• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Twisted Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Introduction:

Hi, everyone! I'm The Riddler, (form. known as The Scarecrow Toxin), and after a four year long hiatus, I've started to hack again - hopefully, I will stay committed to this one and will be able to finish it. So, here goes:

ALPHA1_zps1fbfe8b9.png

Pokémon Twisted Mind
a hack of: Fire Red BPRE

Storyline:

You wake up with a headache in a gloomy cave. With no memory of how you got there, you see a cat-like Pokémon with a grin on it's face. It disappears. You rush down a lonely path to a small town – you remember – it's your home town. You go home, finding a mysterious man by the table, talking to your mother. It all feels so surreal, when you try to help your mom fight him off, but she suddenly disappears. Nobody knows anything about your mother – like she never even existed.
But, you get a crucial hint – Your deepest desires are connected with your biggest fears. You will unlock more pieces about this incident, if you achieve your greatest dream – becoming a Pokémon champion.

The story is about finding the truth, but also overcoming the power of suggestion. Freeing yourself from the outside world and saving a loved one.
Travelling between the real world and an illusionary "wonderland", you gain answers by battling the hoodlum intruder and gaining experience.

Features:​
- Explore the region of Brayos. From the grasslands, to deserts, swamps and snowlands, the advanture will never feel stale.
- Over a 100 new Pokémon to freshen up the traditional formula of the game, accompanied by several Pokémon from other 6 generations.
- Included the Fairy type and a Physical/Special split with many moves from the 4th, 5th and 6th generation.
- Overworld facelift - many of the overworlds in Brayos have been altered, making the hack looking fresher.
- Many known faces from previous regions will cross your path to help, aid and challenge you on your way.

Media:​

2_zps7245a685.png
3_zps316be245.png
4_zpsd556248a.png
5_zps7c740e1a.png

Boxite3_zps598a5a85.png
Boxite5_zps1f1ade63.png
Update6_zps630446c2.png
Update4_zpsa50a69e6.png

Update5_zps60dfe136.png
Update6_zps60c7536c.png
8_zps3036eb4a.png
12_zpsbfa7107f.png

Update2_zps7fe3a081.png
9_zps68ddb82d.png

*pictures not final.​
Video:

Spoiler:

Tools used:​

- Advance Map
- APE
- G3HS
- Door Animation Editor
- NTME
- NSE/ NSE 2
- Overworld Editor RE
- Visual Boy Advance
- HxD Hex Editor

Who's working on it?​
- The Riddler - Ideas & everything graphical
- JosefigGaming - Ideas & scripting

Credits & Special Thanks:​

-Flandre Scarlet - for creating the Titlescreen
- V.V - for inserting the Titlescreen
- MrDollSteak - Decapitalization, fairy type, attack type split Rombase
- Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
- The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
- Areku - battle background graphics
- neoriceisgood - Fakémon
- NukedPalms - Fakémon
- Hek - tiles
- kyledove - tiles
- the dead hero alistair - tiles
- le pug - amazing usebars and starting script!
-GoGoJJTech - HGSS Music patch.

Usebars:​

EcJYTAD.gif

Code:
HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326806"][img]http://i.imgur.com/EcJYTAD.gif[/img][/URL]

oLS6pMz.png

Code:
HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326806"][img]http://i.imgur.com/oLS6pMz.png[/img][/URL]

Outro:​

Initially, I posted my idea in the Beginner's Lounge, but this hack started to grow more and more. I mostly do everything by myself and I will also learn more complex scripting to accompany the visuals.

I'd be glad to see some critisicm, suggestion and support for this project.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
Ayyy, love the fakemon on the titlescreen, looks professional. Anyways, good luck with your hack. When it says "over 100 new pokemon" does that mean its not all fakemon and its just a mix of regulars and fakemons?

Years
I'm Loving the graphics! good luck with everything. Please keep us posted with possible release dates so people don't ask you too much! Will there be a lot of fakemon? or just a few?

negative

Years
Good luck with the hack, It seems like it has the potential to go far, given the effort~

Thank you very much! I'm trying to make it perfect as I can and I will try my best in the future.

Ayyy, love the fakemon on the titlescreen, looks professional. Anyways, good luck with your hack. When it says "over 100 new pokemon" does that mean its not all fakemon and its just a mix of regulars and fakemons?

Thank you! The region has about 110~ Fakemon, but I will combine them with pokemon from other regions, so it's not all fakemon and the player will be therefore more comfortable in different environments.

I'm Loving the graphics! good luck with everything. Please keep us posted with possible release dates so people don't ask you too much! Will there be a lot of fakemon? or just a few?

Thank you and nice font glow! :P Like said before, the hack will feature about 110~ Fakemon, but will be carefully combined with Pokemon from other regions.
As for the release - I'll try to finish everything to the first gym as soon as possible, but at the same time, I don't want to rush, so I can't really say when you can expect the first release.

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
Years
Tracking..

I love the premise of the hack and excited to see the kind of fakemon you have to offer.

Best of luck! I hope you have success in finishing the project. :)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
So many new hacks.. so little time.. hahahaha.. I like the mysterious feel of the story.. it seems so.. hmm.. intriguing.. anyways the story is good, the features are great, and also the tiles are good.. I haven't seen the FrontSprite of a Fakemon so I can't rate it but this seems a pretty decent hack.. good luck!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You're saying this hack will have plenty of Fakemon, alongside Pokemon from the last three generations. But will there also be Pokemon from the first three generations?

negative

Years
Tracking..

I love the premise of the hack and excited to see the kind of fakemon you have to offer.

Best of luck! I hope you have success in finishing the project. :)

Thank you! All the fakemon I'll use (except for one) are made by neoriceisgood and because they were a bit to big I resized them( don't worry, they still look good), so If you want to see more of them, just google him.

So many new hacks.. so little time.. hahahaha.. I like the mysterious feel of the story.. it seems so.. hmm.. intriguing.. anyways the story is good, the features are great, and also the tiles are good.. I haven't seen the FrontSprite of a Fakemon so I can't rate it but this seems a pretty decent hack.. good luck!

Thank you and I'm glad you like it. I'll post more fakemon fronts and back as I progress more and insert more of the fakemon.

Great hack! Im not usually a fan of fakemon but this looks promising keep it up!

Thank you and I hope I can convert you to a fakemon-lover. :P

Finally your thread is heeeeere! <3 I just wanted to say that the tiles is soooo beautiful ^^

Thank you so much and thanks for the titlescreen again!

Liking the hack and its features, looks like you're progressing nicely so far.

Thanks, graphically wise - it's going amazing and all according to plan. After that I will start to script, so I can finally show a script or two in action.

You're saying this hack will have plenty of Fakemon, alongside Pokemon from the last three generations. But will there also be Pokemon from the first three generations?

Of course Pokemon from the first three generations will be available, I just thought that way self explanatory - I corrected my first post so it's easier to understand.

Some graphical updates:
- Wanted to show the female player's overworld sprite and I chose a different house and a different palette for the player's house.
- Bidoune is also the main plain bird pokemon, like Pidgey or Tailow.
- Also wanted to show a glimpse of Route 2 and the cave tiles.

Beta1_zps89fb2bef.png
Beta3_zpse4ccf0ca.png
Beta4_zps9a643917.png
Beta5_zps4765e63b.png

Thoughts, suggestions, support and criticism are appreciated.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Those fakemon you featured look very nice (I know that they're someone else's, but spriting them into your games looks awesome!), and I can't wait to try this out. Good luck and take your time on creating your child ^^

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Yesssss I like hacks that have original storylines. Yours seems creative and I'm looking forward to seeing how the story plays out. Fan of the screenshots so far, also. I think you'll do well.
If you need any help, I'd love to help out. I want to see you go through with this and help you change it to this:

hopefully, I will stay committed to this one

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I really like the screenshots! I love the tiles you're using, the OW facelifts, and the fakemon. I'm a huge fan of well sprited fakemon. The story also seems very original. I like how you're still using the Pokemon Champion formula but adding a genuine original story to it. I wish you the best of luck and I want to see this beauty finished!

negative

Years
Perhaps a screenie with scripts are better to be seen! ^^ Nice tiles.

Thank you, I'm working on the first beginning script right now.

Those fakemon you featured look very nice (I know that they're someone else's, but spriting them into your games looks awesome!), and I can't wait to try this out. Good luck and take your time on creating your child ^^

Thank you so much, neoriceisgood's fakemon have always been one of my favorites. The only spriting I do are the actual backsprites.

Yesssss I like hacks that have original storylines. Yours seems creative and I'm looking forward to seeing how the story plays out. Fan of the screenshots so far, also. I think you'll do well.
If you need any help, I'd love to help out.

Thank you very much. I tried to keep a semi-traditional formula of the official games, but with a twist. And thank you for offering to help me. It would be nice if and when I needed. And don't worry - I'll stay committed to it.

I really like the screenshots! I love the tiles you're using, the OW facelifts, and the fakemon. I'm a huge fan of well sprited fakemon. The story also seems very original. I like how you're still using the Pokemon Champion formula but adding a genuine original story to it. I wish you the best of luck and I want to see this beauty finished!

Thank you so much! Like I stated before, I will stay committed to this baby and I'm currently scripting the first initial script, so I'm progressing slowly, but surely.

Updates-ish?

Just wanted to show off the three starter Pokémon you'll have a choice to take with you( and the cave battle background).

Update2_zps7fe3a081.png
Update1_zps33c209f5.png
Update3_zps1cf80aa2.png

Jade Conan

Strategies above the dèpth
Years
Tiles looks good...the battle background is also quite goood..though simple...this may be a good game providing the efforts and your will to make this a good hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back