• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyJacqui

The one and only -
Years
I reaallyyy want Gen 3 remakes, but Idk if they will or not. Can someone fill me in on the rumor of 'Pokemon Rainbow' ? And I don't think this is gen 6, It seems like Gen 5 just came out.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Can someone fill me in on the rumor of 'Pokemon Rainbow'
All rumours are just that: rumours. Unfounded, no backing up, etc. As such, all we know is that it is an announcement on Pokemon.

One can say likely new game though, and possibly new gen due to a number of factors though (in part how darn much they have promoted this announcement, for instance). Anything more than that should be taken with a grain of salt, if that. We'll find out in a half hour at any rate.

In regards to new gen or not... well, consider the anime in Japan about to end (with a seemingly 'filler' saga to start soon after), and the fact they rushed out all the 5th gen event Pokemon already rather than doing them relatively slowly to the 4th gen (and they only lasted as long as 4th gen lasted too that time). And Game Freak had access to the 3ds dev kits for some years now too, so surely something sooner or later on the 3ds is coming out by them.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Eww, these rumors are getting worse and worse. Pokémon rainbow? With four regions? Only 20 pokémons? This better not be true.

We'll find out in 22 minutes :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
*watching Nintendo Direct....starts off with "History of Pokemon" just like I had said*

SONOVA! NOOOOOOO! TTwTT Its going like I feared!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they have a third version it'lll be called Pokemon Z version I bet. That dark legendary looked cool :D!
And WW releases simultaneously for the win!

kammond

Huh
Years
Oh my god. Still shaking.

Bit disappointed about the loss of sprite artwork, but the 3D isn't nearly as bad as I imagined. They still managed to keep the cartoon-like charm that the sprite artwork had.

I want to watch it again

Years
I love how the game logos are Blue and Red just like how B2W2's were...maybe they're hinting at Remakes. Man Hoenn's going to look kind of weird in these graphics.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Also note that this is a game to be released in 10 months. That's a long time to further improve graphics shown off in that trailer.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I was watching it through gian's stream in Japanese and since it was loading kind of odd at times I'm about to rewatch it in English! Freakin' excited to all hell!!!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
It's Pokemon X and Y! I hope it comes to my country (and in my language) as well! Looks like Game Freak wants worldwide to be in sync in release dates!

Eps

Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
Looks awesome, I wonder if they will release an updated version of the 3DS (as in the better 3D performance from the 3DS to the 3DS XL) for the release of the games.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Oh my god. Still shaking.

Bit disappointed about the loss of sprite artwork, but the 3D isn't nearly as bad as I imagined. They still managed to keep the cartoon-like charm that the sprite artwork had.

I want to watch it again

We all knew Pokémon had to go 3d sometime. I welcome the change, it was much needed IMO.

Years
Alright so themes for Pokemon have been
gen 1: Colors
gen 2: Metals and a mineral/crystal
gen 3: Precious stones
gen 4: Precious stone, most famous organic stone, and most precious metal
gen 5: shades
gen 6: Dimensions (lol for the 3D of course X, Y, and Z are the three dimensions...wow that's sort of uncreative)

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Oh my... it seems like this is going to be the first fire starter I will pick for my first playthrough ever. I like the bird legend though and... am I the only one reminded of Pokemon Jade by the deer thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back