• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Atheist Alliance

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome droomph and Jarred0809!

I have to say, I've never seen anything like that on my Facebook feed either; I haven't seen any Jesus at all which is honestly surprising now that I think about it. I have quite a few Christians added as friends, including some hyper-religious cousins who actually go to church willingly...

My only real atheistic Easter tradition is to make sure I eat chicken or beef on Good Friday lol

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I lied I just saw one.

"Like if he died for you, He's watching :)"

Also I have to read the bible for Theology. It's a huge annoyance, lol. :(

droomph

weeb
Years
Whoo thought I was in trouble for a moment there

...so if you don't mind me asking, which Book are you on?

Hah I saw one that was like "Like if you believe that God exists" and there was a Photoshopped (or something) shadow of a man in a cloud picture. Come on, really? I'm pretty sure God doesn't waste his time in the stratosphere of our puny world, with the ozone layer and such.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's not like "read the Bible straight through", we just read certain books like Exodus, Mark, John, and Revelations, haha. We just finished John/Revelations so not sure where we're going from here.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Sign me up. I have been an atheist for quite a while, though a closet one, since Philippines is not really the country where you want to be an atheist, being a DEEPLY RELIGIOUS country at that.

I have seen quite a few facebook posts, saying that, "if you love satan keep scrolling, and if you love Jesus, share this picture." I do not mean to be disrespectful at all, but what of those people who does not believe in him? Does that mean we are of the devil's army already? Being an atheist is like being branded as the devil's incarn.

droomph

weeb
Years
It's not like "read the Bible straight through", we just read certain books like Exodus, Mark, John, and Revelations, haha. We just finished John/Revelations so not sure where we're going from here.
Well John is a book about how Jesus helped people and Revelations is...well, a book of revelations, so you might be going into the "letters" part of the Bible soon (1-3 John, Romans, etc.).
Sign me up. I have been an atheist for quite a while, though a closet one, since Philippines is not really the country where you want to be an atheist, being a DEEPLY RELIGIOUS country at that.

I have seen quite a few facebook posts, saying that, "if you love satan keep scrolling, and if you love Jesus, share this picture." I do not mean to be disrespectful at all, but what of those people who does not believe in him? Does that mean we are of the devil's army already? Being an atheist is like being branded as the devil's incarn.
Don't worry, they're just attention HHHHWWWWs (etc.) so you can just ignore them :) It's not like God's paying attention to fb THAT much, even God has limits to detail (but not to power, mercy, etc. please don't argue I mean no harm:(). I mean, he's USING fb to spread the word but he's not seeing who's scrolling past those pictures.

If you believe he exists that is

miltankRancher

Years
Well John is a book about how Jesus helped people and Revelations is...well, a book of revelations, so you might be going into the "letters" part of the Bible soon (1-3 John, Romans, etc.).

Revelations is the only book of the bible I actually took some time to read. I have read a few verses and such, about the Apocalypse. There's not much there though. The letters of [Paul?] is the larger part of the new testament, though I believe it is not the most important, seeing as how the Gospel works. I also read the first few verses of Matthew where the timeline from Adam to Jesus was stated.

droomph

weeb
Years
Revelations is the only book of the bible I actually took some time to read. I have read a few verses and such, about the Apocalypse. There's not much there though. The letters of [Paul?] is the larger part of the new testament, though I believe it is not the most important, seeing as how the Gospel works. I also read the first few verses of Matthew where the timeline from Adam to Jesus was stated.
Well from what I know the last few chapters of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (and the first few verses of Acts) are the most important to the Christian faith, because Easter and such and why we even bother with church on Sundays and stuff.

droomph

weeb
Years
The books are basically the foundation of Christianity worldwide though.
Yep. But those select verses are the real reason why there's still Christianity. The whole book is great, but the most important one are those verses. Always read that part first, before any other book. Then start with the Old Testament, working your way forward, and then finally finishing off with the Letters.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I would like to partake in this social club filled with people who have the similar beliefs as myself. I was taught into church by my grandpa but my parents were Wiccan/Pagan so a clash between two religions makes it hard to pick, my brother went to Wicca and I just decided screw it I won't believe in any religion so I went Athiest. I recently read a book on different kinds of religions so I know more about other religions then an average person.

miltankRancher

Years
Yep. But those select verses are the real reason why there's still Christianity. The whole book is great, but the most important one are those verses. Always read that part first, before any other book. Then start with the Old Testament, working your way forward, and then finally finishing off with the Letters.

I never really bothered reading the bible wholly. Just parts, yes, but as a whole, nah. Never.

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah it's boring sometimes too. Just skip the Census (where it lists all the descendants of Abraham) parts and you'll be fine.

I would like to partake in this social club filled with people who have the similar beliefs as myself. I was taught into church by my grandpa but my parents were Wiccan/Pagan so a clash between two religions makes it hard to pick, my brother went to Wicca and I just decided screw it I won't believe in any religion so I went Athiest. I recently read a book on different kinds of religions so I know more about other religions then an average person.
Well hi there! I hope you can find what you really want (and get to know yourself) here!

We're not the pushy type, we swear.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome miltankRancher and greenmoon1996! :D

The Bible is honestly terribly written. You'd think if God were going to compel these people to write a book he would have chosen better writers or made these people better writers. I've read the first two pages and I almost got a headache from just how awful it was. it seemed to me that for each paragraph they picked a word and then they revolved that entire paragraph around that word and featured it at least once in each sentence. I came out of it with Jackie Chan confused face.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Hello, my name is Jessi, but my name on here is Mockingjay.

I am 15 years old, and most of my family is extremely religious. I was brought up by Catholics, went to Catholic schools, and forced into after school religion classes after I moved onto public schools.

I, however, have been a closet Atheist for a while now. I've recently said something to my dad, cousin, three best friends, and some other friends when religious debates came up.

I honestly see no point in any religion whatsoever. All they've done is bring war upon people. However, my grandmother, along with my other family members, would deem me as a devil worshiper if I said otherwise.

In addition, I believe the Bible is a load of baloney. Perhaps the people in it were real, but most likely not. If they were, Jesus surely didn't rise from the dead. That's just crazy. Regardless of my beliefs, I have to keep my mouth shut if I want some peace and quiet in my family.

My favorite quotes from a Bible:

Ezekiel 23:19 -23:20 (New International Version) NIV
"
Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hello, my name is Jessi, but my name on here is Mockingjay.

I am 15 years old, and most of my family is extremely religious. I was brought up by Catholics, went to Catholic schools, and forced into after school religion classes after I moved onto public schools.

I, however, have been a closet Atheist for a while now. I've recently said something to my dad, cousin, three best friends, and some other friends when religious debates came up.

I honestly see no point in any religion whatsoever. All they've done is bring war upon people. However, my grandmother, along with my other family members, would deem me as a devil worshiper if I said otherwise.

In addition, I believe the Bible is a load of baloney. Perhaps the people in it were real, but most likely not. If they were, Jesus surely didn't rise from the dead. That's just crazy. Regardless of my beliefs, I have to keep my mouth shut if I want some peace and quiet in my family.

My favorite quotes from a Bible:

Ezekiel 23:19 -23:20 (New International Version) NIV
"
Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Welcome Jessi! :D That quote is actually hilarious, at least something good came out of the bible ;D

droomph

weeb
Years

The Bible is honestly terribly written. You'd think if God were going to compel these people to write a book he would have chosen better writers or made these people better writers. I've read the first two pages and I almost got a headache from just how awful it was. it seemed to me that for each paragraph they picked a word and then they revolved that entire paragraph around that word and featured it at least once in each sentence. I came out of it with Jackie Chan confused face.
Yeah...well, it's in a desperate need of a rewrite.

E.g. Leprosy is a treatable disease now. Switch to cancer prtyplz?

There are lots others but I can't think of any as of now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But you have to think of the symbolism in the book. As much as I'm not religious, would you ask a book written in the past to be changed so you can understand it better? Why ask the Bible to do the same thing? And the symbolism of leprosy isn't the same as the current symbolism of cancer; back then leprosy was seen as a punishment for sin, and the people were confined because of how contagious it was and no one wanted to touch them. That doesn't apply to cancer so if Jesus is kind and gets near someone with cancer it doesn't have the same effect.

miltankRancher

Years

I agree. I mean, they could have made it better. We live in a modern world, and the bible simply does not live in it. Pre-medieval words. I mean, if it was the Word, why not edit it to make it more... I don't know understandable. But I know it is not possible as it has been written that way by people long dead. But I still believe, even in their time period, they could have written it better.

droomph

weeb
Years
But you have to think of the symbolism in the book. As much as I'm not religious, would you ask a book written in the past to be changed so you can understand it better? Why ask the Bible to do the same thing? And the symbolism of leprosy isn't the same as the current symbolism of cancer; back then leprosy was seen as a punishment for sin, and the people were confined because of how contagious it was and no one wanted to touch them. That doesn't apply to cancer so if Jesus is kind and gets near someone with cancer it doesn't have the same effect.
Well you know what I'm trying to get at. Well? I don't know, but the Leprosy being curable part still stands.

And I'm thinking, maybe no religion ever made is ever right, and no one will ever, because the real power that resides over the universe is way too complicated to be described even vaguely accurately. Or maybe they can be described, but no one knows enough to make a lasting description that people from eras afterward can understand and relate to.

Oh well, might as well not question it in the case that I am wrong ^^

Back