• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Olympics [Post Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

ROLEPLAY OLYMPICS
Post Thread

This thread is for posts regarding the Roleplay Olympics. Remember to refer to the rules in the RPO sign up thread before posting. Submit your post here, with a title displaying the category the post falls under, as well as a rating for the post. You may list ratings in the style displayed in this link. http://www.fictionratings.com/ A rating and title with the event name must be included in your post in order for it to count. There is a one post per event rule, meaning that if you signed up for 3 events, you should have three different posts in this thread. If you signed up for a single event, there should be only a single post by you in this thread. If you are working with another person, there should still be a single post between the two of you, with both of your usernames in the post title.

From today's date, you will have until Friday, August 24th at 11:59pm (GMT) to post all of your RPO event posts into this thread. Any posts made after that time will not be counted. If you do not post for an event you are signed up for, you will be disqualified from the event. From between Friday, August 24th and Friday, August 31st will be the deliberation period, where judges will rate all RPO posts and come up with a score for each one. Scores will be tallied, and winners should be announced on September 1st (although this is subject to change).

Here is some additional information about a few events. The other events should have been self-explanatory in the Roleplay Olympics Sign-Up Thread. As always, any questions may be directed to the creators of the event: Supervegeta, Raikiri, or The_Original_Raitan, or the Moderator of the Roleplay Corner, Skymin.​

Battle!

Because of complications with the Battle! event, the option to be randomly paired has been added. This means that if you have not found another person to participate in this event, you may select the person whom we have randomly selected to be your partner. This pairing is, of course, entirely optional, and can be declined if you do not wish to utilize it. However, if you do decide to participate with another partner besides the one selected, it must still be someone who has signed up for the 'Battle!' event. Here are the randomized pairings:
  • Necrum Warrior + The Mega Champion
  • Baker's Bulbasaur + Elite Killer
  • heretostay123 + 徳清アキオ
  • 1ninjadude1701 + SkittishHeart

Escape

You wake up to find yourself in a small room. You have no recollection of how you've gotten there, or any memory of what happened to you recently. The room looks metallic, as if you are on some sort of underground base. You notice other made-up beds in the room, but not other people inside the room but yourself. In fact, the entire area seemed awfully quiet. You notice that your are sweating profusely. Checking on the thermostat you notice upon the wall, you see the temperature at 95 degrees Fahrenheit, or 35 degrees Celsius, and rising steadily. Then for the first time, you see a window at the end of the room, and walk towards it. It is then you realize where you exactly are.

Your are on a ship in space. From the look of it on the outside, it looks considerably damaged, though you do not quite know the extent of its damage based solely upon observation with your eye. You notice another bright object in the distance. A star, and it appears to be getting larger. Or the ship appears to be getting closer. You comprehend the gravity of the situation as you realize that this spaceship is on a collision course with the star. By the distance of the star, you have about 20 minutes before you and the derelict ship burn to a crisp. Your mission: Escape.

Like with all other events in the RPOs, you will have much creativity in this event. We merely have provided you the starting point, and from there, you may take this into any direction you want. The only real objective here is to escape by any means necessary.​

Rescue Mission

Oh no! Your mentor and friend Professor Oak has been kidnapped by Team Rocket! It was a near flawless operation, leaving few witnesses and fewer hints as to what exactly happened. The only solid facts so far is that the kidnapping happened in Oak's lab late at night and for whatever reason left the lab in shambles. You, a trainer who received his/her first Pokemon and have developed a relationship with him since then, have found out over the news and immediately head to Pallet Town to investigate what happened and hopefully find a breakthrough to rescue Professor Oak from the clutches of Team Rocket.

Of course when you arrive, you are not allowed to enter the premises being that the local police force have closed off the scene of the crime. Sneaking into the lab that night, you commence your investigation finding a hint that the evil base of Team Rocket is located somewhere in the Safari Zone. You prepare yourself to rescue the poor professor.

Like with all other events in the RPO, you will have much creativity with this event. We have merely provided to you the starting point, and from there, you may take this into any direction you want. The only real objective is to rescue Professor Oak, but the means by which that is achieved is entirely up to you.​

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
One-Line: Life is like a song [K+]

One-Line: Life is like a song [K+]

"Life has a beautiful beginning, a meaningful middle, and when it ends, you feel disheartened because it's over."

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
One-Line: Burdens (K)

No matter what you carry, everything becomes a burden, and everyone wants something lighter.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
One Line (K): Reality

Reality
One Line
Rated K

Reality is what you perceive, and what you perceive can be fabricated...

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
One-Line: Never Give Up

Never Give Up (K):

"Never give up, even if the probability of failing is high, keep getting back up every time you fall to the ground, never give up ever."

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
One-Liner: Divinity

One-Liner: Divinity (PG)

The angelic wings shone brilliantly as destruction enveloped the surroundings, their softness contrasting the divine protection they provided.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
One Liner: The Hour Glass (K)

Are we who we think we are, with all our bruises and all our scars, we've achieved our dreams, our goals, our hopes, time is ticking, death is close, we think our lives are in our hands, but really they're up to the falling sands.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Short Story/Character: Brian Yzerman vs. George Sakic (K+ - T)

Brian was sitting on the ground in an open, empty, grass field in the middle of the route between Slateport City and Fortree City in Hoenn. Vaporeon was several feet in front of Brian, watching the surroundings like always. Meganium was to Brian's left, sleeping calmly in the grass and curled up. Typhlosion was leaning against the tree as well to Brian's left, keeping Brian company.

After awhile, Brian stood up and walked a couple more feet past Vaporeon and started practicing to fight with his hockey stick, just in case. You never know. After awhile longer, Brian and Vaporeon seemed to sense something simultaneously. Brian turned his head a bit to the left to try to see the tree behind the tree that Typhlosion was leaning against with the corner of his left eye. Then, Brian moved his head back forward and closed his eyes.

"What do you want George?" asked Brian

"Geez... just as good as always I see..." remarked an unknown voice.

Out from the tree behind the one Typhlosion was leaning against came out a boy the same age as Brian. His name was George Sakic. George Sakic had black hair, brown eyes, and white skin. He wore a white T-shirt, had a white and gray backpack with him. He wore blue jeans and black shoes. He had his hockey stick with him, but not in a case like Brian did. He was also the son of the great Colorado Avalanche player, Joe Sakic.

George approached Brian. When George walked past Brian's Typhlosion, Typhlosion glared at George.

"Well? What do you want?" asked Brian

"Heh... what do you think?" asked George as he rubbed the back of his head with his right hand

"Tch. My dad sent you to come get me?" asked Brian

"Bingo. The Yzerman family told me to get you by any means necessary." informed George

"I see. But why you?" asked Brian

"Good question. I asked myself that. I'd say it's to enrage you and you'd go back home of your own free will and go back to playing hockey" answered George

"It would work... for a normal person anyway. But for me? Nope, I won't allow it." announced Brian

"Oh... I see..." remarked George

"Do you even care? With me gone, you're on top, right?" asked Brian

"That's true, and since you've been gone, I've enjoyed being in the spotlight" replied George

"Right. Can't you just leave it be and leave me alone?" asked Brian

"Afraid not. But, I'm not going to listen to them. I'm going to make sure you never play hockey ever again!!" declared George

Brian said nothing and got serious. He jumped backward and now was several feet away from George. Vaporeon and Typhlosion stood up and made their way toward Brian and stood behind him. Meganium remained asleep.

"Shouldn't you wake your Meganium up?" asked George

"No. That's okay. These two will be enough." replied Brian

"It's three on two then!!!!!" shouted George

"It won't matter" remarked Brian

((Que: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpgh3Bu5MV4 ))

George sent out a Raticate. Brian's Typhlosion stepped forward.

"Raticate, use Hyper Fang!!" shouted George

Raticate dashed toward Typhlosion, but, Typhlosion easily sidestepped. Without an order, Typhlosion used Flamethrower, scorching Raticate. Raticate fell to the ground, unconscious.

"What?! But Brian didn't even give it a command......." thought George.

George recalled Raticate, and then sent out a Dugtrio.

"Cut" spoke Brian

"Wha?!" gasped George, it was too late. Typhlosion appeared behind Dugtrio. Dugtrio's eyes widened. It fell unconscious.

George recalled Dugtrio and sent out a Dewgong. George smirked.

"You're screwed" stated George

"Hmph" grunted Brian

"That's it!!!!!!! You're mine!!!!!!!!" yelled George as he came after Brian with his hockey stick.

Meganium woke up just in time, as it kicked Brian's case toward him. Brian easily caught it.

(( Switch to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02dX6VexfcA&feature=plcp ))

Brian quickly opened his case, took out his hockey stick and quickly raised his hockey stick over him horizontally to block George's slashes. Vaporeon quickly smacked Brian's case away with its tail. With the case out of his way, Brian was free to get serious.

George tried to slash Brian vertically in a north to south slash, but, Brian jumped backward and counterattacked with a quickly forward dash strike and attacked George with a good ground slashing combo, eventually ending with a horizontal left to right slash that forced George backward a couple feet.

"Typhlosion..." started Brian, but, without another word, Typhlosion nodded in agreement.

Typhlosion threw Brian toward Dewgong as Typhlosion hit George with a Quick Attack. Brian came at Dewgong to fast for it to react, so, it was struck with an aerial slashing combo ending with a vertical north to south slash that forced Dewgong backward a bit. Then... Typhlosion seemed to come out of nowhere as it struck Dewgong with another Quick Attack. This, combined with Brian's assault, made Dewgong fall to the ground, unconscious.

End Music

"You lose. Get over it." started Brian, since George said nothing, Brian continued "Do me a favor and give my dad a message. Tell him that I'm going to be a trainer, and there's nothing he can do about it. But, also tell him that just because I'm a trainer, doesn't mean I still won't play hockey. After my journey, I'll go back to playing hockey." announced Brian

"Heh. Alright, I'll tell him. You're pretty good. Honestly, you're just as good at pokemon as you are at hockey, which is pretty amazing." complimented George

Brian smiled. Despite them being rivals, George and Brian were good friends. Brian knew George would give his dad his message.

"By the way... I've heard an odd rumor, and I just thought you should know it." informed George

"Hm? What is it?" asked Brian

"Well... there's a weird rumor going around that the legendary pokemon are weakened or are in trouble or something. I'm not sure. When I overheard it, the person talking about didn't seem to know what they were talking about themselves." answered George

"I see. Whatever. I don't care..." remarked Brian

"Oh. That's right... you don't trust legends, or Gods do you?" asked George

"That's right. You just don't know what they're true intentions are..." replied Brian

"That's true. Well... I'd best be going and give your dad your message. See ya." remarked George

"Alright. Thanks again." replied Brian as he waved goodbye to George.

Brian wasn't sure what was going to happen next, but, he then started to practice fighting with his hockey stick again. Brian couldn't shake this bad feeling he had. He wasn't sure what it was or what the feeling was trying to tell him, but, he would be prepared for the worst.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
One-Liner (K)
Spoiler:

A right for your wrongs (a.k.a. Short Story) (T)
Spoiler:

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
A Fight for Her Hand [Short story/character] (T)

Aloin flashed a grin up toward Lisanna as he stepped into the coliseum ring. Lisanna sat atop the highest balcony with her father to watch the competition, looking as beautiful and radiant as the goddess of beauty herself, her hair fluttering in the wind as she grinned back down at Aloin in reassurence. Her father remained as stoic and steely eyed as ever--Aloin had no idea what he thought of him. He could only hope that the man just didn't hate him.

Aloin's opponent walked into the coliseum then, flexing his own muscles as he happily acknowledged the crowd's applause. Aloin frowned as he watched him bow once toward Lisanna's father and look at the girl hungrily. He saw her more as a prize than a person. Rather than trying to win her hand, he wanted to win the perks and riches she came with. Aloin couldn't allow someone so materialistic to win--he just couldn't. He didn't mind if he himself wasn't the one fit to marry the most beautiful woman in all of Orre, but he would be damned if he allowed someone even less fit ahead of him.

"The semifinals begin!" Lisanna's father, Lucius, spoke grandly as he stood up, spreading his arms wide to quiet the cheering crowd. They fell silent as if unplugged. "Aloin, the traveller all the way from Hoenn, and Pallas, a man from our own desert country of Orre, shall fight to be the one to wed my daughter! Only one shall continue from here and challenge the other finalist! Amorous trainers, begin!"

"Breloom," Aloin said shortly, and Breloom glanced back at him calmly. Seeing the resolved expression on his master's face, the mushroom nodded once, tilting the large toadstool atop its head slightly as it braced its legs, clenching its claw-like fists. Pallas' Eelektross slithered forward as its master took the initiative of calling the first move.

"Let's get this over with quick, Eelektross! Zap cannon!"

Eelektross fired a flurry of yellow orbs of pure electricity at Breloom relentlessly, attempting to land one of the hits. Breloom raised its arms in a boxer-like stance and easily hopped from side to side, evading the orbs as he moved forward swiftly. Aloin knew that so long as Eelektross was only firing randomly and hoping for a lucky hit, getting in close wouldn't be a problem.

"Dynamic punch!"

Breloom thrust its fist forward as it shot forward with a single hop, closing the remaining distance instantaneously. Pallas, however, grinned as Eelektross swiftly dodged the attack as it flexibly moved its slender body out of the way, allowing Breloom to pass over it.

"Bind!"

Eelektross' arms wrapped around Breloom's body tightly, forcing Aloin's Pokemon to stand still on the ground and pin its arms to its side.

"And now zap cannon!"

Eelektross fired blast after blast at Breloom point blank and Breloom cried out in pain as the attacks landed each time, sending shocks of electricity through him each time. It pained Aloin to see this, but he knew he had to be patient...

A collective gasp went through the crowd as several people pointed upwards, though Pallas ignored them. He was focused only on the victory coming closer and closer within his gasp. So he could blame no one else but himself as hard shelled seeds rained from above, slamming into Eelektross' body, throwing it off of Breloom as it was covered in bruises from the "seed bomb" attack. Breloom hopped back several paces before falling to one knee, in pain from its wounds.

"Throwing up seed bombs to hit their mark when we're distracted..." Pallas muttered. "That's a shameful blow!"

"You just didn't notice." Aloin ignored Pallas' whining. What difference did it make how the attack was dealt? He should have been paying more attention. "Breloom, can you use dynamic punch?"

Pallas laughed as Breloom struggled to stand and winced once more in pain. "As if he'd be okay! Those attacks left him paralyzed so badly, he can hardly move!"

"Oh, he can move alright." Aloin assured as Breloom suddenly shot up to its feet and shot forward, ramming one fist into Eelektross' face that sent the eelfish Pokemon flying back. "It just took a moment for it to recover enough energy."

"What--how?!" Pallas roared with fury as he saw that his Pokemon was completely knocked out an unable to battle. "There is no way that could have happened! I call foul play! Automatic disqualification for unfair advantage!"

"There was no foul play." Lucius said firmly as he stood up, and the crowd, which had been mumbling about the ending, fell silent once more. "Breloom had not been paralyzed because it was already 'suffering' from another ailment, am I right?"

"Yes." Aloin nodded as he motioned to Breloom. Breloom held up a sphere of pure mauve up for everyone to see. "Breloom was holding a Toxic Orb, which poisoned him. With the ability, Toxic Heal, Breloom recovered health, rather than lose it."

Lucius nodded. "And so I rule the manuever completely legal. Pallas, you have lost. Aloin, I praise you for your talent."

"Thank you, sir." Aloin bowed his head respectfully as Pallas continued to seethe furious, glaring at Aloin.

"Don't think for a moment that you're getting away with this." He warned quietly, so that only Aloin could hear. "No one gets away with cheating me."

"You lost fair and square." Aloin murmured back with an exasperated sigh. "Try to save some face."

"You'll regret this." Pallas promised before turning away haughtily, heading toward the exit to the arena. Aloin and Breloom watch him leave, unsure of what to make of it. Had someone just sworn vengeance against them?

But Aloin couldn't dwell on it. He noticed Lisanna and Lucius whispering to one another and saw the girl's blue eyes flicker toward him a few times, alight with interest. This instantly made him feel better. Maybe he really had a fair shot after all.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Extraterrestrial Escape

Rated: T | Event: Escape | Character: "Andrew" | by: Meganium90
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
SwiftSign: Parody [Rated T]

At Wits End

Parody | Rated: T

"The sea..." whispered the lonely Captain from his cell, his hands wrapped around the window's bars. The men grabbed at his shoulders and arms firmly, dragging the Captain away from his beloved ocean. He kicked and screamed as they went, "Give me back my ship you dirty land-lovers!" The bedraggled man fought and twisted as he was pulled in to the bright white room, strapped down by his arms and legs.

The spotless room he had been wrestled into seemed out of place, the air here seemed cleaner; the sound of the crashing waves and calling birds was replaced by a gentle humming from above. He noticed a blood-stained cloth wrapped around his arm, he assumed it was his own – yet the only wound he could find was a tiny insect bite. "They must be keeping me for questioning! Those dogs want my treasure!" He mumbled to himself, reaching to his belt, "AR! Not my sword too, mongrels, mongrels," he shouted this time, rising from his knees and pounding on the heavy metal wall.

A sudden scraping sound surprised the Captain, he stumbled backwards as a small gap appeared in the door.

"Jack, please calm down," the woman suggested in a stern voice, an order from a woman! Thought the Captain, reeling back from shock. Luckily, Captain Jack was a well known ladies man, not a single girl on the open water had managed to turn him down.

"Kitchen girl!" He cried, staggering back to the door and caressing it with his fingers, "You are certainly the most beautiful thing in this oddly bright chamber, I particularly like that you lock people up – just my kind of woman," the lady's eyes levelled with the opening, narrowing slightly.

The visor slammed shut, the faint sound of a call for help. "Don't go my lovely!" Jack called after her, his face squashed flat on the steel door, "Come in, I'm wearing a lovely dress," he flirted, before looking down at himself puzzled.

"Quite why I wore this today I don't know," he muttered, looking down at the white gown, before peering over his shoulder at the open back, "must have got lucky or something."

The case-file of Jack Finch.

On 9th of July 2003 one "Jack Finch" was arrested in L.A., California, for disruption of the peace. The patient was responsible for a minor boating crash, leading to severe head trauma. Since recovering in hospital the 32-year-old has assumed the identify of one 'Captain Jack', despite having no credentials for such a title, in fact the patient is under a strict ban from being in control of any moving vehicle. Signs of the aforementioned character are: ludicrous statements of prowess in boating and/or drinking, obscene and insulting attempts of flirtation and an alcoholism dependent entirely on spiced rum.

Following over 12 months of counselling, Finch was released to live without weekly check-ups, however in 2006 he was brought in to his local police station after attempting to trade a monkey corpse with a very confused, west Indian girl. The patient claimed that the monkey was 'magical' and 'undead', although police confirmed that the corpse had been rotting for several weeks and showed no signs of movement. Despite appearing in court, the jury sympathised with the patient, leading to a short sentence, being released just two months later.

In 2007 Finch was arrested yet again, this time for assaulting an elderly man. The patient simultaneously poked the victim with a sharp stick and pulled out the man's stylised beard. When asked why he attacked, Finch replied: "His octopus keeps attacking people, I'm not letting him turn any more sailors into sharks [sic]."

It was at this point that recommendation for admission to County House was filed.

Mr. Jack Finch is to be sectioned under code 117, solitary confinement may be necessary in order to protect other patients and work staff.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

One Liner [T]

"Cold toilet seats are the worst."​

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

A First is a Start

Rated: K+ | Event: My First Catch | Character: "Alex" | by: Meganium90
Spoiler:

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
My First Catch (T)

The Loudest Makes no Sound

[East end of Route 116, Hoenn 6:55 am]

Spoiler:

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
First Catch: Doofus (K+)

First Catch

Title: Doofus
Spoiler:

NOTE:
A few copy-paste errors are in there from copying from my Word document. um...yeah.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Short Story/Character - Pokemon Odyssey: Dragon Blood [T]

Pokemon Odyssey:
Dragon Blood
Short Story/Character [T]​
"Outrage is both a blessing, and a curse. It grants its user unfathomable power, but at the terrible cost of self control…"
-Erratt Chronos, Keeper of Lost Knowledge
Spoiler:

This story is based on SuperVegeta's Pokemon Odyssey.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Double Whammy - Short Story/Parody

Short Story {Rated [T]}

"Normal Lives"

Spoiler:

Parody! Rated M

"Guns of the....what is it called again, Otacon?"

Spoiler:

Last edited: