• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby 2

Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Firered/LeafGreen

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Customized/New

Votes: 36 67.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinta77

It just irritates me because i know im one of those players who looks for glitches >.< (i selected no (girl) on Ash Grey version just to see what would happen.) but oh well :P

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
ok but i think it's not a top priority...i have watched a trailer of the game ( the one with the latias and latios ) but why it is steven who rides latios ? It is a little bit weird to turn into steven while riding a latios and then turn back to brendan/landon

Pinta77

No no, you won't actually play as Steven. I simply used that sprite slot for steven riding latios. In the real game, you will not be able to ride latios (get the acro bike).

I've decided I'm just going to go with the WBO. There are glitches, but if I do it right, they won't crash the game. And if I'm lucky, some people might not even notice them. This means that you will be trapped in a certain area while wearing this outfit. (Like the the rocket outfit in goldenrod city on hg/ss) It's ok though cause this outfit plays a role in the story.

Oh, I think I'm going to add the option to put on the outfit before a Pokemon contest. We'll see how that turns out. I bet Maddie the business man will like it.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Cool. I didn't knew about the team rocket outfit in hg/ss as i have not played a single GEN IV or GEN V game...( technical requirements...)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've decided I'm just going to go with the WBO. There are glitches, but if I do it right, they won't crash the game. And if I'm lucky, some people might not even notice them. This means that you will be trapped in a certain area while wearing this outfit. (Like the the rocket outfit in goldenrod city on hg/ss) It's ok though cause this outfit plays a role in the story.
Yeah, that would be for the best ;)
Wesley did the similar thing in LP, so this ought to work =)

Pinta77

Ive seen wesley's name pop up all over the place. Which hack did he make? I moght want to play it.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Ive seen wesley's name pop up all over the place. Which hack did he make? I moght want to play it.

He is the one who made LIGHT PLATINUM ( pretty simple story but as the most of the people say it's awesome because it's good looking, though i don't believe its one of the best hacks...)

Pinta77

Oh he made Light Platinum! I've heard lots of good things about that. I'm currently trying to beat Jupiter version, so I'll try Light Platinum after that.

Beta 1.1:

New download link. As far as the story goes, nothing has changed. You cant get any farther then you can on the last patch. So what's different?

Good:
-Addition of Seawaddle, Swadloon, and Leavanny
-Day/night System
-Lunorre revamped
-Event on Route 702 (Incomplete, but playable)
-Someone who trades a pokemon of your choice for a "Rayquaza Card" (Key Item) both found on Route 702

BAD:
- Lots of incomplete scripts, including some on Route 702 as well as the gym/Colosseum in Lunorre.
-Gym in Lunorre is messed up to say the least as far as mapping
-Person events with no script
-Extra door in the first cave that leads to the "Debug Room".
(This room is simply for me to test things out quickly. It wont be there in the end. However I think at the moment, this is the only place you can catch Seawaddle/Swadloon.)

So why am I releasing this? Well, I have school at the moment, that kind of slows things down. But I'm also researching and spriting a little bit more, so that slows things down as well. So here's what I've got so far :P

If you have already gotten as far as you can in the last patch, I suggest you don't download this one yet. If you've never played this hack before and are interested, then please download beta 1.1. And if you are waiting for a final version, then of course, this patch isn't for you. ;)

Last edited:

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Oh,cool update ! But you have School in August ?
Also you're playing Jupiter ? Lol it is kinda messy and incomplete...

Last edited:

Pinta77

This beta goes up to 3 gyms. Well, 4 if you count the incomplete one.

And yes, school in August...

Last edited by a moderator:

mavy42

I'm back, broz :)
Years
yo man! made a new userbar for you! Hope you like it!

k0ovbm.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/k0ovbm.png[/IMG]

Pinta77

I haven't made any progress on pink version. :x I needed to change a pallate and I couldn't figure it out. So I practiced on a different rom and figured it out. And Pretty soon a side project was born along with these sprites.

spritesheet2.png

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Those are from Colosseum, am I right? :D
I must say that Bodybuilder looks pretty bad in resized graphics :/
I know that he should be bigger and fat (xD) like in Colosseum but I think you should try to make him smaller =)

Back