• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
Imitating Mystery Gift (RSEFRLG)

Hello, for a start sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it and if you have to I apoligise.

I was wondering whether it's possible to imitate the Mystery Gift wireless signals using bluetooth or some form of wireless from a computer, in order to activate events without having to use Gameshark etc etc.

Thank you

tnfsf11

So I have a question, did Arceus create the universe then create Mew who started laying eggs of all Pokemon in the world? LOL :D no srsly.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hello, for a start sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it and if you have to I apoligise.

I was wondering whether it's possible to imitate the Mystery Gift wireless signals using bluetooth or some form of wireless from a computer, in order to activate events without having to use Gameshark etc etc.

Thank you

I know it's possible for the DS games, and I do remember someone releasing a wonder guard Spiritomb at a Nintendo comp years ago. I'm not sure if it's possible in Gen III though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So I have a question, did Arceus create the universe then create Mew who started laying eggs of all Pokemon in the world? LOL no srsly.

Feel free to come back and ask a question in this thread when it's actually relevant to the generation it's for. I can't take this one seriously.

Make a thread on it in Pokemon General if you're genuinely interested.

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
Years
Internal battery woes

Well, here's the situation:
  • My Emerald internal battery is dry
  • My Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team's battery is not dry, I think
  • My Gold internal battery is almost about to die
Would it work if I transferred my Red Rescue Teams' internal battery to either Emerald or Gold? Or do they have separate models of batteries?

I would normally go buy new batteries, but I was simply wondering if there was any alternative.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
To answer your question, yes, I do believe that you could take out the current internal battery from your Red Rescue Team cartridge and replace it with the dead battery of your Emerald game. I specify your Emerald game because if you did decide to do that, you can only replace it with your Emerald game because they are both Gameboy Advance cartridges. Gameboy Advance cartridges require a CR1616 Lithium Cell battery, whereas the Gameboy Color cartridges require either the CR2025 or CR2032 batteries.

Would that be practical? No. You don't know whether or not the battery in your Red Rescue Team is on the verge of drying out anytime soon. I'd suggest just buying new batteries for both your Emerald and Gold cartridges and replacing them yourself. The batteries themselves are not expensive and there a ton of tutorials online that guide you through changing the batteries. You'll also need some simple tools that you probably already have lying around your house.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Ok so im new and I have to questions in which i cannot find the answer to.

One: I'm about to replay my old japanese sapphire version when someone told me that i can catch jirachi and deoxys in the japanese version. (not by the stupid spaceship rumor) It had to do with raquayza and stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone knew whether or not this is true, or if there is a way? (not by cheating or bonus disk or event)

and Two: i looked up how to change the internal battery when it runs dry and followed it exactly but it didnt work. does anyone know how or if you can. or even if a CR 16 16T is the same as a CR 16 16 battery?

sorry for all the questions, just getting frusterated is all :(

vaporeon7

Years
Ok so im new and I have to questions in which i cannot find the answer to.

One: I'm about to replay my old japanese sapphire version when someone told me that i can catch jirachi and deoxys in the japanese version. (not by the stupid spaceship rumor) It had to do with raquayza and stuff. I just wanted to know if anyone knew whether or not this is true, or if there is a way? (not by cheating or bonus disk or event)

Nope, you should yell at them, they are a lier.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sadly, no. ;( Just stick an Amulet Coin on your lead and use the Vs. Seeker on some trainers. I like to battle the ones on the route next to Lavender, where there's a double battle and those four trainers standing together, so you have a ton of people on screen to potentially rematch. That way you get some exp as well as money, and that's always nice. Which I'm implying to just buy the coins, not actually play slots btw, since idk if you're gambling or not. :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Ugh.. never mind then lol. I don't think I'll have enough time to grind all that money before the Love in the Cloud event finishes^^

I'll just stick to Flame Wheel :P

Years
In Emerald I have trained a nincada to level 20 and wish it to evolve into Shedinja. According to Bulbapedia, there are specfic requirements to achieve this: 1.) a vacant spot in my team and 2.) a pokeball in my bag.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shedinja_(Pokémon)#Evolution

Both I have met and yet it tried to evolve into Ninjask (I stopped it). WTF!?

Has your Nincada been holding an Everstone? That item prevents Pokemon from evolving as long as they keep it held. If that's the case, remove it and level it up and it should be able to evolve.

vaporeon7

Years
In Emerald I have trained a nincada to level 20 and wish it to evolve into Shedinja. According to Bulbapedia, there are specfic requirements to achieve this: 1.) a vacant spot in my team and 2.) a pokeball in my bag.

Oh, well Nincada will evolve into Ninjask, and then a Shedinja will appear in your party as well in the spare spot.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years

I think in Emerald, you just need a empty spot to fill in Shedinja when you evolve Nincada into Ninjask. You have no need to use a Pokeball to do it though (the Pokeball requirements happened in Generation IV and beyond).

Years
I think in Emerald, you just need a empty spot to fill in Shedinja when you evolve Nincada into Ninjask. You have no need to use a Pokeball to do it though (the Pokeball requirements happened in Generation IV and beyond).

He's right. In 3rd Gen you don't specifically need a Poke Ball, so any kind of Poke Ball will be used.

In 4th Gen and beyond, you do need a regular Poke Ball to get Shedinja.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
What happens if both you and your opponent use vital throw?

If it has something to do with speed, what if both speeds were equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back