• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
I can't believe I missed 4 pages to do "A little" Homework.. *Sigh*

Due to recent inactivity I have put my nuzlocking on hold which to me is a big step..

Missed you guys though.. 4 days is rough when all you have is a pen and 10 papers..

Anyways.. about to look up for a rom for platinum since my DS just snapped in half from my agitation. Chiao!! :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Whoo~! Finally finished my Favorite Challenge! :D Took forever because I played until I beat Red (although it wasn't the finish requirement) and I had to play on my DS. I took all day today to train my Pokemon to about level 75 for Red.
Now I'm going to go start the Hoenn portion of my solo with Dewgong. :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Whoo~! Finally finished my Favorite Challenge! :D Took forever because I played until I beat Red (although it wasn't the finish requirement) and I had to play on my DS. I took all day today to train my Pokemon to about level 75 for Red.
Now I'm going to go start the Hoenn portion of my solo with Dewgong. :D
Oh my god i love Dewgong now. Ever since my Ice Mono on Blue, Dewgong is really up there on my list now.

The above statement got me thinking: where is Dewgong on my list? What list am I even talking about? So now, ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to Myrrh's 1st Edition Pokemon Tier list (RBY only)

Spoiler:

Top Tier: Absolute Favorite Pokemon. If it is up for grabs when someone names their team, I will fight you for the right to the name. If I am doing a challenge with them and 5 others, they will always be quite over-leveled.

Second Tier: Will probably use. Wouldn't mind the rights to one of them. Great teammates to me.

Third Tier: Don't really stand out. I don't hate them, but I don't like them.

Fourth Tier: Good god. My least Favorite Pokemon. If I am one of these Pokemon, I will disobey you, no matter how many badges you have.

You guys should make lists too.

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
Argh, it seems like there is another time that I will have to play a fourth generation game over the horizon...for both of my current Ultimate challenges. :/ I want to avoid the 4th gen as much as possible.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Lol me too. That's why for my monotypes, I've done all of Gen I and about 1/3 of Gen II. I'm trying to hold off on Gen IV for as long as possible.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Lol, Myrhh, I did Electric on Blue and used Electrode instead of Magneton. What was I thinking?

I actually don't mind Gen IV, but only Platinum, tyvm. HG/SS are just way too long, and D/P are slow and aren't streamlimed like Platinum is.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Lol, Myrhh, I did Electric on Blue and used Electrode instead of Magneton. What was I thinking?

I actually don't mind Gen IV, but only Platinum, tyvm. HG/SS are just way too long, and D/P are slow and aren't streamlimed like Platinum is.
Ok, so HG/SS are actually slow. I couldn't tell if they were slow or if, due to how long it was taking me to beat anything in that game, I just only played like one gym per week and that was making it seem slow.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Ok, so HG/SS are actually slow. I couldn't tell if they were slow or if, due to how long it was taking me to beat anything in that game, I just only played like one gym per week and that was making it seem slow.
Well, HG/SS is not that slow, especially since you have autorun, but since GSC are WAY faster, it seems too slow in comparison. I think that's what I was getting at.

By the way, Myrhh, I didn't even notice the Sabrina screenshot goodness lol. I laughed when I saw you post it though.

Enigma

Years

Just about how fast is Platinum compared to D/P? I might decide to play Platinum instead of Pearl for my 4th gen challenges...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Just about how fast is Platinum compared to D/P? I might decide to play Platinum instead of Pearl for my 4th gen challenges...
Well, surfing is REALLY slow in D/P, and Platinum is better anyway because of a couple things - you can get in the secret Wayward cave with out Strength, and the Hearthome gym can be fought once you get there, rather then until you get Surf. Also, Togepi is in Platinum, as is Porygon (gift).

My point is that the journey is streamlined, and there is a lot less doubling back than in D/P. That coupled with the faster surfing makes the game go faster, I think.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
D/P is so much slower than Platinum. It is better because the E4 levels are lower. Myrrh I found Victreebel very useful in R/B/Y with Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder and Wrap. A top tier Pokemon in G/S/C is Jumpluff. Seriously if anyone has the chance to use one, use it. Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Synthesis can defeat most non-Grass Pokemon.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
D/P is so much slower than Platinum. It is better because the E4 levels are lower. Myrrh I found Victreebel very useful in R/B/Y with Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder and Wrap. A top tier Pokemon in G/S/C is Jumpluff. Seriously if anyone has the chance to use one, use it. Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Synthesis can defeat most non-Grass Pokemon.
I forgot about the levels being lower, too (not that much but still), although the teams are better. For example, Cynthia has AWESOME UBER Togekiss instead of Gastrodon, for example, so I think it balances out.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Let's re-enter the CI&D with Seco's RBY Bro List.
Spoiler:

So yeah... also...
Let's re-enter the CI&D
Glad to be back from a small vacation from PC ! A good one, indeed. Two A grades, in Maths and Romanian respectively. Tomorrow, English test, and on Friday a Chemistry test... geez.

Btw, limping to Snowpoint in my Favorite (congrats on finishing Inferno :-D), didn't even start Random, and in Vermilion with my Red Nuzlocke. Kinda on hold.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Let's re-enter the CI&D with Seco's RBY Bro List.
Spoiler:

So yeah... also...

Glad to be back from a small vacation from PC ! A good one, indeed. Two A grades, in Maths and Romanian respectively. Tomorrow, English test, and on Friday a Chemistry test... geez.

Btw, limping to Snowpoint in my Favorite (congrats on finishing Inferno :-D), didn't even start Random, and in Vermilion with my Red Nuzlocke. Kinda on hold.
<3 Starmie

And I know what you mean about tests and stuff. I just got back from an Anthropology test, and since spring break is in 2 weeks, all the teachers want to test us right before the break, so I have 2 tests on Wednesday (Physics and History), one on Thursday (Bowling :P) 2 Labs due on Monday (Physics and Anthropology) and a paper due Monday (Anthropology). And a fencing tournament on Saturday. Good bye social life.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hmm, I guess I'll take a crack at it...

For RBY:
Spoiler:

I guess I put I lot of the ones I have used in the first two tiers...the notable exception being Golem, who I used a lot but is in Tier 3 bacause he sucks, but not like freaking Electrode...oh my god. LNot a lot of Tier 4 Pokemon...I guess I don't use crappy Pokemon...? lol.

Sadly, Myrhh, I have never ever used Starmie in any game, ever. Mostly because I almost always had a water type by the time he was available (starter, Quagsire, Gyarados, or Gastrodon lol) and I suck for not knowing how good he was till I started doing challenges, I haven't ever used him for that yet. Same goes for Lapras, although I am using him now in my Dexter's challenge...on SoulSilver lol.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
My love for Starmie originated back in the day before I found PC. I knew what the best attacks were, and I used the Missingno glitch to get infinite of the best TMs. Then I tried to catch all the Pokemon. When I would catch them, I would hook them up with a good moveset in case I ever wanted to use them. When I did Starmie, I found it could learn Boltbeam/Psychic/Surf. I fell in love with it and Lapras, who can also learn the same moves. I would then get 5 Pokemon and Starmie and the Exp. All and do the E4 over and over with Starmie til they evolved. It was fun times. I was so excited when I saw in DPPt it could also learn a Rock Special Move and Steel Special Move.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Starmie is a great Pokemon and one of my favourites. I would always recommend it. I was thinking of doing a quick monotype on R/B but I don't know what type or Pokemon (not Flying). It shouldn't take to long with the heavenly speed button. I would probably get it done by tomorrow which BTW is my Bday. :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Starmie is a great Pokemon and one of my favourites. I would always recommend it. I was thinking of doing a quick monotype on R/B but I don't know what type or Pokemon (not Flying). It shouldn't take to long with the heavenly speed button. I would probably get it done by tomorrow which BTW is my Bday. :D
Happy early Bday then!

Imo, Grass, Electric, and Bug are retarded tough. Also if you don't want to hack anyone in I'd stay away from Ghost, Dragon, or Ice.

Years
Ho ho ho, I can say I've been losing motivation to post here.
I'm putting off all of my Nuzlockes in anticipation for White, I'm afraid. I just don't want my mindset to be elsewhere,
when it should be in Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back