• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
About an hour ago got Audino to level 100 in a double battle with Herdier, and now got Herdier to level 100 beating a Druddigon aka Crimgan. Amusing because I hate Druddigon the most of all Unova Pokemon and Herdier is my favourite of all. :) Scrafty is almost level 96, so just Boldore to go of the main four.

THEN. Going to get Sigilyph to level 100 probably since it's been my HM user. :x

Years
I did a few trade evolutions with my brother's White:

Shelmet > Accelgor (Male, Lonely)

Karrablast > Escavalier (Male, Hardy)

Gurdurr > Conkeldurr (Female, Docile)

Boldore > Gigalith (Female, Sassy)

Seadra > Kingdra (Male, Relaxed)

Slowpoke > Slowking (Female, Quirky)

Dusclops > Dusknoir (Female, Hardy)

Magmar > Magmortar (Male, Brave)

Electabuzz > Electivire (Female, Bashful)

Kadabra > Alakazam (Female, Quiet)

Haunter > Gengar (Male, Hasty)

Feebas > Milotic (Female, Mild)

Porygon > Porygon2 > Porygon-Z (No Gender, Modest)

I still have more stuff to do, including hunting for evolutionary stones!

Last edited:

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
I've finally gotten past Castelia City. I stopped by Liberty Island to get my Vicitini.
494.gif

Valyria | Timid​
I named it Valyria after something from the Game of Thrones. :] It's taking me a long time to beat the game. I'm taking time to capture Pokemon on the routes. I also skipped picking up my elemental monkey. I'm going to go back and get it later.
My awesome team.
496.gif
505.gif
507.gif
520.gif

Rue, Cashmere, Effie, and Clove. ♥​

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
I'm going to go ahead and use that double post that we're allowed now. :]

I pretty much blew through Route 4 and Nimbasa City. I had that creepy encounter with N on the Ferris wheel. N was always creepy to me. Derp. I didn't stop to catch any Pokémon on Route 4 like I thought I would. After Nimbasa I met Alder on Route 5. Cheren was his normal, rude self and I got to battle some preschoolers. After having Elisa call to have the bridge lowered I caught a cute Ducklett.

580.gif

Soon after, he became the father of Ducky.

580.gif

After getting Ducky I had to rearrange my team a bit. I took out Cashmere and Clove. I replaced them with Ducky and Valyria. I collected a few wings on Driftveil bridge before making my way to town. I turned the game off right after I met the gym leader and he demanded Cheren and I to get rid of Team Plasma. :] <3

497.gif
508.gif
580.gif
494.gif

Rue, Effie, Ducky, and Valyria. ♥​

Until next time!

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2017
I restarted my Black version today. I had to get the event Mewtwo and Victini before I restarted, and I traded them over. I had my team planned out (which you shall find out in a few minutes).

So, I began by choosing Tepig, after calling my character Hilda. I battled my two friends, and won. I checked Tepig's nature after, and It got a Relaxed nature. I stepped outside and watched the cute Pidove fly off in the sun, which was really nice to watch...

Bianca argued with her dad, but that was normal really. He is overprotective of her. I walked into the lab with my friends (I wish you could name both of the rivals really). Juniper gave us the dex, but Cheren became nerdy for a minute. I didn't NN Tepig, as I haven't NN'd the rest of the team.

Mom gave us the town maps, then bid us a good trip. We got a capture tutorial before gaining five Poké Balls. I use these to capture some trade fodder, so my team can be traded over as soon as I get the C-gear.
I arrive after being told by Bianca that I have 3 Pokémon. Expert observation there Bianca. I am shown around the Pokécenter before stocking up.

Ghetsis and Team Plasma make a speech to us, before a rather strange man comes over. He says he is called N. I beat him with my Tepig, but I find him as a really motivated person, and I like his passion for Pokémon.

I head to route 2, and Mom rings, asking me if everything is good. She hangs up, and meets me. I get the running shoes before she goes back to Nuvema Town. I catch another 'mon, and battle the trainers en route. I beat Bianca with my Tepig. I find Cheren whilst looking for the Gym Leader, and win against him easily.

I stock up on items, and go after Pansage, and I get a Hardy nature too. It doesn't matter, he's trade fodder.

Cilan instructs me to prepare for Water types, but I go in the Gym and beat the trainers. I began battling Cress, but he beats me the first time. It doesn't matter, as I win the second time. I have the ~Trio Badge~ and I find Fennel. She instructs me to go to the Dreamyard. I do, and I discover Munnam but Team Plasma try to kick it for Dream Mist but I beat them. Tepig learns Flame Charge and the grunts are scared off by the Ghetsis illusion. Musharna appears, as does Fennel. We go to her place, and get the C-gear.

I head out, and use IR to trade the rest of the team over. I traded over:

A PKLATAM Jirachi,an Axew, a Chimchar, a Vaporeon and a Pichu.

My journey has finally begun! I go to the daycare trainers and win, which causes Tepig to evolve! It is now a Pignite, and it also has Arm Thrust too.

I beat Cheren soon after, but Team Plasma have stolen a girl's Pokémon! We go to Wellspring cave, and we retrieve the Pokémon back! Cheren goes to deliver the Pokémon, whilst I stay a minute to explore the cave. I get TM46 Thief, and exit. I save there, ready to continue...

(Ugh, long post FTW!)

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Nothing much today, my Dragonite, Gengar and Scizor got some levels today. Gengar/Scizor 64 to 68 and Dragonite 65 to 69. I also got my event Mewtwo today.

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
494.png
581.png
508.png
497.png
586-s.png
614.png

Valyria, Ducky, Effie, Rue, Sawsbuck, and Beartic. ♥​

I reached Mistralton and did some Pokémon catching. :] I caught Joltik, Ferroseed, Klink, Drilbur, Litwick, Elgyem, Cubchoo. Pretty good haul. ♥ Effie learned Fire, Thunder, and Ice Fang from the move relearner. It was helpful during the battles at the Mistralton City gym. :D I moved on to Icirrus City. I didn't linger in Twist Mountain at all. I really don't like that mountain. Once I got to Iccirus I ran around the front of Dragonspiral tower and caught some more Pokémon. I caught Deerling and Mienfoo. I love deerling so I decided to add it to my party along with Cubchoo. After training a bit, I took on the gym. Valyria took out all the ice Pokémon easily.

After the gym, I cleared Dragon Spiral tower. Team Plasma are just a bunch of push overs. :P I'm currently on my way to Relic Castle. Hoping to catch more Pokémon on the way.

Until next time!

Years
Didn't do much today, I battled the Stadium trainers in Nimbasa to get my Salamence from Lv.86 to 91. I also bought my fifth power item, the Power Band. I will be able to get the Belt with a few more runs through the Subway.

Also trying to evolve Munchlax and Chingling, I hate evolving friendship Pokémon but it has to be done. I don't think I'm too far off now.

Years
Started up my new Black Version, and immediately named my character Kevin. Since that is my name, I figured it would be appropriate. I immediately chose Tepig and named him Cray (My sis was blasting That ish cray on her ihome). On the first route, I decided I wanted a Lillipup, therefore I got one. Nicknamed him Derp (I love derpiness). Finally, entering the first city with a gym, I went to the dreamyard and got a Pansage that I thought I would need. After training, I defeated the gym leader with this team:
506.gif
498.gif
511.gif

I assumed three Pokemon this early on was too much to train, so I decided to make Pansage (nicknamed Lawl) my HM slave (or just cut slave). After defeating Cheren once more, and saving the little girl's Pokemon, my Cray evolved! Then, a dust cloud appeared and out came a Drilbur. I very much wanted an Excadrill in the future, so I took my chance and caught it! Bam. He's nicknamed Finnick (I was thinking about my favorite character from The Hunger Games). Before I battled Lenora, I took my opportunity to train my fresh team, and took it right outside Pinwheel Forest.

With my higher leveled team ready to go, I took on Lenora and after one loss, I defeated her. With my second badge in hand, Team Plasma took their chance to steal something from the museum. We chased them down until we got the dragon's skull back and I got a moon stone for my actions. Finally, I arrived in Castelia City where I am now saved and resting.

My team:
529.gif
499.gif
507.gif

Finnick Lvl 21; Cray Lvl 23; Derp Lvl 21

Years
I went to Route 8 and received a Heat Rock from the Parasol Lady, taught my Ferrothorn Gyro Ball and showed her to the lady in Driftveil City and she gave me a Heart Scale, I then went to Castelia City and picked up a Casteliacone as well as receive a Rawst Berry for showing my Chandelure to the Harlequin in Studio Castelia.

I am now battling against the Trainers in Big Stadium.

My team is:

503.gif
567.gif
576.gif
586-summer.gif
609.gif
635.gif

This post here is my 1000th Unova Travel Journal entry, so well done to me!

I collected a few items in Dust Clouds, including a Leaf Stone to evolve my Exeggcute into Exeggutor.

Also, my Skorupi evolved into Drapion.

I also battled Austin at the Ferris Wheel using my new Drapion and he won against Austin's Swoobat. I'm about to ride on the Ferris Wheel.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, so after I beat Burgh, I trained on the Desert Route and did all the Team Plasma stuff. After defeating N, I trained even more (I was quite under-leveled). Since Finnick had Rock Slide I easily defeated Elesa and got another badge woo! Before the drawbridge lowered, Finnick got to level 31 and evolved!!c:

Moved on to the drawbridge and caught a Ducklett named Mama (I don't know). Happy with my new addition to the team, I trained it and caught a load of Pokemon that I may consider adding as my 6th member. All the way from desert route, the list is: Scraggy, Yamask, Minccino, Gothita, Vanillite (♥), and Deerling. I gave none of them nicknames as I have no clue whether I want them or not. Anyways, after training up more, Derp evolved, and then came Clay. The victorious team is this...
499.gif
580.gif
508.gif
530.gif

Moving on, I got into Chargestone Cave and now was looking for a Tynamo. It took me fer.ev.er to find one, but I did at the end of the cave. Oh, yeah, while I was in there Mama and Cray evolved. I was a little too excited about that.. After catching a Tynamo and naming her Zappah, I went to the move relearner and taught my Derp Ice Fang. Now I'm training Zappah whilst deciding what Pokemon should be the last addition to my team.
530.gif
Tynamo.gif
581.gif
508.gif
500.gif

Finnick lvl35; Zappah lvl29; Mama lvl36; Derp lvl35; Cray lvl38

So... Any suggestions for my last Pokemon on the team? There's so many to choose from, so anybody's ideas would be appreciated.. I'm thinking between some I've already caught and some I may catch.....
Scrafty, Confagrigus, Vanilluxe, Sawsbuck, Simisage, Beheeyem, Chandelure, Haxorus, Gothitelle, Golurk, Bisharp, Cinccino, Klinklang, Beartic, Accelgor..
Any suggestions welcome..
Til the next update, peace \m/

Last edited:
Years
Did a few Trainer Battles and level grinding yesterday with two new evolutions:

My Murkrow evolved into Honchkrow with a Dusk Stone I found in the Chargestone Cave. She also learned Night Slash after evolving!

Also, my Dragonair who I had since she was a Dratini is now a mighty Dragonite plus she also learned Wing Attack!

Now I'm in Nimbasa City.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
I just finished EV training my Gyarados (Horacio) in the hope of getting into competitive battles on-line! He is currently level 42, being trained on route 14!!! :D

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Going to try to get a Latios and Darkrai and take the Unova League on with them only.

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
Years
  • Age 33
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
Going to beat the Elite Four a 2nd time, here's my current White Team:

[All Female]
Samurott (Calypso)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Surf, Razor Shell, Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon.

Volcarona (Fire Queen)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Toxic, Overheat.

Zebstrika (Blitzkrieg)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Shock Wave, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Discharge.

Krookodile (Sandy)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Crunch, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Outrage.

Cinccino (Prinzessin)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Swift, Hyper Voice, Sing, Tail Slap.

Cherrim (Duchess)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Facade, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Sunny Day.

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
Years
So... Any suggestions for my last Pokemon on the team? There's so many to choose from, so anybody's ideas would be appreciated.. I'm thinking between some I've already caught and some I may catch.....
Scrafty, Confagrigus, Vanilluxe, Sawsbuck, Simisage, Beheeyem, Chandelure, Haxorus, Gothitelle, Golurk, Bisharp, Cinccino, Klinklang, Beartic, Accelgor..
Any suggestions welcome..
Til the next update, peace \m/
Beheeyem is a good choice, as I have one on White and he's been extremely helpful. Bisharp's also good, but if you pick him, try grabbing one with Defiant as that Ability is awesome. But in all honesty, I'd go with Golurk myself. I have one on Black and White and the big fella is really useful. Riser's never let me down. Just make sure you let your Golett evolve at 45 and not 43--at 45 it'll learn Earthquake which is very handy.

Currently, I'm parked on Route 3, gathering Golett eggs. I'm on a shiny hunt right now; 2,200 eggs and still no shiny yet! I haven't done much game wise, but that will change as I start prepping for the eventual move to B2W2. (Wish me luck on that: I only have 66 shinies that I grabbed from the GTS to port over...!)

Years
Autumn has begun in Unova and I have gone around collecting items in the Chargestone Cave, including a Water Stone, an Oval Stone and two Everstones.

I also battled the trainers in Nimbasa City's two stadiums.

My team is:

503.gif
567.gif
576.gif
635.gif
586-autumn.gif
609.gif

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I just beat the fourth gym and am taking the journey back to the Name Rater in Castelia City.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
Years
Just restarted White, so here goes. c:

Prof. Juniper asked my name and gender; answered Girl, Sarah.
Waited for Bianca and then picked Tepig.
Beat Cheren and Bianca, showing no mercy.
Gave my Tepig a nickname. She's now known as Debbie.

On Route 1, I caught a Lillipup named Oregano and a Patrat named Rita.
Did all the stuff Prof. wanted me to do, listened to the speech by Ghetsis, then beat N into submission.

Now I'm off to train, catch some more Pokes, then head off to the gym.

Tepig; Debbie. Lvl 8
Careful nature.
Atk: 17
Def: 13
Sp. Atk: 11
Sp. Def: 13
Spd: 13

Lillipup; Organo. Lvl 3
Quirky nature.
Atk: 9
Def: 8
Sp. Atk: 6
Sp. Def: 7
Spd: 9

Patrat; Rita. Lvl 4
Gentle nature.
Atk: 9
Def: 7
Sp. Atk: 8
Sp. Def: 8
Spd: 8

Last edited:
Years
Obtained myself a new Pokemon - a Solosis traded over from my brother's White.

I exchanged her for one of my unused Gothitas.

Here's her status:

577.gif

Lv19
Female
Hasty nature
Magic Guard
Psychic, Hidden Power, Light Screen, Charm

Just taught her Psychic from the TM, I hope to raise her into a fine Reuniclus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back