• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Atheist Alliance

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Just today, in science class, my entire group of 8 people were discussing the Passion of Christ. They all agreed that it "really happened" and that the movie "made them feel sad." They then realized I said nothing, and they asked me what religion I was. I, however, said I would not prefer to say, but they kept questioning me. I shut up then, as they are my friends. The last thing I needed was them lecturing me and ganging up on me in the middle of class. I don't like to hate on others for their beliefs, but when that's all you talk about, don't expect me to care...

Was Passion of Christ relevant to your Science class or?... o_o Do you live in the bible belt? It's weird for me to think people have to live like that, where Atheism isn't normal, since I'm at University studying Zoology/Science and roughly 50% of people are Atheist.

droomph

weeb
Years
I think that if you take religion too seriously and start persecuting people because yeah, gô∂ (or whoever) wouldn't like it, as the point of religion is to create order and peace.

I think the atheist people can go to (my) hell if they don't believe in (my) Jeebus but that's something for God to take care of, not me. I'm here to help. If you seriously want to know more, I'm here to help. However I'm not gonna hassle you about it in the middle of San Francisco, and if you don't want to I won't come knocking on your door with the Bible in my hands and hassling in my mind. Besides, Apossul Apostle Paul says I'm not supposed to "hassle in the name of Christ" so screw you Born Agains, I'm doing it the way I very darn feel like.

Please do understand, Atheists, that we're not supposed to be like them. COME LOVE US ON SUNDAYS PRTYPLZ
There's probably no God, now stop worrying and enjoy your life.
That just makes me angry. Christians and most religious people are already living life to the fullest. I distinctly remember a passage in the Bible (I dunno where) that says "God created wine and **** so you could have FUN" so yeah...we're living life to the fullest. Now stop *****ing about our snobby-ness please. We would love to party with you.
Just today, in science class, my entire group of 8 people were discussing the Passion of Christ. They all agreed that it "really happened" and that the movie "made them feel sad." They then realized I said nothing, and they asked me what religion I was. I, however, said I would not prefer to say, but they kept questioning me. I shut up then, as they are my friends. The last thing I needed was them lecturing me and ganging up on me in the middle of class. I don't like to hate on others for their beliefs, but when that's all you talk about, don't expect me to care...
You should go watch some more realistic and relevant movies, because honestly even my pastor says it's not much more than just 90 minutes of drama than actual learning about Christ and his resurrection.

All in all I think Christianity is about fun (and believe me PC is a great example of Christian fun) while not getting too crazy and disrespecting other people. Everything should be in moderation to live a truly happy life. I hate you, Born Agains. I hope you all die sad and lonely, because that's how people view you. Now put down that Bible and talk to people about music and stuff. You can read it before bed tonight but NOT NOW

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Was Passion of Christ relevant to your Science class or?... o_o Do you live in the bible belt? It's weird for me to think people have to live like that, where Atheism isn't normal, since I'm at University studying Zoology/Science and roughly 50% of people are Atheist.

No, it was nothing to do with science. We were doing something with color dye and water. I don't know how it came up.

Ehh, I know about 3 Atheists.

I don't know where the bible belt is, but I live in southern Louisiana.

I think that if you take religion too seriously and start persecuting people because yeah, gô∂ (or whoever) wouldn't like it, as the point of religion is to create order and peace.

I think the atheist people can go to (my) hell if they don't believe in (my) Jeebus but that's something for God to take care of, not me. I'm here to help. If you seriously want to know more, I'm here to help. However I'm not gonna hassle you about it in the middle of San Francisco, and if you don't want to I won't come knocking on your door with the Bible in my hands and hassling in my mind. Besides, Apossul Apostle Paul says I'm not supposed to "hassle in the name of Christ" so screw you Born Agains, I'm doing it the way I very darn feel like.

Please do understand, Atheists, that we're not supposed to be like them. COME LOVE US ON SUNDAYS PRTYPLZThat just makes me angry. Christians and most religious people are already living life to the fullest. I distinctly remember a passage in the Bible (I dunno where) that says "God created wine and **** so you could have FUN" so yeah...we're living life to the fullest. Now stop *****ing about our snobby-ness please. We would love to party with you.You should go watch some more realistic and relevant movies, because honestly even my pastor says it's not much more than just 90 minutes of drama than actual learning about Christ and his resurrection.

All in all I think Christianity is about fun (and believe me PC is a great example of Christian fun) while not getting too crazy and disrespecting other people. Everything should be in moderation to live a truly happy life. I hate you, Born Agains. I hope you all die sad and lonely, because that's how people view you. Now put down that Bible and talk to people about music and stuff. You can read it before bed tonight but NOT NOW

Whatever point you tried to make in this post is unclear to me.

I can't even tell what religion you are. What.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Please do understand, Atheists, that we're not supposed to be like them. COME LOVE US ON SUNDAYS PRTYPLZThat just makes me angry. Christians and most religious people are already living life to the fullest. I distinctly remember a passage in the Bible (I dunno where) that says "God created wine and **** so you could have FUN" so yeah...we're living life to the fullest. Now stop *****ing about our snobby-ness please. We would love to party with you.You should go watch some more realistic and relevant movies, because honestly even my pastor says it's not much more than just 90 minutes of drama than actual learning about Christ and his resurrection.

Born again just means that you're going to heaven. If you say you hate born-agains, you're saying that you hate all Christians, and Christianity itself, essentially. From what I gathered though, you are a Christian... I think... maybe. lol

I don't know where the bible belt is, but I live in southern Louisiana.
Yeah, that's the bible belt. lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Born again just means that you're going to heaven. If you say you hate born-agains, you're saying that you hate all Christians, and Christianity itself, essentially. From what I gathered though, you are a Christian... I think... maybe. lol

Yeah, that's the bible belt. lol

Thanks, I decided to be lazy and not google it until just now..

My, oh my..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You guys are being a little unfairly harsh on the guy. While in the technical sense all Christians have been "born again", there's a certain type of Christian that is considered a "born-again" Christian who evangelizes very heavily and tries to force their religion on other people.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
May I join?

I'm not an atheist, but I also don't believe in any religion much..
I actually have no idea what I am and I'm trying to build up my beliefs by some research, talking with people and trying to understand >.>
So I like this kind of talks very much xD

I was born in a catholic family, my family expects from me to believe in God, go to church and things like that..
but my brain just screams every time I have to deal with religious people that don't think for themselves.
I don't agree with the catholic church in many aspects, but because of my family I still have to attend "religion" lessons at school, even after proving that the teacher teaches us some complete idiotic things (ever knew that yoga or acupuncture make you more likely to be influenced by demons?)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
May I join?

I'm not an atheist, but I also don't believe in any religion much..
I actually have no idea what I am and I'm trying to build up my beliefs by some research, talking with people and trying to understand >.>
So I like this kind of talks very much xD

I was born in a catholic family, my family expects from me to believe in God, go to church and things like that..
but my brain just screams every time I have to deal with religious people that don't think for themselves.
I don't agree with the catholic church in many aspects, but because of my family I still have to attend "religion" lessons at school, even after proving that the teacher teaches us some complete idiotic things (ever knew that yoga or acupuncture make you more likely to be influenced by demons?)

Welcome~

It seems you may a bit Agnostic.. :P

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. My family doesn't know about my religious thoughts, though. Except my dad and one of my cousins..

I hate religion classes after school. It was dumb.

Did you know that littering is a sin? It's stealing the environment away from others! Oh boy.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Hmmm, according to the previously linked site...

I'm a gnostic, positive/strong/explicit, broad, indifferent, open, evangelical/active, non-religious atheist.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
You guys are being a little unfairly harsh on the guy. While in the technical sense all Christians have been "born again", there's a certain type of Christian that is considered a "born-again" Christian who evangelizes very heavily and tries to force their religion on other people.
Ah, I wasn't trying to be harsh... I'm just saying, he's using the wrong word. lol

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Welcome BZW Golem! I hope you find our discussions helpful :D

droomph, would you mind telling us a little about yourself and your religious beliefs? I just looked over the thread and the stuff you say seems to be yo-yo-ing a lot and I think we're all a bit confused about it lol. In your first post you seemed very enthusiastic about atheism and then you've sort of transitioned back and forth between that and talking about how great Christianity is - which is absolutely fine, if you want to defend Christianity that's all good. But you've been sending kinda mixed messages so it's hard to tell which it is and what perspective you're speaking from lol

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm a Christian but I'm really enthusiastic about respecting atheism (and other beliefs) so that people will recognize that not ALL Christians burn Korans and stuff. Soooo I try to make friends with them. But I don't know about the other posts.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Thanks for clearing that up :) everything you've said thus far makes a lot more sense now lol

Also, I usually can't stand things like this - I find them utterly obnoxious and I wish Facebook were rid of them, but this one actually managed to make me laugh so I thought I would share it in spite of myself lol

576833_10150746832604483_241756214482_9132137_392169602_n.jpg

Years
^ That got a chuckle out of me.

I'd like to join this one, too. :D

I consider myself an agnostic atheist. I was born and raised in a semi-rural area of Tennessee, which wasn't a problem most of the time but it bit hard when it actually did bite. At some point during my freshmen year of high school, a lot of people thought I was a Satanist and wouldn't even so much as glance in my general direction.

During the last half of my senior year of high school, I was being evangelized by the FCA's student president through hand-written letters and open invitations to events at his church. The first letter incredibly vague, and I kind of thought he had a crush on me or something and didn't know how to phrase it properly. The second letter was a more obvious sign that he was trying to get me to "see the light" and the Bible he gave me with the third letter sent it straight out of the park.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
At some point during my freshmen year of high school, a lot of people thought I was a Satanist and wouldn't even so much as glance in my general direction.
Wow, that's just messed up. There was an actual Satanist in my high school, and she was friends with everyone, even me... and I'm a Christian. lol

Granted, I always left, or ignored her when she started talking about it, but I wouldn't not be friends with her over it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ugh I felt so bad for this poor girl that was in my sister's high school in 06. Even though she wasn't a Satanist (she was atheist iirc, maybe Wiccan though), everyone assumed that she was and therefore spread a rumor that she was going to bring a gun to school on 6/6/06 for obvious reasons. That day was absolutely terrible for her.

Years
Wow, that's just messed up. There was an actual Satanist in my high school, and she was friends with everyone, even me... and I'm a Christian. lol

Granted, I always left, or ignored her when she started talking about it, but I wouldn't not be friends with her over it.
Heh. It was one of the many experiences I had in high school that allowed me to figure out who my real friends were. :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ugh I felt so bad for this poor girl that was in my sister's high school in 06. Even though she wasn't a Satanist (she was atheist iirc, maybe Wiccan though), everyone assumed that she was and therefore spread a rumor that she was going to bring a gun to school on 6/6/06 for obvious reasons. That day was absolutely terrible for her.

Whoa that's terrible D:

Anyone who identified as Wican was the butt of jokes in my school, all other religions or lack thereof weren't important. To be fair I don't think they were actually Wican, they just liked the idea of 'witchcraft' and missed the entire point :L Real Wicans tend to be lovely.

droomph

weeb
Years
7896045d-a606-49f0-b30b-dfb80ee4ec35

I wouldn't mind if someone was a Satanist as long as it didn't interfere with their personal behavior. Even altered looks would be fine, but if it starts to affect how you act then good-****ing-bye for you.

Also this applies to any religion that exists (or doesn't)

Back