Shaelin girl. She had looked a bit surprised at what he had said, but recovered quick enough. Sahib had to admit that he admired her quick recovery. Sahib also felt like he was being followed, but then shrugged it off and pushed away from the wall. The pillar seemed more inviting.

He had just closed his eyes to dwell in his overworked brain, when suddenly he felt a tight grip on his wrist. Sahib's eyes snapped open and he tensed, ready to fight. He simply blinked when he noticed it was Shaelin. His eyebrow arched as she stared into his eyes, and then began to speak. As she did, Sahib carefully kept his face blank. Inside his mind was working even harder. She had good points, but his brain was screaming at him not to trust her. The only problem was her proposition seemed rather intruiging. Sahib didn't say a word as she marched off. He would have to find her, apparently.

Humph...at least she doesn't seem stupid. Seems she knows how symbolism works too, Sahib thought to himself in a bit of bitter amusement. A condescending smile rose to his lips, but he was more or less laughing at himself. Sahib flicked his gaze to that Myrddin girl. He looked her up and down, glad to find that she didn't seem to take notice of him. She didn't seem to be difficult to crack. All he would have to do was play the nice, gentleman routine. Thankfully my father taught me how to behave, Sahib thought, because now it might come in handy. I guess I just have to decide what I want to do. I don't know if I want to get close to that girl though. Breaking trust can be annoying. And, of course, by annoying he meant that it could hurt people. Despite how he first came off towards Shaelin, Sahib had no want to hurt anyone deeply. Maybe a little would be alright, but deep is bad. It's like comparing a paper cut to a two inch gash.

"So now what?" he murmured under his breath, so quietly that it didn't seem to draw the others' attention. What do I have to lose in these games anyway? Sahib wondered. He hadn't thought about that. Although it could have been that the announcers had already said, and Sahib had just either chosen not to listen or had forgotten. I should assume my life. That would be the best. So now the question is do I want to team up and possibly get betrayed in the end, or not team up and possibly die faster? Shaelin seems like she can be useful. Sahib rolled his eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. He would probably end up regretting this. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants and sauntered over to Shaelin, keeping a bored expression on his face.

She had her back to him, and Sahib grabbed her by her shoulder and pushed her close to the wall. He really didn't care too much about personal space at the moment. He trapped her with his arms, and leaned close so only she could hear. "You'd better not be all talk," he said in a hushed snarl. Then he pulled back, smoothed out his features, and looked at her. "I hope your Pokemon are as good as you seem to think they are," Sahib said softly. Then he turned away from her and headed back to his pillar, thinking about how to go about getting that Myrddin girl. He stared at Myrddin for a few moments, but then looked at the ceiling. I suppose I'll have to save her from tripping too? he thought, then chuckled in soft amusement. Of course, Sahib thought, gaze flickering to each other male in the room. I'll have to watch out for them as well, no matter what Shaelin says. Just incase.

Eos Aduro

Years
(OOC: This is great guys, you're working together very well! OOC thread should be up ASAP, been having some time issues but I'll get to it sooner rather than later)

Shaelyn kept a straight face during this brief exchange. She knew that he didn't completely trust her. Hell, she didn't completely trust him, she didn't trust anyone. Not that she'd had much reason too. She stayed on the wall he had pinned her too, fiddling with Tricks Pokeball. They had been told that they could let their Pokemon out anywhere in their quarters, so she sent her out. Well, at least I have you old friend. Tricks climbed up her shoulder and draped herself along Shaelyn's shoulders dramatically. Her warmth was comforting in this prison.

Well I'm going to need a first target, Shaelyn thought, sizing up what she had to work with. There were three boys left to handle, Brent, Bobby, and Terrence. She had noticed that Terry had seen her fall, and seemed at least a little concerned. She also noticed that his eyes followed Sahib, leaving her mostly clear. She snuck up to him, trying to seem innocent. She put on a smile and went over to him.

"Hi, I'm Shaelyn. It's Terrence right? Could I call you Terry?" she asked sweetly, hands behind her back and with a innocent smile on her face. Innocent was good, she'd been playing sweet little girl since her first heist, she knew how to play it. Tricks played along, looking cutely up at the boy.

Cyndaquasher

Years
Terry had been wondering around in circles for what seemed like hours in a vain attempt to get his head around the situation. Why did such a place exist, who picked them? What could possibly-suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by Shaelyn's unplanned (but not necessarily unwanted) arrival.

"Oh, uh, hey Shaelyn. Yeah, I'm Terry, but I have no idea what's going on. Why did they have to capture us? What's our incentive to fight? Who could authorise something like-I'm sorry, I'm blasting away at you with questions. I'll bet you've got as many questions as I do about this whole thing," he said as he calmed himself down and tried to not enter super-inquisitive-mode, which was unfortunately his default state of being. Suddenly, he noticed Tricks was looking up at him in a similar fashion. As he knelt down to get a closer look at the obviously-up-to-something pokemon, a thought crossed his mind.

"Do you think they'll take our pokemon from us? If they do, how will we keep fighting without them?" Those questions probably had no good answer, but if he didn't find out the answer soon, he wouldn't be sleeping right for a long, long time...

Eos Aduro

Years
Shaelin sighed, and grabbed Tricks tightly in a hug. She looked up at Terry, fear in her eyes. She honestly didn't have an answer for him. Not for any of his many questions. They had solidified her situation even more, that there was nothing they could do. She struggled past the lump in her throat to answer him. "I don't know," she said in a strangtled whisper, Tricks held tightly against her chest, their hearts beating against each other. She couldn't lose her, never. She cleared her head and gave Terry a forced smile.

"Well, I have a questions for you now," she said shyly, flicking her hair slightly. "You know that guy who caught me? He's sort of freaking me out, giving me weird looks. Do you think maybe you could keep an eye on me, make sure he doesn't do anything... drastic?" Shaelyn asked, her hand brushing Terry's slightly, enough to break his concentration, but still hear what she wanted to get across. If she seperated herself from Sahib, the others wouldn't suspect that there was anything going on, plus she could keep Terry close for the time being.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
As Bobby stepped off the sub, he was blinded by the sudden light. As his eyes quickly adjusted acordingly, he quickly took in his surroundings. There was the small submarine dock that quickly led the huge dome. It was dived into two areas: The first was the actual areana, where they, the "participants" would battle each other for the amusment of the crowd and the second part, which was farther down the line, was the bio-dome where Pokemon could be trained and or captured. That area diveded itself once again creating the living quarters for the trainers, a gym, and a kitchen. The other area Bobby assumed was the training grounds of Team Rocket. He sighed quietly as he realized it was going to take him longer to get out. Hopefully this won't take too long he thought to himself.

As he started to walk down the dock, Glaceon popped out of her Pokeball. She padded beside him, eager for attention. Her ears pricked suddenly and she turned to look behind them. Bobby turned as well and noticed the drama that was unfolding. Obviously the weaker ones are testing each other out. Bobby thought smirking. This is how it usually went down at big event type things. The weaker trainers would try to undermine and exploit a fellow rival while gaining an enemy in the process. That wasn't how Bobby did things. He tried to be nice to his opponents as it let them know, to Bobby this was all fun and games.

The Indian boy who had saved the girl who had fallen walked past the small blonde girl and quietly chuckled. He glanced over at Bobby and chuckled at Glaceon. However the two young men stared each other down. Bobby knew that his one was one of the better trainers here. He walked over the Indian boy and held out his hand. "Hey howya doin? Name's Bobby. It'll be my pleasure to beat you today." he said arrogence swarming over.

Years
Sahib was relaxing a little now. He wanted his brain to rest, and stop before he got some for of a headache. Sahib had decided that maybe he would approach Myrddin later, once things had settled down a little and they had a bit of more private times to themselves. Sahib wasn't the type who liked his affairs flaunted all over the place. He sort of wanted to sit on the ground, but figured that wouldn't do if someone chose to walk up to him. He was actually sort of hoping that Myrddin would approach him herself, it would make things much easier than him walking over and talking to her. He really wasn't good at stuff like that. You know, introducing himself to people and interacting beyond the first few lines of a conversation.

He was finally beginning to relax. His muscles were still a bit tense, just enough to keep him alert, but then again he was always like that. His arms were crossed as well, most likely giving him a...not-so-friendly invitation towards people. Sahib was actually beginning to drift on the edge of daydreaming, when he heard someone approaching him. Sahib pretended not to notice in a bit of a hope that whoever it was would go away (the footfall was too heavy for a girl, so he didn't really care who was approaching him). Apparently that wasn't the case, because the feet stopped in front of him. Moments later, a guy was talking to him.

Sahib opened his eyes at the first sentence and gave the guy a bored look. It was that Bobby kid, which he went on to explain. Sahib's eyebrow arched at the final statement. Sahib regarded his hand for a moment. "I'm glad it will be your pleasure," Sahib said calmly. "Nice to meet you." He didn't shake Bobby's hand though. It wasn't out of anger or anything, Sahib just didn't like touching people unless he deemed necessary or he wasn't thinking about it. This wasn't one of those instances, so he just chose not to. Sahib didn't care to look to see how the guy reacted, but instead shut his eyes again, and didn't move his arms from their crossed posture.

In all truth, Sahib did feel a bit annoyed again. His mind was working more, and that only annoyed him further. Here he had wanted to relax, and this guy comes over and disturbs that. Then he goes as far as to be arrogant, something that Sahib deemed completely disgusting and unnecessary. He vaguely hoped Bobby wouldn't get very far, because arrogance was not a good quality. Sahib didn't care who he lost to generally, but he did hope that Bobby wasn't one of them. Oh well. I suppose if I lose against him, I lose. I'll just have to try harder against him, Sahib thought.

Cyndaquasher

Years
Terry seemed concerned that she didn't know much about their situation, but at least she seemed honest. "Never mind then. I guess we'll just have to fight until we get some answers then," He said as he rubbed his chin in a vain attempt to think. At least he knew that he wasn't the only clueless one around here.

His brief thought moment was interrupted by Shalyn's question. "Honestly? He doesn't look that bad, but if he's scaring you, I guess I can try...but I'm not all that attentive when I've been captured and taken to who-knows-where and forced to do who-knows-what for who-knows-who. If he makes a move while I'm not around, you're probably going to be on your own. Now if you'll escuse me, I'd like to get a better look at this place on my own for a while, if that's okay," he said as he turned and began to walk away, but he stopped for a moment.

"Oh, and if you're lying about him and just trying to play me for a sucker? You'll get to meet Meteor personally. You won't like meeting her personally if you play me. Later!" he said as he casually looked over his shoulder and walked off. With any luck, there wouldn't be any trouble with that girl, but if there was, he'd have to be careful about how he played his cards. At least now, he was alone again, alone with his thoughts and his pokemon...perfect.

Eos Aduro

Years
"Meteor, who the hell is Meteor?" she muttered to herself as she walked away. That wasn't a total failure, he had at least acknowledged that she could be in trouble. She couldn't wrap her head around him, he seemed nice and high-strung, but that threat at the end was a complete character switch. This Terry was a wild card, with any luck that would distract him enough for her to gain the upper hand. She needed to stop underestimating the other trainers, they may not look like much, but they seemed more observant now that things had settled down.

She walked over to the glass wall that seperated the Prison from the ocean outside. It didn't look like water, it was a wall of unpenetrable darkness. Nothing moved outside, it was like the rest of the world didn't exist anymore. There were just the six of them, an awkward paranoid amalgamation of nerves. She touched the glass, it was frigid with cold. It felt like she was touching death itself. A shiver ran down her spine, and she quickly walked away.

Tricks had fallen asleep on her shoulders, and her weight was starting to be a pain, so she found a lounge chair to plop down in and took a few moments to calm down. She needed to find the perfect time to approach people, hopefully when they were more comfortable in the Prison. Right now she felt she was coming on too strong, they were still shaken and overly paranoid.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Myrddin had contented herself with just watching the other people up to now. She had a feeling of detachment, and of surreality. It felt as if she was dreaming and any second she would wake up in the room she fell asleep in, Sven just a door away. She would wake up screaming from a nightmare and then that was it. A nightmare, nothing more. She needed something to comfort her, instinctively she reached for Io's Pokéball but thought better of it. Not for some strange strategic reason, but simply that Io wouldn't react well to the strangers. She had a bad tempter and might just freak.

So instead Myrddin reached for Europa, she dug her hand in her left pocket and felt around until she found the smooth round Pokeball with the elegantly carved 'E' in it. Upon releasing the Espeon, Europa rubbed herself against Myrddin's legs, a show of affection. She purred a little before looking up with big questioning eyes. She felt her trainer's uneasiness and meowed n recognition. Myrddin reached out and stroke Europa's head. "It's okay Europa, it's fine, we'll be fine."

Then, abruptly, Myrddin stood up, causing Europa to meow in annoyance, forked tail flicking side to side to show her mood. With quick strides Myrddin walked in no particular direction. She couldn't sit still anymore, not doing anything. She had to do something, at least something. She looked around and found that she had gotten herself relatively close to where the Indian boy and the boy with the curly hair seemed to be. The dark skinned boy was sitting down, arms crossed in a defensive position, as if to keeping the world out. The other one, with the dark curly hair, had stretched his hand out but it hadn't been taken.

Out of complete impulse, as her actions often were based on, she walked up to them. It was better than just moping around and not doing anything. "Hi…" She said shyly, not really looking either in the eye. "I'm… my name is Myrddin." Europa had trotted after her and was now giving the Indian boy a pointed stare, twitching her tail in annoyance and distrust.

Years
Now Sahib was officially pleased. The girl, Myrddin, had come to him. Sure she had brought an Espeon (which looked positively angry with him), but Sahib didn't mind. With him having an Umbreon, he rather liked its counterpart. Sahib smiled slightly at the Pokemon, but it was more apologetic than anything. I'm sorry, he thought silently. Then he masked his expression and looked up at the girl. He had decided to sink down moments later, and thus did so. He felt Bobby's presence still there, but Sahib had decided it would do him more good to ignore the boy than to egg him on or something of the like.

"I'm Sahib," Sahib said. He still sounded a bit cool, and tried to force himself to be warmer and more friendly. It would get them friends easier than him being a jerk. "You were the one crying, right?" he questioned. Sahib realized that was probably a stupid thing to bring up, so he quickly decided to fix his statement. "I don't mean that in a disgusting way," he added, forcing a lighter tone to his voice. It was almost a joking tone. "But you'll be fine, I bet. You have this Espeon with you, so you can't be that weak." He glanced at Espeon again, noticing that the Pokemon still didn't seem very pleased with him.

Sahib cleared his throat in a bit of an awkward way. He lowered his gaze back to the floor, if only because his eyes were starting to hurt, and sort of wondered what would happen next. He wasn't really sure if he was supposed to invite her to sit down, or what. Too bad for him he was really lacking in people skills. Sahib set his chin on his arms, and stifled a yawn.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
Ouch. Bobby thought as the Indian boy ignored his hand. Bobby brought his hand down to his side embarresed. Suddenly a rather young girl came up to the boys and said her name was Myrddin. The boy introduced himself as Sahib. So what? Am I not good enough to talk to? Bobby thought angerly. He didn't express outside however. Sahib tried to make a stab at conversation but decided it wasn't worth his time and promptly sat down.

Bobby then noticed that both the giril, Myrddin, and Sahib both had an Eeveelution, an Umbreon and an Espeon. Glaceon gladly went over to the duo but both promptly snubbed her and their respective counter part. She sadly trotted back over to Bobby and sat down in front of him. Great...Bobby thought. I'll be dealing with that later. What he actually said was "So, where ya from Myrddin?" hoping to get some sort of conversation going. And if he happened to annoy Sahib in the process, well then that was a perk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back