• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: DNS - Day, Night and Seasons

marcc5m

what
Years
Nice, but there are a few things you might want to fix.
- The Rom crashes upon entering a battle if you un-check "Use DAN in battles?".
- No Palette editor for seasons?
- DAN palette editor would be nice too.

Something I think would be pretty cool is if you could load up a certain tileset and palette from the ROM, and edit the tiles/palettes for the seasons and DAN. You know, like you could have a tree full of leaves in Summer, and then it loses leaves when it gets to Autumn/Fall, is covered in Snow when it's Winter, and when it gets back to Spring all the leaves are back, with the addition of some cute little pink flowers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
when i use the day and night system from this program its always night in my game

would somebody mind answering questions about bugs and making a tutorial because there are quite a few

but thank you for the new innovation

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
@Quilava's Master
ok, it's fixed. More at the end of this post.

@diegoisawesome
Maybe a R/S/Em-RTC will be supported in another version, but i didn't have planed something like this.

I didn't know Jambo's custom day-of-the-week setting routine but i can try to make such a Routine which shows the day of the week.

@joshblevins
In the left corner (at the bottom) will be a little buttom. If your ROM is supported you can erase the system (no warranty).

@Crimson Stardust
The RTC writes only some bytes in the RAM. If you didn't have any scripts which use the RTC, you can't see anything.

@Halfshadow, r0bert, Crimson Stardust
The season-system changes the tilesets. Therefor it uses an header. This header can be edited with the Season-Header-Editor.
If you install the System it will only install a blank header.

@Meta Paradox
you can use the XSE and comparefarbytetobyte or ASM and something like this
Code:
[...]
.equ Statusbyte, <here your Offset>
[...]
ldr r0, =Statusbyte
ldrb r0, [r0]
[...]
@Fireworks
If i make a "custom pal at time period"-script or something like this, it isn't a real DAN anymore. (imo)
If you want such a thing, i can edit my season-system an let it change the tileset every few hours.

@Joshuablevins
Maybe the RTC is diseabled in your emulator...
If you use VBA try Options->Emulator->Real Time Clock

@DNS
A new Version is released! It'll fix the battlebug, so you can now diseable the DAN-system in battles.

If you have already an old version you can use the updatefunction. Otherwise you can download the tool with your browser. (h**p://memoryresources.de/DNS/DNS.zip)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
@diegoisawesome
Maybe a R/S/Em-RTC will be supported in another version, but i didn't have planed something like this.

I didn't know Jambo's custom day-of-the-week setting routine but i can try to make such a Routine which shows the day of the week.
Well, this isn't exactly what I meant.
I meant that this new RTC does not have support for RSE's clock that you set at the beginning of the game. Usually, setting the clock only changes the default Emerald RTC, but it would be great if setting the clock in-game could make interdpth's RTC change as well.

Also, the custom day-of-the-week routine is simply making it so that you can set the day of the week in-game. you could probably make the RTC read from a byte in memory and add or subtract the required value from the actual day-of-the-week byte in interdpth's RTC.

If you want the routines to set the day of the week or any information about Emerald's clock setting from the beginning of the game, feel free to PM me.

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
@Meta Paradox
you can use the XSE and comparefarbytetobyte or ASM and something like this
Code:
[...]
.equ Statusbyte, <here your Offset>
[...]
ldr r0, =Statusbyte
ldrb r0, [r0]
[...]

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do this. Is there any other method? I have some knowledge in XSE scripting, but absolutely none about ASM hacking. Pardon me, can you provide a script that I can just assign in Advance Map to display the status? Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Years
I was using EZ-Flash 3 (supports RTC) to play, although I setted the time in the nightfall or others, but the palette always was the dark blue.

Last edited:

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
@Fireworks
I have such a function in a private DAN-Version, but i didn't want to release it.

@diegoisawesome
I'll look at this things, maybe a function will be added.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
@Fireworks
I have such a function in a private DAN-Version, but i didn't want to release it.

@diegoisawesome
I'll look at this things, maybe a function will be added.
Awesome, thanks.
By the way, I think you have to correct the description of the RTC - the "0x00" byte in between day and hour is the day of the week, just to let you know.

Years
If I'm not mistaken, this RTC is only supported by emulators, as it reads from the computers clock.

Yup! Really like this. The day night system that made by Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat functions when the clock that inside the game running, it is more useful for me, but got a bug. When I change the pokemon or use the item from the bag and then return back to the battle frame, it was halted. And it halted when the battle background palette changes along with the time periods of morning, afternoon, evening and night. So I decide to install DNS in my hack rom, but unfortunately interdpth's RTC doesn't support R/S/Em's clock.

mikocoon

error? who cares?
Years
can someone show what should we insert in season header editor in raw emerald rom.
(i confusing about this header, still beginner)

prime-dialga

pure darkness
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
@Derlo & diegoisawesome >DAN
maybe it's the ROM-Version or the VBA-Version. I don't know, but il make it possible for all ROMs in all VBA-Versions! (later ^^)

@r0bert
You can change the tilesets...

@diegoisawesome >double battles
I'll try to fix this.

Back