• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

471302792752.png

Spoiler:

571302792961.png

3 years ago, a group known as Team Rocket, wreaked havoc in the Kanto region. The goal of this organization was clear: rule the world with powerful Pokemon by their side. Using his many resources, Team Rocket's boss, Giovanni, acquired the powerful Pokemon Mewtwo. Fortunately before they could enact their evil plot, Team Rocket was foiled by a young Trainer named Red. Giovanni was eventually apprehended and Mewtwo was taken from him. To ensure that Team Rocket's plan would never come to fruition Mewtwo's power was trapped and locked away in the legendary Jirachi, who fell into an eternal slumber as a result. A small price to pay for peace.
-Three Years Later-
You are a young boy/girl aged 17 living in the lush Zinnos Region. You and your best friend, Conan/Claire [changes with gender], are given a Pokemon by Professor Oak from Kanto. As part of the experiment you have to document the changes a non-native Pokemon experiences in a new region.
After a brief eye-opening encounter with a snobby gym leader, Eris, you and your best friend decide to train and disprove Eris' theory that you two will never be more than mediocre Trainers. On this journey you meet a cocky Pokemon hunter and uncover Team Rocket's plot to capture Jirachi and release Mewtwo's power. But why has Team Rocket returned, and why in Zinnos? And how does Team Rocket's attack on Johto coincide with their Zinnotian attack? Find out in Pokemon Shattered Dreams!
881302794454.png

• One of the most advanced 3rd Gen Hacks out
  • Day, Night, & Seasons
  • Swarms & Roaming Legendaries
  • Time Based Events
  • Pseudo-Mystery Gift/Wi-Fi Events
  • New Battle Backgrounds
  • Updated Sprites & Movesets for Pokemon
  • Completely De-Capitalized Game
  • New Items & TM's!
  • New Field Moves [ie. Dive]
  • Trainer Rematches!
  • Classic Fire Red Tiles mixed with Emerald Tiles!
  • Sidequest & Side Stories
  • Realistic Weather Generator
  • Gen IV Special/Physical Split
11302794824.png

761302795198.png

All of these errors were found in Beta 1 using VBA.
  • Misc: The intro sprites are unchanged.
  • Misc: Using the Pokennect via register crashes the game. Don't do it.
  • Misc: At night double battles use the DAN palettes.
  • Misc: Occasionally, while entering a building at night or going into your bag, the day palette may flash for a split second.
  • Misc: Some run off text exists.
  • Beacon City: The Beacon City Gym has a path that leads straight to the Leader. This was there for debugging reasons and I forgot to remove it.
  • Ouija Town: Leaving the Ouija Temple will trigger a leftover event from Fire Red. It'll drag you into the trees before warping you into the Pokemon Center. From there, you're free to continue the game, so it's not game-breaking.
  • Mach Bridge: Inside the gate house of Mach Bridge there is an in-game trade that messes up the way the clock is read. Avoid this.

131302795423.png

Spoiler:

641302795968.png

Event name: The Cat's Meowth
Event: Special Event Meowth @ Level 15 with maxed out Speed EVs and "Cool" stat holding an Amulet Coin.
Occasion: Launch of Beta 2 & Introduction of PokePageants
Release: TBA
Additional Info: Meowth knows Assist, Pay Day, Return and Crunch. It also has a Preliminary Cool Ribbon (not visible) which means its ready for the Super Cool Pageant.
01302795725.png

• Drew6464 For Ivy's sprite.
  • NiKaNaRoU for Chrono's OW.
  • DrFuji for helping me edit the TM Data.
  • Lal0101 for the secondary Trees.
  • Zein for the tree trunk tile.
  • PeregrineFig for the Behavior Byte Tutorial
  • Dartharon for the Headbutt Script base.
  • The Creators of the tools I used.
  • Haefele for the Worldmap tutorial.
  • Hackmew for the tools, Pokedex fix, the indoor running shoes, the Magma Armor Hack, and misc. ASM.
  • Wesley FG for the Merainian Tiles
  • JPAN for his awesome hacked engine, some ASM Routines and the multichoice tutorial.
  • Prime-Dialga for the DNS system.
  • Magnius for the music hacking tutorials and a few GSC Tracks.
  • Clonex25 for a few GSC Tracks.
  • Neti for some of the Winter tiles.
  • Fangking Omega for a lot of tiles.
  • Astar_01 for the Calendar tile
  • Kyledove for the Cave tiles.
  • Jambo51 for tons of ASM
  • Darthatron for even more ASM
  • NarutoActor for the trainer facing fix tutorial.
  • The Spriters Resource for various sprites and the battle backgrounds
  • Aimaybee for being awesome and for her awesome OW's
  • Everyone who supports Shattered Dreams!

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
First reply, woot!

This looks great. :P I love it! I love every aspect. Ask me if you want sprites again!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
This look really good! :) I really like that you put new sprites in!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
First reply, woot!

This looks great. :P I love it! I love every aspect. Ask me if you want sprites again!

EDIT: Hey, I love it! Just 1 thing to critic here. Bottom house in Embark Town: Couple says "We've been married since age 8." WTF?
Why, thank you. I'll PM you when I need some sprites. And yes true love has no age limit =P

This look really good! :) I really like that you put new sprites in!
Thanks. Every Pokemon has new sprites and I'm working on putting in HG/SS trainer spites.

Update
Wow! 36 downloads in one day? That's awesome. Hopefully everyone was able to get their Summer Ticket. Trust me, heading to Eisberg Island is definitely worth it. The beta will be out on the 20th of June, and will feature the first four gyms, [Just like Requiem]. There are a few map changes in Zinnos this time around with Akirs Town being renamed Embark Town and Gymstone Town being renamed Emerald Town. Also a lot of changes, concerning wild Pokemon availability have taken place. I'm not sure about Berry Trees/Headbutt Trees making a return but we'll see. Also this time around you're able to name your Rival instead of having him named Chrono [though Chrono is still his official name]. Also D/N and the RWG aren't just asthetic. Some things can only happen at night or when it's raining. People will also say different things in accordance with the weather/time. After 8pm all of the kids in the town go to bed and all of the old people come out. Some
Trainers only wanna battle at night or in the morning. With the next update I'll bring screenshots from the second gym and of Shell Harbor City and the Team Rocket Event that happens in Stargate Cave.

~QM

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Shattered Dreams is back!

And it looks really nice too. I love your choice of tiles because I use them, and your mapping looks really good. Also, I like how you've added custom battle backgrounds. :3

My only quirks are that you're not using the tree shading tiles because, imo, they would make your maps look even better. Also, those parts on the world map that are routes but in different colours, they need to be fixed. :3

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Shattered Dreams is back!

And it looks really nice too. I love your choice of tiles because I use them, and your mapping looks really good. Also, I like how you've added custom battle backgrounds. :3

My only quirks are that you're not using the tree shading tiles because, imo, they would make your maps look even better. Also, those parts on the world map that are routes but in different colours, they need to be fixed. :3
Hmm about the trees, do you really think they'll enhance the maps? Eh I'll go for it. And the discolored parts of the map are cavs/deserts that don't directly connect with the other routes, leaving them blank seemed weird. But if it's causing confusion I may change it.

Maybe "In love since age 8" or something. Love may have no limits, but the Federal State Law does.

EDIT: Also, I have a request. I mean, I did some sprites for you, so it's only natural I get something back...
Could you make a wild Trapinch available fairly early in the game? Trapinch/Flygon is my mascot Pokemon. I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Hey, I've decided that your trainer looks pretty sucky and needs a new sprite. So here:
newtrainersprite.png
Better than:
insertjokehere.png
Sorry but I find nothing wrong with the original sprite so I won't be changing it.

WILL THE TOURNAMENT STYLE POKEMON LEAGUE STILL BE IN?
Yes, the tournament style league will still be in as opposed to the traditional Elite 4.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hmm about the trees, do you really think they'll enhance the maps? Eh I'll go for it. And the discolored parts of the map are cavs/deserts that don't directly connect with the other routes, leaving them blank seemed weird. But if it's causing confusion I may change it.

Sorry but I find nothing wrong with the original sprite so I won't be changing it.

Yes, the tournament style league will still be in as opposed to the traditional Elite 4.

I get what you mean, but I think they'd be better in other palettes.
And yes, using the shading will make the maps better. :3

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
The sprite that you use now is too short, or at least his head and torso are too wide in comparison to your body height. You may want to either make him thinner, or make him taller. I suggest taller, because not only is he shorter than the girl sprite, but because making him thinner would suggest revamping the whole head part.

EDIT: I'll make a new sprite for you if you still want one. That old one I offered you first I decided I'm going to use for a sprite comic.

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Rar files usually compact the space, making the file smaller. It is also used for minor legal issues. If you are objecting to the use of a rar file, it is likely you do not have programs like WinZip or WinRar.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #2

I get what you mean, but I think they'd be better in other palettes.
And yes, using the shading will make the maps better. :3
Well I've started using the shaded trees and they do look better.
The sprite that you use now is too short, or at least his head and torso are too wide in comparison to your body height. You may want to either make him thinner, or make him taller. I suggest taller, because not only is he shorter than the girl sprite, but because making him thinner would suggest revamping the whole head part.

EDIT: I'll make a new sprite for you if you still want one. That old one I offered you first I decided I'm going to use for a sprite comic.
I'm limited to a 64x64 sprite. Mine is 64x64 already so there isn't much I can do with it. Besides I like my sprite the way it is.
Seems cool, but my question is.. Why did you put the ips inside a rar file? You wanted to save space or what?
I've packed so much content into the hack that the ips is bigger than the forum allows so I have to reduce it by compressing it into a .rar file.

Update:
I want to thank everyone who downloaded this alpha. 71 downloads in 5 days is stupedous! I would also like to apologize for the amount of bugs in this hack. In my rush to get the alpha released on 17th, I must have missed them all. Either way I fixed all of the errors that have been slashed through. I won't release an updated alpha though, as I see no point in it - only 2 months til the 1st full beta. Headbutt Trees & Berry Trees do make a return! When you headbutt a tree either a pokemon will fall out or a bunch of berries will. The new system is quite cool really. I've also upgraded a buttload of trainer sprites to match the look of the battlegrounds and the updated pokemon sprites. I'm showcasing just a few.

Minigames:
I'm not sure if the Bug Catching Contest will make a return, but I've added two new minigame/sidequests. 1st one is called Tasty's On The Go! and basically you deliver food to people all around Zinnos. Some people will pay in cash, other in a pokemon battle and some in the form of useful & rare items. The 2nd mini game is called Who You Gonna Call?. This is an exterminator minigame. Basically you go around Zinnos exterminating ghosts/rodents/pests in people's houses. It's a chance to find rare items and fight Pokemon that you wouldn't normally find early into the game. Both minigames will be available in the first beta.

Screens:
fixedmapgirl.png
fixedmap.png
tastys.png

school.png
camp.png
berrys.png

Conclusion:
Next update will come soon and bring more screens and good news. Everyone keep downloading and playing the alpha, that way you have a headstart when the beta comes out!

~QM

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well I've started using the shaded trees and they do look better.

I'm limited to a 64x64 sprite. Mine is 64x64 already so there isn't much I can do with it. Besides I like my sprite the way it is.

I've packed so much content into the hack that the ips is bigger than the forum allows so I have to reduce it by compressing it into a .rar file.

Update:
I want to thank everyone who downloaded this alpha. 71 downloads in 5 days is stupedous! I would also like to apologize for the amount of bugs in this hack. In my rush to get the alpha released on 17th, I must have missed them all. Either way I fixed all of the errors that have been slashed through. I won't release an updated alpha though, as I see no point in it - only 2 months til the 1st full beta. Headbutt Trees & Berry Trees do make a return! When you headbutt a tree either a pokemon will fall out or a bunch of berries will. The new system is quite cool really. I've also upgraded a buttload of trainer sprites to match the look of the battlegrounds and the updated pokemon sprites. I'm showcasing just a few.

Minigames:
I'm not sure if the Bug Catching Contest will make a return, but I've added two new minigame/sidequests. 1st one is called Tasty's On The Go! and basically you deliver food to people all around Zinnos. Some people will pay in cash, other in a pokemon battle and some in the form of useful & rare items. The 2nd mini game is called Who You Gonna Call?. This is an exterminator minigame. Basically you go around Zinnos exterminating ghosts/rodents/pests in people's houses. It's a chance to find rare items and fight Pokemon that you wouldn't normally find early into the game. Both minigames will be available in the first beta.

Screens:
fixedmapgirl.png
fixedmap.png
tastys.png

school.png
camp.png
berrys.png

Conclusion:
Next update will come soon and bring more screens and good news. Everyone keep downloading and playing the alpha, that way you have a headstart when the beta comes out!

~QM

The second sidequest sounds really interesting. :3
I like that you're using the shading; your maps look a lot better now. And the new worldmap is pretty cool too. :3

Keep it up; I can't wait for the beta. ;)

drew6464

Spriter and composer
Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Hey, a note of advice: For the second minigame, make pokemon like Shuppet and Baltoy available. Psychic/Ghost pokemon that will evolve into super powerful pokemon.

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
where is the download link? this game looks amazing and the creator looks promising. and am i able to put this on my phone? i have gameboid.

Last edited:

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Aww it sucks that requeim couldn't make it, I was looking foward to it, oh well this looks awesome too, good luck with it, oh and one question, how much Pokemon are going to be available in the first beta?

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
A good hack with okay scripting, although it's strage in some places and I've noticed a lot of errors.

I'll write them down later and VM you. xx

Once again, Good hack. x

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
Ow how annoying XD
I can't exit the pokémon center
And I have no idea what the town is called lol

I just fought ace after coming back from that forest with Green
And went all the way east until I came to the next town