• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do you like pokemon???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
Personally, I only like Pokemon for it's games (and hacks =P), and partially because of it's TCG. I despise every other part of it. Escpecially the anime.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Because the main games are brilliant examples of RPG and strategy battle elements

Kasedilla

Almighty Delicious One
Years
Well... I won't lie: I first got into Pokemon because y'know, all the cool kids were doing it, but these days, I like it both because of the addictive gameplay and because I just love the little critters themselves.
They're just so loveable, y'know? I'm not exactly sure why, but they are. :P

The_Pink_One

Certified Pinkaholic
Years
Personally, I only like Pokemon for it's games (and hacks =P), and partially because of it's TCG. I despise every other part of it. Escpecially the anime.

OMG!!! ME 2! I really only like the games. I do not like the anime AT ALL, only because of Team Rocket! OMG!!! I HHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEE team rocket. They bug the ____ out of me!!!!!!!!! TEAM ROCKET MUST DIE, argh!

(well, i do like pokemon chronials, only because of NO FREAKIN JESSE AND JAMES)

My fav is pokemon mystery doungon, because they're no humans. I don't like the humans, only the pokmon. The humans annoy me, lol!

The pokemon are also SOOO cute (well some of them), and it is really interesting to learn about them, because they can do things that humans can not do =)!

I wanna be an animal resercher when I grow up, so I study pokemon for practice, lol, XD!!!!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Because the main games are brilliant examples of RPG and strategy battle elements

I would also like to add that this game is unique, the fact that Pokemon don't actually kill each other but rather make each other faint. I enjoy my diet of bloody violent games, but Pokemon is a nice change-up if you will, despite their extreme attacks!

And most of the legends in the game are pretty cool looking! I have a thing for legendary Pokemon!

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Well, I had this Game Boy Color that my aunt gave me, and I didn't have any games for it, so my mom bought me a snazzy Yellow version. o.o

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I like it because the idea is so unique. Pokemon was one of the first to have the idea of little monsters you capture.

I like pretty much every part, but my favorite is the anime. I've watched almost all the anime, and my favorite characters are Jessie, James, Meowth, and May.

The manga is pretty good, but it's to hard to get a hold of, having to order it and all. I prefer to stick to the games, TCG, and anime.

Years
I... don't know if I can explain it well. I think it's just everything about it. :D I'll just talk about the games, since that's the only thing I'm really into these days.

First, the Pokémon themselves. They're really neat, and I like most of their designs. ^^ The whole trainer thing is pretty appealing to me as well, and gyms? Awesome. Then, there's the regions, I think they're all pretty well-done. The moves and types are nice. It has decent replay value; the story may be the same, but most likely, your team will not be. Finally, the games are always changing and adding something new to every generation. I think it's cool. ^^

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
I loved the TV show when it first came out, it was the best(and first) anime I had ever seen, then I got my first pkmn game, and well the rest is history...

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
Years
I think that for me its just the fact that the anime has developed into so much more than just the T.V shows, as from the anime has come Pokemon TCG trading cards and battling, games varying from way back to the nintendo 64 which had the priviligde of games like Pokemon Snap and the first Pokemon Stadium right through to the Nintendo Wii and DS with its new Pokemon games Battle evolution and D/P. Another thing as to why i probably have always liked pokemon is because of its ever lasting seasons, each new season bringing different storylines to the show and characters. I guess ive become attatchedto pokemon from a young age and just still seem to like it very much today.

~Kipper~

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well, I like for it's concept of capturing creatures and raising them, and their designs. The game is what I like about Pokemon the most. It's unique I guess, though many others have tried to copy it (or vice versa)... :\

CHaRiSMa

Watching Celty chase bad guys
Years
Like said before by others.. because of the concept of catching pkmn and training them.. I've imagined a lot of times that I'm a real pkmn trainer. Oh to just go on a pkmn journey.. leave this f*****g school >_< and have tons and tons of adventure.. And besides pkmn as creatures are just so amazing!! They can be cute, tough, beautiful, mysterious.. @_@

Years
  • Age 32
  • MA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Meh, I got into Pokemon way back when everyone liked it; I was about 7 or 8 years old...

My friend brought over the little talking Pikachu, and I thought it was the cutest little thing, then he introduced me to the games, and I quickley became hooked.

I watched the show, but never really got too into it, It was mainly a last-resort show I'd watch if nothing else was on (Aand still is).

Anyways, once everyone else in my school started to grow out of the obsession, I kinda...didnn't, and still haven't, even at 14 years old...

That might explain why I don't have a girlfriend xD

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
Years
I got into Pokemon when I first saw the Anime, although I don't watch it any more. It's mainly the games that appeal to me.
I like the Pokemon themselves, some of the memorable places in Kanto and some of the Trainers (Gym Leader Brock is my fave).

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
Years
The theme song! Duuurr!!

I like the very concept of the series. And the characters are very cute (except May *hiss*) and the show itself is very infectious. I like the show a little better than the games because you don't have to use your hands while you're watching TV. *lazy* 8D

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
Years
I used to like it becaues I was a child.

but now,I'm not so sure...but I think it's cuz I'm hoping that one day,it'll get a little more serious...like the shadow the hedghog game.

not to mention that I took it upon myself to remember all of the first 150 pokemon,when I was a child...now it's burned into my mind forever...lol...plus some pokemon are just too cool to pass up..*ahem*....>.>...*looks at lvl.97 Blazer,my first Charizard&pokemon ever*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back