• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fan Club

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Omg. The season finale was amazing! Queen Crysalis is the most evil villian in MLP yet. But this probably means that the villians are just going to ger more and more evil with every season. These two episodes reminded me of something Disney would do btw.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
These two episodes reminded me of something Disney would do btw.
I did get a very 90s-Disney vibe from the songs of this episode as well. I'm not normally one to really like or care about the songs, but I thought these ones were particularly well done. As far as the episode goes, I really liked it. I especially liked how the story dovetailed from a simple Royal Wedding parody (which could have been AWFUL with the references to William/Kate that could have been made) to a more traditional action-film story. It certainly didn't feel padded either, and felt like it deserved every second of its 43-minute runtime, which is something I was concerned about going into the episode.

And now it's just a wait until Season 3 starts up again. Tick tock, etc.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
As badass as the queen was, I don't think she was genuinely evil. When you think of her point of view, she was just making sure her species would live. Although they certainly made it look evil.

Seriously epic though. Even my mom agreed that it was the darkest badass thing to ever be produced by a kid's show. Especially the changeling fight scene.

Speaking of that fight scene, anyone else notice theat Rainbow Dash kissed Fluttershy? I've seen differing opinions and theories but I know it was a genuine kiss. It could still be a friendly non-romantic kiss, but I think it was official shipping even if just subliminal.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Speaking of that fight scene, anyone else notice theat Rainbow Dash kissed Fluttershy? I've seen differing opinions and theories but I know it was a genuine kiss. It could still be a friendly non-romantic kiss, but I think it was official shipping even if just subliminal.

All I heard was a strange squishing sound, it could anything. I don't think it was a kiss but if it was, it looked like a friendly non-romantic kiss on the cheek type of thing. To me, that doesn't make Flutterdash a canon ship, just the producers try to troll us by throwing in random sound effects.

Years
And out of the closet I come:

- Favorite Episode: Dragone Baby Gone - Bouncing Baby Bunnies Burning Brightly. No, wait, what's a FiW episode. Maybe Read it and Weep then. Or Luna Eclipsed. Or Lesson Zero. Or Stare Master. Or Baby Cakes. This is hard. Even when leaving the specials out.
- Favorite Main Pony: While Rarity having the best lines, Twilight having been amazing in Season 2 and Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy still wins by a large margin. Even did before I saw this. Sooo irresistibly adorable.
- Favorite Side Pony: A very common choice, if not the most common one: Luna. I don't even really know why, I just like her, after Luna Eclipsed she's always been my second favorite pony right after Fluttershy. And yes, even before I saw this.
- About Me: You probably already guessed it, but, yes, Rainbow Dash was already my second favorite main pony and third favorite pony overall before I saw this.
Anyway... when last year or so the MLP hype was being huge and obnoxious, I, for that exact reason, refused to watch an episode, my interest wasn't too big anyway. The hype faded a bit, time passed, and maybe 2 or 3 months ago I randomly stumbled across a pony video on youtube, actually watched it and somehow ended up watching episode 1. First a few minutes of the terribly half-assed German dub, then the original after reading comments about how much better it is. And, eventually, after watching a few episodes, what started out as something someone might call - my useless mind currently lacks a better word - lulz, had already developped into pure enthusiasm. I was so full of joy, it made me jump - and accidentally jump into the bathroom's doorframe. That hurt. A lot.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
Years
And out of the closet I come:

- Favorite Episode: Dragone Baby Gone - Bouncing Baby Bunnies Burning Brightly. No, wait, what's a FiW episode. Maybe Read it and Weep then. Or Luna Eclipsed. Or Lesson Zero. Or Stare Master. Or Baby Cakes. This is hard. Even when leaving the specials out.
- Favorite Main Pony: While Rarity having the best lines, Twilight having been amazing in Season 2 and Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy still wins by a large margin. Even did before I saw this. Sooo irresistibly adorable.
- Favorite Side Pony: A very common choice, if not the most common one: Luna. I don't even really know why, I just like her, after Luna Eclipsed she's always been my second favorite pony right after Fluttershy. And yes, even before I saw this.
- About Me: You probably already guessed it, but, yes, Rainbow Dash was already my second favorite main pony and third favorite pony overall before I saw this.
Anyway... when last year or so the MLP hype was being huge and obnoxious, I, for that exact reason, refused to watch an episode, my interest wasn't too big anyway. The hype faded a bit, time passed, and maybe 2 or 3 months ago I randomly stumbled across a pony video on youtube, actually watched it and somehow ended up watching episode 1. First a few minutes of the terribly half-assed German dub, then the original after reading comments about how much better it is. And, eventually, after watching a few episodes, what started out as something someone might call - my useless mind currently lacks a better word - lulz, had already developped into pure enthusiasm. I was so full of joy, it made me jump - and accidentally jump into the bathroom's doorframe. That hurt. A lot.

Okay, you'll be added to the member list, welcome to the club.

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Took a test

r6zbqq.jpg

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Why?

Ah, joining. But it will be quite difficult.

- Favorite Episode: I do not believe in playing favorites.
- Favorite Main Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
- Favorite Side Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
- About Me: Used to write Pokemon fanfiction. Started watching ponies instead.

I'm here with a question, which I am also asking elsewhere:

I've noticed that the "brony" population has a significant concentration Pokemon fans.

On Youtube many of the commentators on pony videos have obviously Pokemon-related usernames.

Pony avatars and themes appear all over PokeCommunity (this was probably the first place I ever saw it) and other Pokemon fansites.

Out of all the threads on the first page of this here "Other clubs" forum, the pony one has one of the most replies/views (2,445/73,085), trailing only Bleach at 3,385/80,552. But that is to be expected -- it's a year older than you.

So anyway, I really want to know:
Why My Little Pony and not something else?
Is it because of certain influential Pokemon site users?
Or is there something about MLPFIM that attracts the same people as Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Usually clubs are popular when there are things going on in the fandom, there are discussions, and if the members of the club are active. Of course, among other things. But this club had all those things. 'Had' because since the Season Finale this thread is (obvious) not being active. For the time being we should consider bringing up discussions/questions (like above) to chat and talk about? Not sure, but just because there aren't any new episodes doesn't mean this club can go quiet.

As for the other two questions part of it could be because despite the targeted audience both Pokemon and MLP have older fans as well. But I'll allow someone else to possibly elaborate on those two.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
As for the other two questions part of it could be because despite the targeted audience both Pokemon and MLP have older fans as well. But I'll allow someone else to possibly elaborate on those two.

Actually, on her deviantArt page, Lauren Faust noted to a (failing) troller that FiM was for both children and their parents, male parents included.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
According to a 2011 study on the subject, the average Brony is 21 years old.

So he would have been born in 1990, meaning he was 8 years old, the target audience of Pokemon when it became popular in 1998. Pokemon was the in thing 1998, all the "cool" guys played Pokemon cards. (This is the reason Pokemon has older fans.) But the previous generations of MLP had never reached that level.

Why would these same people get into MLP now?

Back