• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Why did you get a DSi it just seems like you got ripped off if you ask me

a DSi Is Probably not much cheaper than a 3DS

Money is an issue. I don't have a well paying job and only work 6 hours. My parents don't earn much.

So at least i got SOMETHING and i'm happy with it. It would just pee me off if they force people who enjoy a game franchise to fork out another crap ton of money to play on another console.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Money is an issue. I don't have a well paying job and only work 6 hours. My parents don't earn much.

So at least i got SOMETHING and i'm happy with it. It would just pee me off if they force people who enjoy a game franchise to fork out another crap ton of money to play on another console.

1. They aren't going to release a Remake on the DS/DSi Just to Please people who Don't have a 3DS because they Won't make **** all money that way the DS is Dying wether you like it or not
2. If its Gen VI Games it will Be On 3DS Because the DS Won't be able to Handle much more with its 4mb RAM
3. Buy a Cheap 3DS off eBay/Trademe If you want one ^_^

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013

Moving on to the new console is far from new. There's a reason why GameBoy games are no longer in production. GameBoys were replaced with GameBoy Colors, GBC was replaced with GBA, GBA replaced with the DS, and now the DS and all its cousins are being replaced with the 3DS. It's the cycle. It's what they have to do to stay in business.

Also, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys this is a thread for remake discussion, not future console discussion. You want to do that, you can take it to Video Gaming. If I get more reports about spamming about consoles instead of the topic at hand, you'll be infracted.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Guys this is a thread for remake discussion, not future console discussion. You want to do that, you can take it to Video Gaming. If I get more reports about spamming about consoles instead of the topic at hand, you'll be infracted.

Sorry but he Kinda did start it

But anyway Back on topic

If we get Gen III Remakes This Gen then We can Pretty Much Expect Gen IV Remakes Next Gen

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That reminds me, did Gamefreak give any clue in the teaser about what they are going to reveal?

Nope. Nothing on the Smash site about why Junichi and his Developer are there, the commercial was a black smokey background with a date on it. There isn't anything that has any hint on what to expect.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Nope. Nothing on the Smash site about why Junichi and his Developer are there, the commercial was a black smokey background with a date on it. There isn't anything that has any hint on what to expect.

It would be funny if what they were revealing was behind the black smokey background

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I doubt the reveal will be showing a next gen game, because the anime continues with Ash meeting N. Maybe they might reveal a next gen pokemon. Or announce a remake. Or show us something which is just related to BW2.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Maybe there's going to be Pokemon Black 3 and Pokemon White 3? Ooooh.

I think that the possibility of a return to the Hoenn region is diminishing quickly for this generation. Pokemon Black and White are set some time after Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are set two years after that. And Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's events occurred three years prior to Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. There would have to be quite some changes to the Hoenn region. And on a personal note, Brendan and May probably won't return as player characters if that were the case. And May's my favorite, and we're all pretty sick of how they introduce new characters for no good reason (I'm looking at you, Lyra).

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I doubt the reveal will be showing a next gen game, because the anime continues with Ash meeting N. Maybe they might reveal a next gen pokemon. Or announce a remake. Or show us something which is just related to BW2.

If they release a Gen VI Pokemon that pretty much means
the games are already in development just they haven't physically anounced them yet

I Mean Pokemon Black and White were In Development Before Platinum
and Platinum was released in 2008
BW Were released in 2010
That means That BW Had About 3-4 Years in Development
So for all we Know the Gen VI Games could do the same to make sure that they Truly show the Potential of the 3DS

I Mean Black and White 2 Pretty Much Pushed the Nintendo DS to its Limits and is probably the final game in the nintendo ds library

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Maybe there's going to be Pokemon Black 3 and Pokemon White 3? Ooooh.

I think that the possibility of a return to the Hoenn region is diminishing quickly for this generation. Pokemon Black and White are set some time after Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are set two years after that. And Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's events occurred three years prior to Gold/Silver/Crystal/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. There would have to be quite some changes to the Hoenn region. And on a personal note, Brendan and May probably won't return as player characters if that were the case. And May's my favorite, and we're all pretty sick of how they introduce new characters for no good reason (I'm looking at you, Lyra).
I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly if the anime were to start off in a new place. However the anime is now all going to be about N, Colress and Plasma - which means it will stay in Unova.

Black/White 3 will not happen (but I'll still give it a 5% chance). BW2 simply ends off what was left behind from BW. You captured N's legendary. You dissolved Team Plasma. Done. However, it MIGHT be an enhancement of BW2... Or some sort of "director's cut", just like Emerald and Platinum.

Of course, the reveal can also be about another BW2 event since it is tied with a BW2 commercial.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly if the anime were to start off in a new place. However the anime is now all going to be about N, Colress and Plasma - which means it will stay in Unova.

Black/White 3 will not happen (but I'll still give it a 5% chance). BW2 simply ends off what was left behind from BW. You captured N's legendary. You dissolved Team Plasma. Done. However, it MIGHT be an enhancement of BW2... Or some sort of "director's cut", just like Emerald and Platinum.

Of course, the reveal can also be about another BW2 event since it is tied with a BW2 commercial.

See now if they had made BW2 for 3ds they could have just added extra content via Updates
With Like an Extra Story Mode

Years
I still have that hope for RSE Remakes this year. But as time goes on and developments continue to shift away from the possibilities the chances grow slimmer. But, yah. Giancarloparimango11 and ZephyrSonic on Youtube are both going to be live Streaming Pokemon Smash on January 6th, or on the 5th for those of us in the West. I've also been hearing a lot of rage from Youtubers if they don't announce the RSE Remakes during this weekends Pokemon Smash. Especially on Giancarlo's channel.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Do not get any of of your hopes up for any game to be announced on Smash. There is a battle tournament that episode so its likely that Masuda/Morimoto are there for that like they usually are. The announcement is scheduled for January 8th anyway, why would they announce it on January 6th?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

If they announce a RSE remake, I would be so happy! But I'm willing to eat my shoes if they do, because I believe the chance of this is so slim. My hopes aren't high, but a man can dream! n_n

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

I don't even know how many times Ive said this now, but again:

If gen VI is announced soon, it does not mean it comes out the next freakin day *facepalm*

The realistic thing after that would be more info and hype for more than half a year, and THEN the games would come out. Do you think the N/Plasma series in the anime will last til fall or something? Wtf.

It is actually the complete opposite case, as this "filler series" is just what they needed if gen VI is getting announced soon, otherwise they would have literally nothing for plenty of months to show!

Why is this so hard to figure out?

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I don't even know how many times Ive said this now, but again:

If gen VI is announced soon, it does not mean it comes out the next freakin day *facepalm*

The realistic thing after that would be more info and hype for more than half a year, and THEN the games would come out. Do you think the N/Plasma series in the anime will last til fall or something? Wtf.

It is actually the complete opposite case, as this "filler series" is just what they needed if gen VI is getting announced soon, otherwise they would have literally nothing for plenty of months to show!

Why is this so hard to figure out?
... And let the hype die down.

For something next generation, I doubt people can wait for more than half a year.
BW announcement -> release (Japanese) was only about 5 months and I already see people going crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back